Trick Baby

meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Was this soundtrack released in any form? Its pretty rawe.

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    no

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    the chase scene is a fuckin breakbeat monster

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I know, BTW is this on DVD?

I got something like a 33rd generation VHS copy and no VCR so I haven't seen this in years.

• Music by James Bond.

dunno bout DVD, I got a legit VHS copy though.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I know, BTW is this on DVD?

I got something like a 33rd generation VHS copy and no VCR so I haven't seen this in years.

I don't believe it's been released officially on DVD, but you should be able to find a reasonable official VHS online. It would be nice to have it in widescreen on DVD though.

• the chase scene is a fuckin breakbeat monster

if you are interested I can extract the audio file from the dvd , converting it in mp3....after all this is the same way they issued Black Shampo, Black Gestapo, Bucktown, friday foster, and all the other osts from movies that originally never had soundtrack album

I have divx ripped from dvd

Warning = universal issued the dvd along with that man bolt !

http://www.dvddrive-in.com/reviews/n-s/soulshowcaseuniv73.htm

not only would I love it, I'd love to have all the other soundtracks you just mentioned. Black Gestapo soundtrack is fire too.

Black Gestapo soundtrack is fire too.

too bad the movie is so shitty. But the old box I have has the poster as the cover, and it's one of the baddest exploitation posters ever.

When are they going to release Axelrod's hot score to the race film 'Cannonball' is what I wanna know.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

too bad the movie is so shitty.

dude! mac from night court as a crazed black gang leader? yes plaese!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I've seen a copy of the Black Gestapo OST in reissue sections at record stores here in LA. I havent given the LP a listen but I'm guessing its probably a rip of the actual film and not the music by itself.

I've also seen this for Black Belt Jones, Black Shampoo, and a couple other films I can't remember right now

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

that bathtub scene kinda made me look at Mac with a little more fear. If Harry makes a bad joke he's a dead man

that bathtub scene kinda made me look at Mac with a little more fear. If Harry makes a bad joke he's a dead man

exactly. beneath that sweater-vest lurked a monster!

My original assessment stands.

hatter.

hatter.

Hey, I still love my old video box art...so who's the hatter now?

I also can't believe that people think 'Darktown Strutters' is anything but sublime trash...I read that WaxPo article about it and I couldn't believe someone could wring ANY critical analysis about that (admittedly extremely entertaining) turd of a flick. Worth owning, sure. Worth writing critically about? Not in my opinion. I was hoping for some backstory on the production at least, but it was basically a rundown of every laughable scene. I just didn't get it.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts

Anyone got the black six ost? I've been meaning to record the title track of the dvd for a while

• not only would I love it, I'd love to have all the other soundtracks you just mentioned. Black Gestapo soundtrack is fire too.

this is an example

that man bolt "end-titles" ripped from dvd

: http://s23.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0GFC7R5JT0C7T1BBUCYMBHXB7V

isn't a great track ?

• Black Gestapo soundtrack is fire too.

Anyone got the black six ost? I've been meaning to record the title track of the dvd for a while

do it mang !

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts

do it mang !

alright - here it is.

Black Six OST - Black Six Theme

http://s26.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2S6A25HVL00YA0VT9ABISOK370

I tried ripping the theme for Black Gestapo but for some reson I was getting all kinds of noise. Anyway, it wasn't that good of an overall representation of the depth of the complete score, which is dope dope dop3.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I also can't believe that people think 'Darktown Strutters' is anything but sublime trash...I read that WaxPo article about it and I couldn't believe someone could wring ANY critical analysis about that (admittedly extremely entertaining) turd of a flick. Worth owning, sure. Worth writing critically about? Not in my opinion. I was hoping for some backstory on the production at least, but it was basically a rundown of every laughable scene. I just didn't get it.

The guy that writes that column is a self-important idiot.

I have a strong sense that he's still in high school.