pad thai NRR

DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
pad thai..who likes? i can't get enough of it. i like mine spicy with tofu. any takers...

Comments

• edubedub 715 Posts
    I'm leaving tomorrow on a 3 week trip to Thailand... I'll let you know when I get back

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I LOVE Pad Thai.

Chicken, lots of onions, nuts, etc... Yum.

I love it even more when I come home drunk & have cold left-overs.

• I love it even more when I come home drunk & have cold left-overs.

This is key.

• pad thai..who likes? i can't get enough of it. i like mine spicy with tofu. any takers...

i luv me some pad thai extra spicy no peanuts though not that i'm allergic i just don't think they have a place on pad thai gee i am hungry.

• i'm allergic

"too bad..peanuts rock in pad thai, ask the puff man"- robert goulet

• tom ka kai soup, chicken masaman and a thai ice tea please.

• thai iced tea..now yer talkin'

• the manager lady at the thai place i used to go to when i lived in nc
    was quick to call pad thai
    "THAI CHEESEBURGER!" angrily
    whenever it was ordered.

• I'm a fiend for the Pad Ki Mao. Broad rice noodles with basil and chili pepper, some chicken and shrimp, extra spicy. With a thai iced tea to wash it down. Follow it up with a mango sorbet.
    I'm pretty sure that is what they serve for your first meal in heaven.

• i used to go this place in silver lake.. on the corner of sunset and hyperion.. way the fuck back in the day... it was a thai joint run thais and el salvadoreans.... i used to get a pupusa w/ basil and chili chicken...

• Torung Restaurant
    5657 Hollywood Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90028-6813 View Map
    (323) 464-2750

open til' 3am bitches!!!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Someone was looking for vegetarian recipes a while back and I posted this Pad Thai recipe. I'm not vegetarian anymore but I still make this one fairly often.

Pad Thai

8 oz. rice noodles
    2 tsp. peanut oil
    2 medium red bell pepper, julienned
    6 cloves garlic, minced
    2 large ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
    4 oz. snow peas, trimmed
    4 oz. firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/4-inch thick matchsticks
    1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
    2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
    2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
    1/4 cup chopped cashews for garnish
    4 green onions, chopped for garnish
    2 oz. bean sprouts for garnish

Directions:

In large pot, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. When water boils, add noodles, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook until al dente, about 4 minutes. Drain.

In large wok or skillet fry tofu in 1 tsp. peanut oil and remove when crispy.

Heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and garlic and stir-fry 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, snow peas and tofu and stir-fry just until tender, about 4 minutes. Add soy sauce and lime juice and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in cooked noodles.

Spoon noodle mixture onto warm plates and garnish with cashews, green onions, cilantro, and bean sprouts.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    pad thai..who likes? i can't get enough of it. i like mine spicy with tofu. any takers...

yes!!!

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    pad thai rocks and is very easy to make.
    a staple around here

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    tom ka kai soup, chicken masaman and a thai ice tea please.

That's my shit right there. I prefer tom ka soup or a yellow curry and rice thai dish over pad thai, but I still like pad thai too.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    the only Pad Thai i've had was at "the Asian ghetto" in Berkley. I liked it.

• I prefer some sorta red curry dish with rice...not too much coconut milk though!!!

• Pad thai is off the chain. Spicy and with tofu is real nice. At it's best it is one of the best.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

What's and is when restaurants try to cut corners (and costs) by using ketchup as a substitute for tamarind paste...

In Thailand, best to head to Cheng Mai for cuisine

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    in SoCal there's a place called Phukit thai (pronounced poo-kay) that has real good Pad Thai. One in LBC & one in Huntington Beach.