Peoples on SS who's musical tastes mirror yours

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Every talk I've had with Drewn, 99 Problems, and JKriss makes me feel like they are stealing my soul

Morocco Mole is a skinny indie whiteboy loser just like me (K Records WHAT!)

whats dudes on here do you pay attention to when they speak on their favorite music/ albums?

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Supergood is your doppelganger hommie.

• whats dudes on here do you pay attention to when they speak on their favorite music/ albums?

aschrock aka handcorkscrew aka son of a nobel prize winner.

• the mack too. that guy seriously has good taste in music.

oh yeah and souifriere even though most of the records he flosses i will never ever own.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    hmmm... the album upload thread made me realize hwo different my tastes are from most strutters. As much as i appreciated the albums i DLed, none of them really HIT me, aside from a song or two on Air, the James Tatum, Some of the Placebo, and bits of Francis Lai. Oh and the Verocai album is like the hottest shit ever.

FOr the most part though, im REALLY on some euro-library-epic-dark shit. The whole generic Funk/Soul thing leaves me a little dry these days. I mean, don tget me wrong, there is funk in everything i do/listen to, but i much prefer weird synths over an orchestra with congabreakbeatfast and wordless choir action then some "say Ugnh! Gimme some of that funk!" type stuff. The same old chord progressions and aimless riffing is getting a little stale, IMO.

With that being said though, I think DJ Day has impeccable taste aswell as skills on the beat tip. If Thes Ones Marriage mixtape is any indication, dude likes shit directly up my alley. Beyond that, hes on the pumpin ass beats front too.

ALot of the so called "grails" that people are selling their testes for are pretty EH to me. I guess im going off on a pointless tangent.

• Every talk I've had with Drewn, Guzzo, and JKriss makes me feel like they are stealing my soul

• dude likes shit directly up my alley. Beyond that, hes on the pumpin ass
    AYO

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Supergood is your doppelganger hommie.

nah, although I like the moder soul it's still not my bread and butter, just some undiscovered shit for my worldofbeatsebaywaxpoeticsdustyfingersUBBreissue mis-educated self to learn and enjoy.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    drewn,mylatency,hcrink,davesrecords,AP,beardedD,robsevier,ashrock etc etc.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    dan90210 is like me with a WAY better record collection.

morecocko Mole - his recommendations to me have always been 100% uber.

Peaceful Rotation - excellent taste & dude likes classical music too! He's like a hot girl that reads!

theHookup - I pretty much always agree with him on music.

AP - thee master. dood has skooled me on some insane stuff.

Noz - aside from the Nu-Metal & hip-hop we have tons in common.

yes, and

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    good post, i was jus thinkin this same ish. id def have to say drewn, guzzo and looks like moroccomole too. Also, even tho i dont neccasarily mirror his tastes, whenevr pickwick33 is talkin soul, im listenin.

• Options
    the mack too. that guy seriously has good taste in music.

oh yeah and souifriere even though most of the records he flosses i will never ever own.

You didn't get the will in the mail, yet? For me it would probably be Rap79 (Ra*ael), MIssBassie, MikeFreedomRock, JP, Paul E Styrene and newcomer Francis who I see eye-to-eye with (in varying respects) with a sweet soul soft spot for Drew and Justin.

K in Canada.

• RapeDonkeys

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Guzzo, Morocco Mole, Day, and more...

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i'd say morocco, bearded, guzzo on somethings, drew, and me and sketch seem so have VERY similar tastes in music.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    oh and Hcrink and Davesrecords real cunimondo heads know the deal

• Sweet: Drewn & Jinx
    Reggae: Soufriere & Aleit
    NY Hip-hop: UMAD, Batmon, MikeFreedomRock, Faux_Rillz
    CA Hip-Hop: Noz, Archaic (noblowedthough)
    Jazz: UMAD
    New hip-hop: Rape_Donkeys

• LAtin: JYoder (Indiana45s) and Deepstank

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    rap: emynd, paychecks, scott, p-ro
    soul: it looks like we all agree that drewn has impeccible taste
    weird shit: hcrink, aschrock
    nu metal: faux_rillz, rape donkeys

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

whats dudes on here do you pay attention to when they speak on their favorite music/ albums?

When it comes to the soul (modern) and boogie: Guzzo, DJ Ferrari, DJ Arcadian, and danceonamerica.

SG

• I run into a lot of the same goodies as Davesrecords, Bambouche, natebizzo, m_dejean and Danno3000. Soufriere & aleit have just generally good taste! Noz, rob sevier & I all share a similar past/taste in/with electronic music.

But I gotta say two guys who read here sometimes but don't post are my geek buddies dave and chris. Seriously every time one of us mentions an LP they think is a "secret" one of the other two knows it. It's a little out of control.

• But I gotta say two guys who read here sometimes but don't post are my geek buddies dave and chris. Seriously every time one of us mentions an LP they think is a "secret" one of the other two knows it. It's a little out of control.

that's how i feel when talking to you about records.

• Peaceful Rotation - excellent taste & dude likes classical music too! He's like a hot girl that reads![/b]

I'm seriously considering buying p.ro a title.

• peacefulrotation, noz, day, aser (some of the time , and aschrock

• Options
    Soufriere & aleit have just generally good taste!

What are you talking about (I like 45's )?

K.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Drewn, Shingaling, Birdman, Funky16 & Miss B all seem to celebrate many of the same catalogs as I do, and we have directly discussed and/or traded records.

Too many on here to mention have exposed me to things I had never heard of, but liked.

I tend to side with the "grumpy old men" in the Battles of tha Rap Eras.

Funky16

indeed - much respect.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    i think the only dude on here who really have similiar taste to me is ako. i have also noticed i dislike the same stuff as dubious, but i doubt we actually like the same shit. its always a pleasure to read his rants tho.

and people i havent talked to so this is purely based on their posts, i believe these have great taste that somehow reflects mine: djr, blighty, we_eat_trains, beaver, natebizzo and breakself.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    FOr the most part though, im REALLY on some euro-library-epic-dark shit. The whole generic Funk/Soul thing leaves me a little dry these days. I mean, don tget me wrong, there is funk in everything i do/listen to, but i much prefer weird synths over an orchestra with congabreakbeatfast and wordless choir action then some "say Ugnh! Gimme some of that funk!" type stuff. The same old chord progressions and aimless riffing is getting a little stale, IMO.

this sounds like a mirror of my favourite stuff. theres very few library records i do like, but when i do like em - i like em alot! i dont hatt on the funk tho.