early in tha week digs

13»

Comments

• This is what I bought today. Would have posted it earlier, but I had to make sure I posted them at Stones Throw first:

RICK ROCK PRESENTS: FEDERATION "THE ALBUM"

BEANIE SIGEL - THE REASON

BEANIE SIGEL - THE B. COMING

BEANIE SIGEL - WANTED (ON THE RUN) 12"

CAM'RON PRESENTS THE DIPLOMATS - DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY 2xLP

TURF TALK - IT'S AH SLUMPER 12"

FEDERATION - HYPHY 12"

FEDERATION - GO DUMB 12"

ALL NEW, ALL FOR $30.00 BITCHES!

so that Sigel LP is hot as people say it is? I am not really the biggest fan of his(i dont hate dude or anything)..and I heard one single off of the lp..and it didnt really strike me as dope..but I am curious if the rest is better?

• Picked up this record, VSS - Nervous Circuits, on the way home from the computer lab. I traded this away a few years ago to a friend for a Crom Tech LP I never listen to. I don't know why I did that. This record is so good. RDonkeys, where you at? This is my shit

I'm a big fan of the VSS and the label GSL that their album 21:51 is on. I picked the album above up last year in San Diego and it's solid. Have you heard Pleasure Forever? Sadly, they recently broke up, but when I saw them open for Dead Low Tide, they were fucking amazing, one of the best live shows I've seen in a minute. One of two of the guys from VSS is in it. Check their self-titled album if you haven't already.

-Somehow missed the previous comment on Pleasure Forever. Gay name maybe, but still, I really dig the album...

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    RICK ROCK PRESENTS: FEDERATION "THE ALBUM"

is your copy dirty? i've only seen clean versions...

It is clean, which is lame. It says the album is "in stores 10/05." I'm wondering why the promos were released so early if the album isn't coming out until next November.

As for The B. Coming, I think it's good, but I would have enjoyed it a lot more if it had come out last fall. The weather is starting to get nicer and this album just doesn't feel like spring.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Andrew White Quartet- live at the new thing
    Composers Workshop Ensemble- on strata east
    Jeremy Steig- wayfaring stranger- on blue note
    Robbie Basho- the falconers arm 1- on takoma
    Milt Jackson- olinga- on CTI
    Neal Creque & the hands of time- on muse
    Don Patterson-the bossmen- on prestige