.50 movie pulled after theatre shooting

Comments

• Damn that was here! My boy D**e was just telling me about it yesterday. I can't stand this city sometimes. Bad enough it's almost impossible to find records here.
    Shooting at movies is

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Damn that was here! My boy D**e was just telling me about it yesterday. I can't stand this city sometimes. Bad enough it's almost impossible to find records here.

Shooting at movies is

Yeah... Pittsburgh is weird like that... I think there was a similar instance when Menace II Society debuted in the Hill District.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Damn that was here! My boy D**e was just telling me about it yesterday. I can't stand this city sometimes. Bad enough it's almost impossible to find records here.
    Shooting at movies is

Yeah... Pittsburgh is weird like that... I think there was a similar instance when Menace II Society debuted in the Hill District.

The movie theatres were raw out in Flint when Menace II Society came out.

not a good look.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Shooting at movies is

weird though, the waterfront's like half a block from a banana republic and a home depot.

I get frustrated that businesses feel a need to react to these kind of things though. would increased security have stopped the shooting? probably not. is the lowes in homestead suddenly a new hot spot for gang activity? doubtful. so why can't people just go on with thier lives?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Life = Art / Art = Life

There is no longer a boundary.

• Damn that was here! My boy D**e was just telling me about it yesterday. I can't stand this city sometimes. Bad enough it's almost impossible to find records here.
    Shooting at movies is

Fights, shootings, etc. were common when movies like New Jack City, Boyz N The Hood, etc. came out. I think shit happened in every city just about.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

Fights, shootings, etc. were common when movies like New Jack City, Boyz N The Hood, etc. came out. I think shit happened in every city just about.

Calling them "common" is an overstatement. Sure, they happened, but it certainly wasn't a "common" occurrence.

-e

Calling them "common" is an overstatement. Sure, they happened, but it certainly wasn't a "common" occurrence.

-e

semantics.

More common than other movies at the time. yes.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

-e

You are obviously not from Grafwritah's side of the trackz.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Life = Art / Art = Life

There is no longer a boundary.

With some of these in radio shootings and escalating rap beefs it may be so.

Intrinsic violence in hiphop?
    nice avatar btw

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Come on man you got to worse that retarded to shoot at the movies. Even actual retards don't get down like that.

• Thats fucked up. Reminds me of that Dimond song.

Also reminds me of a far less violent but very fucked movie going experience I had.

I went to see garden state with my girlfriend when it came out. We were in a really small privately owned movie theater. The movie didn't start on time and we waited like 15 minutes. Finally I got up and went to the lobby and told them the movie hadn't started yet. I went back to my seat and a minute later heard screaming from the back of the theater. I went back out to the lobby and the girl that went up to check on the projectionist was freaking out. Dude had a heart attack and died. Shit was crazy.

Come on man you got to worse that retarded to shoot at the movies. Even actual retards don't get down like that.

umm what?

• There was a riot at that same theatre last year during a holiday. The place got bum rushed with kids and all hell busted loose. I don't remember them pulling Christmass with the Cranks.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    [begin race thread]

A shooting in a Pittsburgh multiplex Wednesday night has resulted in a death, and the removal of the 50 Cent film thought to have incited it:

The Loews theater chain pulled rapper 50 Cent???s new film Get Rich or Die Tryin??? from a theater near Pittsburgh after a man was shot to death in the lobby Wednesday night.

Police said Shelton Flowers, 30, of Wilkinsburg, Pa., was shot at 11:06 p.m. and died later at an area hospital. [???]

It is not clear whether the individuals involved in the shooting had just left the screening of Get Rich, which had started at 10 p.m., but Reid acknowledged that they had come from that direction.

It may not be clear, but we think it???s safe to say Get Rich Or Die Tryin??? was the cinematic culprit. After all, what kind of gunplay could be inspired by any of the other movies playing at the same Loews theater that evening?

?? Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
    ?? A History of Violence
    ?? Doom

Wholesome entertainments like these, with their accompanying, hip-hop-free soundtracks, induce only one thing: a fun, uneventful, and escapist evening at the movies!
    from thedefamer.com

seems like some bullshit to me

• Fights, shootings, etc. were common when movies like New Jack City, Boyz N The Hood, etc. came out. I think shit happened in every city just about.

I guess it all depends on what you define as "common". I think most cities had at least one incident.