Post up a song youre feelin'

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
been some time since we had one of these. I want to know one song that got you melting

heres what gots me feeling mellow after midnight
After All I'm the One Who Loves you...just you wait and see

Comments

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Defunkt - Stranglin' Me With Your Love

I really like these guys. Anyone else listen to them? I think they're still recording. I've only heard and own the first two albums and a 12" from the first album. The lyrics on Stranglin' me are

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Taken from a London radio show, so excuse the little bits before and after, but I love this song.

Rainy night, wet leaves falling-typa background sound, under a soaring vocal. Heartbreak soul, straight up and down.

Byrdie Green - Don't Make It Hurt

• A HREF="http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0OCF6V2G9JDDK39PGWTNR3R5JW"> Madness - It Must Be Love /A>

That damned Levi's commercial that uses the song got it stuck in my head... Didn't even know who it was being that I'm American and grew up in the 80's so most all I know of Madness is "Our House"...and also "Baggy Trousers". "It Must Be Love" is a cool song, and I didn't know it was a Labi Siffre cover.

• Sweet and syrupy group soul by the Intruders, off the "Are Together" lp.

A Devil With An Angel's Smile

• Nancy Dupree- A Woman's Prayer

This is a great spoken word LP, but on 'A Woman's Prayer she sings and accompanies herself on piano for a slow beautiful meditation. to me it is truly

Naturally this sound file sounds like crap compared to actual vinyl, but you'll get the idea. i guess when you click on the link, you have to click on the thingy that says 'play'

• Defunkt - Stranglin' Me With Your Love

I really like these guys. Anyone else listen to them? I think they're still recording. I've only heard and own the first two albums and a 12" from the first album. The lyrics on Stranglin' me are

I'm down with Defunkt... I've got a pretty raw live version of this track I'll have to dig out and record to mp3.

I friend of mine was telling me some crazy stories about Defunkt once. Here's an extract from her email

"My bro was their sound engineer on a mad European tour once, that took them from Scandinavia to Italy and back again in a matter of days and that also saw all the tour money being nicked in Naples and the tour bus being stuck in a narrow street in south France, while the female singer dislocated her knee on stage during one gig and my bro ran onto stage to bung it back in place as though it was a faulty microphone stand (at the end of the gig she was carted off to hospital). I think everyone was quite burned out in the end of it all."

• Options
    Black Up - KArl Bryan, Count Ossie, and Jackie Mittoo

It's sad that I can walk by St Lawrence Market on Saturday and see Karl playing this tune with his hat out.

K.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The Skatalites - Sealing Dub

I think there has never been a time when I haven't felt this cut.

• Options
    that track is a funked up rendition of this

K in Canada.

that track is a funked up rendition of this

K in Canada.

Word.

I have that one too (altho just on mp3 ).

I like The Skatalites a lot. But then again, who doesn't?

• Options
    The best press/mixes of that LP are a Canadian only one with their pictures on the front - an almost impossible LP to find (i'll see if ever took a picture of mine - my camera's fucking up right now). It's not indicative of the majority of their catalogue - though def a showcase of their skill (most hadn't played with each other in 8 years! before they laid this down).

K.

(most hadn't played with each other in 8 years! before they laid this down).

I guess when some people get in sync they just never go out.

Thanks for the knowledge, K.

anybody up for some welfare cadillac?

• Ahora Mazda - "Oranje Vrijstaat"

Incredible Dutch prog psych...

i heard this song about 9 yrs ago, and it's still in my top 5 favorite... i hope you like it too.
    samfie man - the pioneers

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    For the Jazz Heads...

Alice in WelfareLand
    http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=35NYG0X5BZWHJ2U5CSQ4JAP65K

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    For the Jazz Heads...

Alice in WelfareLand

the beautiful girl at my work - think a cross between audrey hepburn, jessica alba, and judy jetson - asked in a snobby tone "what is this, the theme to some cheesy 70's cop tv show?"

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    For the Jazz Heads...

