Yo!

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Ho Ho hooooooo a Pirate's life for me. Late night Disneyland Anaheim appreciation post.werd.

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    bring shrooms

• that's soooooo Grad Night.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Class of 98

Splash Mountain was next level that night

Richard Blade flashack 80's in adventure land

• Class of '95...Got a dryhump on Splash Mountain. Smoked herb and sang along like the world was ending in Pirates of the Carribean..ahh life was simpler.

Yo but who remembers that joint that would shrink you where Star Tours used to be?
    How about the first time you saw Captain Eo? The people-mover or the penny arcade? Disneyland is that realness.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    It's been a long since I went to Disney Land. All I can remember is some scary house, that roller coaster that was in space, and looooooooooooooooong line-ups.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Yo but who remembers that joint that would shrink you where Star Tours used to be?

Oh shit that was real? I swore I had just dreamed that shit, thing looked like a reverse pink cornocopia or something right?

Damn you just vindicated like 3 years of my childhood

• Yo but who remembers that joint that would shrink you where Star Tours used to be?

Oh shit that was real? I swore I had just dreamed that shit, thing looked like a reverse pink cornocopia or something right?

Damn you just vindicated like 3 years of my childhood
    yep, that was adventure though inner space. i'm a disneyland nerd. sometimes i lurk on this website
    www.doombuggies.com
    peace, stein. . .

• being in Cali that shit was like 3 times a year it felt like growing up. Some memorable moments:

my homeboy, always the crazy dude in the bunch, says "Yo I'm gonna stop this madness right now" referring to the fat girl chasing the pirate on Pirates of the Carribean and proceeds to jump out of the boat. All of a sudden all the lights go on and the boat stops and God says "Get Back In The Boat! NOW!" He gets back in the boat and the lights turn off and we keep going.

One time a cute Japanese tourist was in front of me at the Food stand in the center of future land. She proceeds to order 11 (!!!11!!!) Vanilla Milkshakes. Then She tries to carry them all away from the counter stacked like 4 high in a few rows. I offer to help but don't really mean it because I don't want to lose my place in line. She takes off kind of fast I guess trying to get back to her table as quick as possible and of course, she drops them all, BLIP!. Her friends all laugh and jump up to take a picture of her covered in vanilla shake and, damn, I see this happening, so I run over and make a muscleman pose in the picture behind her.

One time in the Tiki room this homey was sitting behind me and he was obviously new to the Tiki experience. Packed house, the lights dim and as soon as the first bird speaks he goes (all loud) "What The FUUUUCK??!!" I was dying.

• first grade fieldtrip spitting on folls from the skyway(r.i.p.) got kicked out first thing. had to sit in the school bus for 6hrs while everyone else had disney fun.

when i was about 18 me and a hommy were waaay behind the scenes looking around in frontierland. sheriff rolls us and says "ya'll are under arrest" took us to city hall on main street. his boss just said if you guys want to know whats behind the scenes just ask a cast member and let us go.

seen keenan ivory wayans chillin on mainstreet.
    seen larry king chillin on mainstreet
    seen rob schneider on the matterhorn
    mad celebs chill at d-land.
    peace, stein. . .

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    yo, stein, that doombuggy site is pretty scary.

I havent been to disney land since i was like 5. Ive been to disney World a couple times after that though.

People that are obsessed with disney stuff scare me though. If you ever get the chance, theres a book called deconstructing disney that you might enjoy.

• Ho Ho hooooooo a Pirate's life for me.
    Late night Disneyland Anaheim appreciation post.

werd.

HoLmes...you don't know the half.

Aug 4 2005

Peep the deluxe annual pass/birthday present in my hand. You KNOW I'ma be there as much as possible. We should hook up a Soulstrut Day at Disneyland. Who's down? Thes? Young Einstein? Asprin? Day? Daze has an annual pass, too. I'll pencil him in.

Whatchu know about Hidden Mickeys?

Whatchu know about Club 33?

Whatchu know about Matterhorn hoops?

Whatchu know about the Osmonds break during the Haunted Mansion episode of The Wonderful World Of Disney that starred the band along with a very young Kurt Russel? (Damn I wish they still aired that on the Disney Channel. They'd show it every year around Halloween and I always caught it too late to record it.)

I HEART DISNEYLAND.
    I HEART CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE.
    I HEART DOWNTOWN DISNEY.
    I HEART EPCOT CENTER.
    I HEART ANIMAL KINGDOM.
    I HEART MAGIC KINGDOM.
    I HEART MGM/DISNEY STUDIOS.
    I HEART PLEASURE ISLAND.
    And most importantly...
    I HEART MY EX-GIRLFRIEND/BEST FRIEND WHO GETS ME IN THE LAST 5 FOR FREE!!! (She manages a restaurant in Disneyworld.)

