Faux_Rillz: Groupie Cheerleadin'

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Bun B total sales to date: 215,040 Danger Doom total sales to date: 50,976
dude just PM'd me again with the sales of Bun B's ablum. I guess it makes him feel good or part of the "movement" or something to prance around with the sales figures of Bun B's album (reminds me of them gymastic chicks that dance around with that long,bright,red, string). The fact that Smug_Regatta is doing research is kinda . Did you get a UGK decoder ring yet? How many more hours of community service do you have left?

Comments

• edubedub 715 Posts
    best 1627th post evar!

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Allow me to be a Faux_Rillz Groupie Cheerleader right quick and point out that D****l was simply refering to the following with those numbers:

Bun B= Highly Irrelevant.

I see/hear more about that turd-burger "danger doom".

This has a lot more to do with the circles you move in than it does with the overall number of people talking about either album.

Pretty thorough sonning as far as I'm concerned and I'm guessing he simply didn't want you to NOT realize you got sonn-deded.

-e

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Allow me to be a Faux_Rillz Groupie Cheerleader right quick and point out that D****l was simply refering to the following with those numbers:

This has a lot more to do with the circles you move in than it does with the overall number of people talking about either album.

Pretty thorough sonning as far as I'm concerned and I'm guessing he simply didn't want you to NOT realize you got sonn-deded.

-e

super-

• Leave dude alone, Moist. He's part of the Bun B street team but he can't be in the streets because of the little kids that taunt him about his choice of Hip Hop lifestyle apparel. The internet is his only option of spreading the gospel that is "that real schitt."

Herm

• Next time you pray to God that you get worked by a cheerleader, be more specific.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    The fact that Smug_Regatta is doing research is kinda .

I check SoundScan every week, you terd.

It prevents from becoming too detached from reality, so I never find myself making bizarre and embarassing pronouncements along the lines of "Danger Doom is more relevant than Bun B"....

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

It prevents from becoming too detached from reality, so I never find myself making bizarre and embarassing pronouncements along the lines of "Danger Doom is more relevant than Bun B"....

I think just good taste and living life would prevent that from happening.

• take this flirting back to the pm's doods...

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    not everyone BUYS[/b] albums

• Allow me to be a Faux_Rillz Groupie Cheerleader right quick and point out that D****l was simply refering to the following with those numbers:

-e

*rolling eyes*

I guess this kinda goes along with my "concern" with said PM's. I don't even care about Dangerdoom to begin with. I own like 1 MF Doom record. I'm probally one of the biggest Dangermouse hatters here.....and I've said Bun B is real clean on the mic

Faux, you on a mission from God or something?

emynd:

i'm glad you're able to "co-sign" this sonning. The internet is serious buisness.

Not that I think this is really a point worth arguing, but SoundScan is a source of a certain type of objective information for those of us that are not just interested in artists that we like but in the popular music landscape as a whole.

The internet is serious buisness.

I think we are all now in agreement.

• The internet is serious buisness.

can i get a birdcall?

• answer my question though:

how many more hours left? and what's up with the ring?

is it like that diplomats medallion Emynd rocks?

I still haven't recieved my "Be" tea cozy/wool hat yet or my Jadakiss Air Force One sneaker phone, what gives?

• The fact that Smug_Regatta is doing research is kinda .

Not that I think this is really a point worth arguing, but SoundScan is a source of a certain type of objective information for those of us that are not just interested in artists that we like but in the popular music landscape as a whole.

Man c'mon soundscan is hardly objective... 5 minutes in the industry and you would undeerstand that soundscan is the most corrupt irrelevent numbering system out there... with that said I am sure that Bun-B would outsell dangerdoom or any more independent record just because they have a bigger marketing budget. However I do find it impressive that Dangerdoom pretty much just off the strength of Adult Swim/Cartoon Network was able to push 50,000 units in this time span...

Man c'mon soundscan is hardly objective... 5 minutes in the industry and you would undeerstand that soundscan is the most corrupt irrelevent numbering system out there...

YOU DARE QUESTION "THE MOVMENT"?