Alice in WelfareLand

the beautiful girl at my work - think a cross between audrey hepburn, jessica alba, and judy jetson - asked in a snobby tone "what is this, the theme to some cheesy 70's cop tv show?"
    I'm downloading it based soley on that description.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    For the Jazz Heads...

Alice in WelfareLand

Awesome.

P.S. upload a photo of said colleague IMMEDIATELY

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    German Jazz at its best (funky too) - viraphone, bass, electric piano, flute, drums

Wolfgang Plus 2

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    leroy hutson - never know what you can do - http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3EY98D1CPEPNZ1NSKCRFMGNFLP
    devin the dude - it's a shame - http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1WDGAVISPNTU20TO42FPWMBMRP

also worth mentioning...
    ?mark and the mysterians - 96 tears
    brand nubian - word is bond
    graham nash - i used to be a king
    javier - indecent proposal
    El Cerrito High School Jazz Pop Ensemble - celebrate

• German Jazz at its best (funky too) - viraphone, bass, electric piano, flute, drums

Wolfgang Plus 2

Damn Gropey Grope, I thought you were coming to the table full guns a blazing...
    but ya had to throw a 64k MP3 in the mix.. Ha ha... I got your number.
    And keeping the name of it a secret... Hmmn!

I can't hear the funk though, more like that 'smooth jazz' style, eh?
    Ya still a top bloke.

Try this, I'm feeling like doing some mad toprocking today & this tune will get me down to do it.
    Not exactly raer, just one mind blowing track in the hands of the right dj.

192kbps/10MBs/7mins

THE NEW BIRTH - Got to Get A Knutt[/b]

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I've had a shit morning and loud nasty funk is what I'm feeling right now...

Chubukos - House of the Rising Funk

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    German Jazz at its best (funky too) - viraphone, bass, electric piano, flute, drums

Wolfgang Plus 2

Damn Gropey Grope, I thought you were coming to the table full guns a blazing...
    but ya had to throw a 64k MP3 in the mix.. Ha ha... I got your number.
    And keeping the name of it a secret... Hmmn!

I can't hear the funk though, more like that 'smooth jazz' style, eh?
    Ya still a top bloke.

stop it, please. i know you australian guys have a very special kind of humor, but i can't keep up with yours.

my sound card is broke. i'm glad i could record this. at the moment, my line-out works as line-in. Really weird. and i don't have such a speedy internet connection. please excuse the low quality of my mp3, bloke.

i just don't call my files after musicians and song titles. My records are not standing near my computer... I don't know that tune's name. Musician is called Wolfgang Lauth, chump.

your tune sucks tough. Really bad music. hahahahaha, i can be funny too. You're a top bloke, "mate"... haha

• spcspc 534 Posts

One for the modern heads

The Trumains - Ripe for pickin'

Niiiiiiiiiiiice!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Wolfgang Plus 2

but ya had to throw a 64k MP3 in the mix..

64.06 kbits/s

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    The Skatalites - Sealing Dub

I think there has never been a time when I haven't felt this cut.

just enjoying this lovely piece of Swedish jazz, Can't remember what its called and my records are in such a mess, i'll dig it out later if anybody is interested. Anyway here it is..

http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=25UFCG41O37G61RB701KGXJH2E

• stop it, please. i know you australian guys have a very special kind of humor[/b], but i can't keep up with yours.

Now now, no need to take the piss. It's not a race.
    Yeah, I know we are a bit straightfoward sometimes. Might come across as blunt, no harm meant Gropey.

This track is for you... I'm serious, no kidding around. More Smooth Jazz.

Title track from the CTI album. Crawl Space'. Jeremy Steig, Dave Grusin, Steve Gadd, Eric Gale, Will Lee & George Mratz. 1977.

192kbps/12MBs/ripped from original vinyl.
    ART FARMER - Crawlspace[/b]

Bonus tune.
    From the soundtrack of "Forever Free, Forever Young".
    This & 'The Chase' (which isn't as dynamic as it sounds) are the only 2 beat driven funk tracks on the album. Common, but this less than 2 min track is cool.

192kbps/2.5MBs/ripped from original vinyl
    LEE HOLDRIDGE - Harlem Montage[/b]