Peoples on SS who's musical tastes mirror yours

2»

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    half the time I want to say something about rap on, faux_rillz has already said it.

• half the time I want to say something about rap on, faux_rillz has already dismissed it.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    hmmm... the album upload thread made me realize hwo different my tastes are from most strutters. As much as i appreciated the albums i DLed, none of them really HIT me, aside from a song or two on Air, the James Tatum, Some of the Placebo, and bits of Francis Lai. Oh and the Verocai album is like the hottest shit ever.

FOr the most part though, im REALLY on some euro-library-epic-dark shit. The whole generic Funk/Soul thing leaves me a little dry these days. I mean, don tget me wrong, there is funk in everything i do/listen to, but i much prefer weird synths over an orchestra with congabreakbeatfast and wordless choir action then some "say Ugnh! Gimme some of that funk!" type stuff. The same old chord progressions and aimless riffing is getting a little stale, IMO.

Hm, that sound a bit like I would define part of my taste

+ selected hiphop stuff

+ electro funk

+ house

+ brokenbeat

+ selected soundtracks

+ ...

• Funky16

indeed - much respect.

Many thanks. I think Pickwick33 and myself could have some very long, interesting conversations about music. Whenever he posts I'm like "Hey! I dig that too."
    That said, I am ALWAYS coming up on stuff that's new to me, either by osmosis, or direct contact with Strutters. The combined depth of musical knowledge her is NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH....

• Do you guys like Mos Def and Kweli?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Many thanks. I think Pickwick33 and myself could have some very long, interesting conversations about music.

For me the same could be said about F16, SoulonIce,Fatback,NevilleC,P-Rotation,RossHog,Shingaling,theHookUp,MsDamn,SonicReducer,Thirdstream,Paychex,RapeDonk,BigStax,Drewn,SecretChimp and many more. I don't think I have a consistent 'aesthetic' when it comes to music, so no one one here mirrors my tastes. There is always something I love that others hate. I am used to it.

Guys like Noz and Faux, while I am sure much of the rap I might listen to on the radio may not move them, I respect their depth in the field and tend to agree with their view of Rap's 'Big Picture' and 'State of the Art' arguments(or anti-arguments). Though much of the time I have never heard of many of the artists they mention.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

NY Hip-hop: Faux_Rillz

...and I don't even like new york hip-hop!

from what I gather... I'd say aleit, paychuck, faux, indiana45s, drewn.

and probably just as many fany lurkers...

I'm gonna have to go with nobody.

• NY Hip-hop: Faux_Rillz

EXACTLY!

And a massive apology/shout out to PeacefulRotations, who's Cali hip-hop knowledge is 2 HOARD.

EXACTLY!

And a massive apology/shout out to PeacefulRotations, who's Cali hip-hop knowledge is 2 HOARD.

PRo ain't up on this yay area. He wasn't puttin in work at the Bay Area Rap Summit! lol Rick Rock went on a tirade about all the bay producers biting his sound and JT talked about pimping Game's ass among other things. There was a couple of fights but no gunshots luckily.

BTW I don't really think anybody on here likes the shit I like (kufi rap to gangster).

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I'm gonna have to go with nobody.

EXACTLY!

PRo ain't up on this yay area. He wasn't puttin in work at the Bay Area Rap Summit! lol Rick Rock went on a tirade about all the bay producers biting his sound and JT talked about pimping Game's ass among other things. There was a couple of fights but no gunshots luckily.

BTW I don't really think anybody on here likes the shit I like (kufi rap to gangster).

hehe hehe

yeah, a couple of my homies went to enter the "battle frontline" mc thing...I guess LEft and them weren't down to do it when it came time? Then they were told if they wanted to jump up and shine they would have to fade $300 each...damn!

EXACTLY!

hehe hehe

yeah, a couple of my homies went to enter the "battle frontline" mc thing...I guess LEft and them weren't down to do it when it came time? Then they were told if they wanted to jump up and shine they would have to fade $300 each...damn!

The sound system sounded like a rec center or some shit. I guess they were charging 60 bucks to get in. Was actually a lot of people there though. I was suprised. I must have missed the "battle frontline" part, that would have been entertainment.

Awall, Rape_Donkeys & dCastillo - go closest to mine, altho not so far as being complete mirrors.

I generally like spacy and/or beautiful and/or sad and/or soulful and/or hard shit.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

Primarily, but not linited to, hose who have a 45 addiction like myself.

• Primarily, but not linited to, hose who have a 45 addiction like myself.

That includes me then.

I'd have to mention quite a few people to be complete but I'm too lazy to think hard right now (at work). I'll settle for mentioning $itka$pruce for being the baller that always gets the records I want lately.