Man c'mon soundscan is hardly objective... 5 minutes in the industry and you would undeerstand that soundscan is the most corrupt irrelevent numbering system out there... with that said I am sure that Bun-B would outsell dangerdoom or any more independent record just because they have a bigger marketing budget. However I do find it impressive that Dangerdoom pretty much just off the strength of Adult Swim/Cartoon Network was able to push 50,000 units in this time span...

Dude, get out of here with that. You don't really think that I believe SoundScan is without flaws do you? But it's still far closer to being objective than Young Phonics' anecdotal reports of what he overhears people chattering about.

And just so you know, while the Bun B album is being distributed by a major, it was released by an independent.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    The internet is serious buisness.

can i get a birdcall?

Birdcall wardie! BRRRRRRRRRR BRRRRRRRRRRR

Dude, get out of here with that. You don't really think that I believe SoundScan is without flaws do you? But it's still far closer to being objective than Young Phonics' anecdotal reports of what he overhears people chattering about.

And just so you know, while the Bun B album is being distributed by a major, it was released by an independent.

With the way that you refer to it and toss aruond the numbers as being what makes an album relevent or not, then yeh, you take it alot more serious than most. It is a gauge, but really because of how easy its manipulated by independents and majors alike it lost and is continueing to lose what weight it had as a reporting method. And yeh Rap-A-Lot is an indie, but they are pretty much being backed by Asylum ie. Atlantic and that's where the marketing dollars come from... So yeh its an indie, but backed by a major with major dollars being thrown at it.

two different games.

• But it's still far closer to being objective than Young Phonics' anecdotal reports of what he overhears people chattering about.

my man:

Is my typing that bad or something? where did I say I was "right"?

just breathe homie, trust me....it'll be all okay.

p.s.

maaaaaaaaaan a post that went from just good old funnin', turned into another message board cat fight [/b]

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

dangerdoom moved 50K on the strength of madvillian and "the grey album."

adult swim was icing on the cake at best.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    But it's still far closer to being objective than Young Phonics' anecdotal reports of what he overhears people chattering about.

my man:

Is my typing that bad or something? where did I say I was "right"?

just breathe homie, trust me....it'll be all okay.

p.s.

maaaaaaaaaan a post that went from just good old funnin', turned into another message board cat fight [/b]

I thought the whole thing was pretty entertaining.

• -

With the way that you refer to it and toss aruond the numbers as being what makes an album relevent or not, then yeh, you take it alot more serious than most. It is a gauge, but really because of how easy its manipulated by independents and majors alike it lost and is continueing to lose what weight it had as a reporting method. And yeh Rap-A-Lot is an indie, but they are pretty much being backed by Asylum ie. Atlantic and that's where the marketing dollars come from... So yeh its an indie, but backed by a major with major dollars being thrown at it.

two different games.

Again, dude, you can gripe about the inaccuracies of SoundScan all day and I won't argue with you, but unless you're trying to suggest that it is so flawed that a difference in sales of 51K vs. 215K can be all be attributed to gaming of the system and that the Dangerdoom album is actually posting the superior numbers, then it's just not meaningful in this discussion. I would be interested in hearing what the alternative non-anecdotal measure of sales that you propose referring to is, though.

And none of your attempts to explain why one would expect the Bun B album to outsell Dangerdoom really have any place in the discussion either, since I don't think anybody but Young Phonics ever had that expectation to begin with.

But honestly I think you're taking what is actually a semi-private joke between me and Young Phonics way too seriously.

• Does this mean he pays to post there?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I have had a request to delete this thread...should I?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    you need a reason to delete a thread?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    salty!

• actually I am not taking it seriously, I am just pointing out the inaccuracies of soundscan and using it as an argument for almost anything doing well. and yeh there can be a huge difference depending on who is running the numbers. Def Jam was caught buyign every copy of a DMX CD in a Virgin Megastore and was fined for it... That was one incident. Take a more enterprising label or artist etc. and they can work the numbers alot better than a label in the spotlight can... just sayin.

• Young_Phonics was caught buying every copy of DANGER DOOM at Amoeba...