Herm

P.S. The body shrinking ride was called Adventure Through Inner Space.

P.S.2. When I was there with my family in October, we saw about 400 to 500 people broken up into 4 man teams all on some crazy scavenger hunt. They all met on some website and had 2-3 days to find as much as they could on the list. Some of 'em were rockin' little crew shirts and they were on a serious mission. That shit looked pretty fun.

P.S.3. Michael Jackson was 2 boats behind me on Splash Mountain when I was 19. I have the pic to prove it.

• And oh yeah...

Poppin' Taco was in Captain Eo.

• Whatchu know about the Osmonds break during the Haunted Mansion episode of The Wonderful World Of Disney that starred the band along with a very young Kurt Russel? (Damn I wish they still aired that on the Disney Channel. They'd show it every year around Halloween and I always caught it too late to record it.)

OH SHIT!!! THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!

'Cept the part with the break isn't there. Damn!!! I'm on the hunt now...

Herm

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    We should hook up a Soulstrut Day at Disneyland. Who's down?

I could be down

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    We should hook up a Soulstrut Day at Disneyland. Who's down? Thes? Young Einstein? Asprin? Day? Daze has an annual pass, too. I'll pencil him in.

yo! count me in. i've been wanting to go since i moved down here. shit would be dope.

...and scarlet johansson and so on.

• Class of '95...Got a dryhump on Splash Mountain. Smoked herb and sang along like the world was ending in Pirates of the Carribean..ahh life was simpler.

How about the first time you saw Captain Eo? The people-mover or the penny arcade? Disneyland is that realness.

Holy crap. I've been trying to think of the name of the Michael Jackson movie from Epcot for months. I haven't seen it since I was little, and I was asking my friends and random people at work and no one could help.

i guess in fact only

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Ooooh yeah, I've gotten in trouble threre. Me and my dork friend were throwing pennies off that skyline thing trying to hit the little people down below. Some dude stopped us and asked if we thought we were funny and threatened to kick us out.

I jumped out of the 'doom buggie' at the haunted mansion and started walking. God came on and told me to get the fuck back in.

I stook up on the matterhorn and god told me to sit the fuck back down.

At epcot I took some plant on some ride. I reached out while we were going on some boat thing and grabbed it and walked around with it for the rest of the day.

I saw the fat kid from 'Head Of The Class' at magic mountain. I asked for his autograph and he said no. probably because i called him the fat kid from head of the class.

I was a real bastard when I was younger.

• How's the end of the month look for everyone? (I'm serious)

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'm down. Thing is... weekends are a bitch there right? or is it not so bad in winter? do they have the fake snow thing going?

I'd be down to do that shit on a weekday also.

Bring Kenya. He's my new favorite artist.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    I'll be there November 19th (and I have an annual pass - so I'm there whenever). Count me in....

• Whatchu know about Hidden Mickeys?

Whatchu know about Club 33?

Whatchu know about Matterhorn hoops?

knowin about the parked truck in front of indiana jones...hand painted on the door...lookin exactly like...

• GambleGamble 844 Posts

One time in the Tiki room this homey was sitting behind me and he was obviously new to the Tiki experience. Packed house, the lights dim and as soon as the first bird speaks he goes (all loud) "What The FUUUUCK??!!" I was dying.

Yo thats the funniest shit ever.

A soultrut Disney Jump-Off could be on some

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts

werd.

Aug 4 2005

Herm

Dude..... Thanks for calling me to tell you were here...! Sucka!!! I live about 15 minutes from this here happy place......

• werd.

Aug 4 2005

Herm

Dude..... Thanks for calling me to tell you were here...! Sucka!!! I live about 15 minutes from this here happy place......

Damn, sorry Er*c! But it was like a quick little birthday thing. Next time, I swear!

Herm

• Whatchu know about Matterhorn hoops?

• I can NOT believe Nick Diaz didn't serve Diego. Very disappointing.

• HoLmes...you don't know the half.

Aug 4 2005

My boney elbows have been known to force fools into submission.

Herm

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Class of '95...Got a dryhump on Splash Mountain. Smoked herb and sang along like the world was ending in Pirates of the Carribean..ahh life was simpler.

Holy crap. I've been trying to think of the name of the Michael Jackson movie from Epcot for months. I haven't seen it since I was little, and I was asking my friends and random people at work and no one could help.

i guess in fact only

google?

• man, i know mad people that have been to club 33 but nobody that can get me in. if anyone has a hoop up lemme know please. peace, stein. . .

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Pirates of the Carribean and proceeds to jump out of the boat. All of a sudden all the lights go on and the boat stops and God says "Get Back In The Boat! NOW!"

yup. I stood up on the boat right before the drop, and got a similar response.

I also had fun throwing gum at the ghosts that would pop up on Haunted Mansion.