question for kung fu-flicks connoisseurs ...

Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
edited November 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
suggest obscure hong kong movie with funk soundtrack - no matter if unissued ...

Comments

• spcspc 534 Posts
    suggest obscure hong kong movie with funk soundtrack - no matter if unissued ...

Do you mean only with original music/library soundtrack or ripped music from other films/records?

• ...both....

• spcspc 534 Posts
    I don't know if it's the case with the internation version, but the german dubbed version of "Bruce Li VS Supermen" got Bob James, Kraftwerk, Passwort and other fusion stuff.

"The Dragon Lives Again" got some blaxploitation stuff and music from "enter the dragon".

I got a french dubbed ninja movie with funky stuff and it also has Jonzun Crew and Planet Patrol. The right music to ninja to

The low-budgeted a movie is the more is the chance to have some good ripped off music in it.

"Bruce Lee fights back from the grave" also has funky music.

• I got a french dubbed ninja movie with funky stuff and it also has Jonzun Crew and Planet Patrol. The right music to ninja to

mmhhh.......the name of this masterpiece ?

• "The Dragon Lives Again" got some blaxploitation stuff and music from "enter the dragon".

What an acid trip of a movie that was.
    Bruce Lee meets Zatoichi, Popeye, Emanuelle, Clint Eastwood and more in Purgatory!!!

Like your avatar btw. Bruce Le, right?

• spcspc 534 Posts
    "The Dragon Lives Again" got some blaxploitation stuff and music from "enter the dragon".

What an acid trip of a movie that was.
    Bruce Lee meets Zatoichi, Popeye, Emanuelle, Clint Eastwood and more in Purgatory!!!

Like your avatar btw. Bruce Le, right?

Thanks, yes, Bruce Le.

I always thought Clones Of Bruce Lee and Bruce Li VS Supermen were the kings of Bruceploitation just until The Dragon Lives Again arrived in the mailbox
    I love it!
    Do you know anything else on that level?

• spcspc 534 Posts

I got a french dubbed ninja movie with funky stuff and it also has Jonzun Crew and Planet Patrol. The right music to ninja to

I only got the tape without the box, it says "Ninja Fury", on Delta Video.

There are many low-budget martial arts movies on http://www.publicdomaintorrents.com . I'm sure there are some among them with funky music. I downloaded them all but had no time yet to watch anything.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

There are many low-budget martial arts movies on http://www.publicdomaintorrents.com . I'm sure there are some among them with funky music. I downloaded them all but had no time yet to watch anything.

Shit.. I was just looking for some good public domain links TA

• I always thought Clones Of Bruce Lee and Bruce Li VS Supermen were the kings of Bruceploitation just until The Dragon Lives Again arrived in the mailbox
    I love it!

While not a Bruceploitation flick, there's a Shaw Brothers joint from the mid-late 70's called "HEAVEN AND HELL" (aka "SHAOLIN HELLGATE) that's hands down the most bizarre movie I've ever seen.
    It's directed by Chang Cheh (5 Deadly Venoms, Crippled Avengers, Super Ninjas) and stars pretty much everyone under contract with the studio at the time - including Alexander Fu Sheng, all of the Venoms, Li Yi-Min, David Chiang, Wang Lung Wei, etc.
    There's just no point in trying to explain the story. It starts off in Heaven, moves to present day Earth for the middle of the film, then finishes up in Hell with the Venoms trying to fight their way out of hades.
    There's kung fu, 60's Batman-style musical numbers, psychadelic drug use, the works.
    Trust me, you'll have a blast watching it. Although some prior Shaw knowledge would certainly increase one's enjoyment no doubt.
    It is available on Region 3 DVD in Chinese w/english subs.
    But I'd strongly suggest you wait until early next year when Image will release it in the states on a Region 1 disc with an all important old school ENGLISH DUB. Believe me, the dub makes this film that much better.
    It's just not the same in Mandarin.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    I always thought Clones Of Bruce Lee and Bruce Li VS Supermen were the kings of Bruceploitation just until The Dragon Lives Again arrived in the mailbox
    I love it!

