Any Skype Users?

street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
I'm thinking about taking a test run. Maybe use it for talking to record buyers. Anyone try this? http://www.skype.com

Comments

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    I use the free version to play geek games with friends. Its pretty good, you just add your friends who are signed up & it just works like msn messenger really except u can phone em. It can be a bit laggy sometimes but ive had a three way conversion to the states from the uk without any problems.

• sleepsleep 54 Posts
    yea. ok for scratching. better than paltalk? hmm.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Been using this for a year or two. It's good and saved me literally ??100s in phone bills. Course, you need other people to be on Skype too otherwise it's kind of lonely.

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    use it weekly - its great, convenient etc, but not without its problems.

- bandwidth is limited by the lowest common denominator - ie, slowest user "dumbs down" the bandwidth to their through-put.

- sound aint that hot, sometimes.

- updates come out like every minute, so there are often version issues - ie you have the latest, but your friend doesn't - this may cause problems.

- also, frequently have to re-start conference calls because of user-end problems. one of us (usually group of 4) will have a problem, and we often all need to disconnect and reconnect.

all this aside, still a solid, cheap tool

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I use it to talk with the family but the girlfriend is not a fan.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    use it to talk to senegal fam. But its attracting a lot of corporate attention. buy out imminenent...payment i hope not

• Options
    But its attracting a lot of corporate attention. buy out imminenent...payment i hope not

Ebay bought them months ago.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I use it.

• I use it.

Maybe I'll holla at you for a test.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    baptm2n

• Nice, added. I'll ring you soon.

I need this because I keep going over my minutes each month like 40 bucks, usually because I can't get my step-dad off the damn phone. He has to tell me everything like five times. If he wants to talk to me he'll have to Skype it.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Yo, I got your call, Taza. Did you hear my voice? I didn't hear yours.