While not a Bruceploitation flick, there's a Shaw Brothers joint from the mid-late 70's called "HEAVEN AND HELL" (aka "SHAOLIN HELLGATE) that's hands down the most bizarre movie I've ever seen.
    It's directed by Chang Cheh (5 Deadly Venoms, Crippled Avengers, Super Ninjas) and stars pretty much everyone under contract with the studio at the time - including Alexander Fu Sheng, all of the Venoms, Li Yi-Min, David Chiang, Wang Lung Wei, etc.
    There's just no point in trying to explain the story. It starts off in Heaven, moves to present day Earth for the middle of the film, then finishes up in Hell with the Venoms trying to fight their way out of hades.
    There's kung fu, 60's Batman-style musical numbers, psychadelic drug use, the works.
    Trust me, you'll have a blast watching it. Although some prior Shaw knowledge would certainly increase one's enjoyment no doubt.
    But I'd strongly suggest you wait until early next year when Image will release it in the states on a Region 1 disc with an all important old school ENGLISH DUB. Believe me, the dub makes this film that much better.

Exactly my cup of tea

How did you like "The Battle Wizard" and "The Web of Death" ?

• I got a french dubbed ninja movie with funky stuff and it also has Jonzun Crew and Planet Patrol. The right music to ninja to

....... I downloaded them all but had no time yet to watch anything.

this is the same for me....I still have "the black gestapo" waitin for me

anyway thanks for the suggestions !

• "Bruce Li VS Supermen"

• spcspc 534 Posts
    "Bruce Li VS Supermen"

http://www.geocities.com/many_bruces/reviews/blas.htm

"...Dr. Ting's secret formula that can make food from oil..."

All regions NTSC

Says English...

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.535706/qx/details.htm

• spcspc 534 Posts
    "Bruce Li VS Supermen"

http://www.geocities.com/many_bruces/reviews/blas.htm

"...Dr. Ting's secret formula that can make food from oil..."

"...Hiring Superman isn't cheap though, his fee is $100,000 cash, 10 nice girls, and a truck full of booze."

On a side note:

I'll be looking forward to picking up the Rarescope DVD's

• BOOTLEG!! Don't truss it!!!
    What they did was take the video from the legit Chinese language DVD and synch it up with the English audio from a 20th generation dupe of an old North African VHS.
    Trust me, just wait a couple more months for the real Mcdeal.
    The company putting the legit Shaw discs out in the states (Image) is taking a big gamble since the market has been flooded with bootlegs for years.
    We gotta support them if we ever hope to see any of the 700+ flicks in the Shaw library here in the states.

• How did you like "The Battle Wizard" and "The Web of Death" ?

I loved Battle Wizard. Lin Chien Chi (SP?) is sexy as fuck. Oh, and she plays a chick in Heaven and Hell who winds up in Hell after getting slipped a mickey at a party and jumps out the window to her death.

Also cool to see an early Danny Lee, years before The Killer.
    (oh, speaking of Bruceploitation, did you ever peep "Bruce Lee & I" with Danny Lee as Bruce?)

I haven't sat down to watch Web of Death yet, but it looks pretty fun.
    Crazy spiders and shit.

BOOTLEG!! Don't truss it!!!
    What they did was take the video from the legit Chinese language DVD and synch it up with the English audio from a 20th generation dupe of an old North African VHS.
    Trust me, just wait a couple more months for the real Mcdeal.
    The company putting the legit Shaw discs out in the states (Image) is taking a big gamble since the market has been flooded with bootlegs for years.
    We gotta support them if we ever hope to see any of the 700+ flicks in the Shaw library here in the states.

I don't mind a bootleg... It was the only way to get a huge % of flicks through the 80's & 90's.

But I'll pay for the better version. Nothing is worse than getting a shifty/shitty dub over.

• I don't mind a bootleg... It was the only way to get a huge % of flicks through the 80's & 90's.

But I'll pay for the better version. Nothing is worse than getting a shifty/shitty dub over.

Oh, trust me. I made my living for YEARS selling bootleg kung fu flicks via mail order and on the streets.
    But I've since seen the errors of my ways
    No doubt, the bootleg game is what kept the fandom alive all these years.
    That's a fact that'll never be lost on me.
    But now I want to finally see my precious Shaw Brothers gems released on disc here.
    It's really all I ask for before I die.
    And all those boots do now is serve to undermine the efforts of legit companies brave enough to take a chance here in the states.

Alright, sorry for the sanctimonious rant.

Just say no.

• spcspc 534 Posts

I loved Battle Wizard. Lin Chien Chi (SP?) is sexy as fuck. Oh, and she plays a chick in Heaven and Hell who winds up in Hell after getting slipped a mickey at a party and jumps out the window to her death.

(oh, speaking of Bruceploitation, did you ever peep "Bruce Lee & I" with Danny Lee as Bruce?)

Not yet, is it good (meaning bad meaning good meaning b-movie with ripped funky music)?

Did you see "Bruce Li VS Supermen"? If yes, can you tell me something about the music? I'm almost sure, that Bob James, Kraftwerk and Passport in the movie are the work of someone who was affiliated with dubbing the german version, two german bands in a hong kong movie sounds to strange to me.

Oh, trust me. I made my living for YEARS selling bootleg kung fu flicks via mail order and on the streets.

HA! Wicked 6th Ave steez??? Can I send you back a few fucked up ones I've bought over the years!

:kidding:

But I understand ur thoughts. I would love nothing more than for a company to do for Shaw Bros/HK Flicks what Criterion did for Japanese films.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

But I've since seen the errors of my ways
    No doubt, the bootleg game is what kept the fandom alive all these years.
    That's a fact that'll never be lost on me.
    But now I want to finally see my precious Shaw Brothers gems released on disc here.
    It's really all I ask for before I die.
    And all those boots do now is serve to undermine the efforts of legit companies brave enough to take a chance here in the states.

Alright, sorry for the sanctimonious rant.

Just say no.

Real talk Paul. Remember how much money we used to make selling bootleg kung-fu movies on video? I must have made a couple thousand just of "Five Deadly Venoms!" Selling Shaw Bros. bootlegs in the early 90s was like printing money! All those movies kept a lot of food on the table the whole time I was in college. I will support all the legit Shaw DVDs for sure. It is incredible that some of these movies are FINALLY coming out on DVD. Judgment of an Assassin was dope.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I copped some bootlegs today in fact on the 1$ VHS tip.

5 Deadly Venoms (this is actually legit looking?)
    Dirty Ho
    One Armed Swordsman
    Shaolin Drunken Monk
    18 Bronzemen 2 (I'm pretty sure this is the follow to 18 Jade Arhats, but it looks like its not Shaw bro's??)

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

18 Bronzemen 2 (I'm pretty sure this is the follow to 18 Jade Arhats, but it looks like its not Shaw bro's??)

"18 Bronzemen 2" is the sequel to "18 Bronzemen." Both are independents and not Shaw Brothers films.

• spcspc 534 Posts

Not yet, is it good (meaning bad meaning good meaning b-movie with ripped funky music)?

Did you see "Bruce Li VS Supermen"? If yes, can you tell me something about the music? I'm almost sure, that Bob James, Kraftwerk and Passport in the movie are the work of someone who was affiliated with dubbing the german version, two german bands in a hong kong movie sounds to strange to me.

Perhaps anyone else can confirm the soundtrack thing for me?

• -

• NutsNuts 44 Posts
    I just saw "Ninja in a dragons den", and they used parts of the barbarella OST. Pretty funny, since the movie is from the early 80's.
    Dobermancop has a pretty funky score too. Was the soundtrack ever officially released?
    Both of these are Japanese tho.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    I just saw "Ninja in a dragons den", and they used parts of the barbarella OST. Pretty funny, since the movie is from the early 80's.
    Dobermancop has a pretty funky score too. Was the soundtrack ever officially released?
    Both of these are Japanese tho.

That's a real dope movie. I didn't notice anything from Barbarella, I got to watch that again sometimes. Wasn't there also another title for the movie, something with butterlies or something?

• spcspc 534 Posts

Anyone???