Challenge to Beatmakers

PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
My Smooth Jazz post got me thinking. Do you think it's possible to make dope beats from this!! Image hosted by Photobucket.comOr any other Kenny G record for that matter? I'd like to see what some of you producers can flip using only Kenny G records. Post them up. This should be interesting.

Comments

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    i wanna try, i love doing stuff like that. but i dont have that record, post up some 320 kbps mp3 plaese and ill kill that shyt.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Haha well man I would if I could but I'm sure you can track one down-any Kenny G record qualifies so do what you gotta. Damn I want to see what you come up with

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    why dont we find one track, and have everyone flip it how they flip it

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts

Even better. Any suggestions?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Baker Street

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Baker Street? What album is that on?

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts

Baker Street

Ok well how about this. Whoever decides to take on this challenge can pick a song they think they could flip and post up the original Kenny G cut they flipped adn their beat. What do you think?

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    i'll try my best!

not sure if youre aware of this, but we've had two things like this in the past.

heres my contribution to the last one:

only thing that isnt from that record is the cymbals.. the other drums is from that record! not that good but whatever.

i dont have the files left from the leo sayer one... anyone got those? i need to hear soulmans thing again!

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I have no idea, it just seems like a natural choice for Kenny g to cover.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    i'll try my best!

not sure if youre aware of this, but we've had two things like this in the past.

only thing that isnt from that record is the cymbals.. the other drums is from that record! not that good but whatever.

i dont have the files left from the leo sayer one... anyone got those? i need to hear soulmans thing again!

No I was unaware of that. Well let's get it on. I think Kenny G is a good challenge.

• I'm in, last one i did on here was the Nas - Life's a Bitch remix thing...

• Lets do this. I'll post up the first Kenny G track I find on Soulseek to use as a source. Adds a vaguely random element.

• i'll try my best!

Not Found
    The requested URL /beats/devil_mcdoom--whipped_c.r.e.a.m.mp3 was not found on this server.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    i'll try my best!

Beat off! Beat off!!!!! Fuck yeah!!![/b] 'Bout time we had another one of these (although Kenny G's gonna be a challenge, my guess is that you're going to have to look elsewhere for drums)

OK, my packrattedness comes to the rescue:

The Flipped Cream Files (36.56 MB)

Contains Flipped cream entries from: Ako, Izm707, Pacman, Dizzy Bull, Mike, Asprin, McDee, Quay, Mike Ale, , and Terry Clubup

Also included, Grafwritah and Asprin's Leo Sayer Beatoff entries. I wish I had Soulman's, but if my memory serves me correctly he posted this as a Real format and I didn't have the techonolgy at the time to capture and convert said format. If anyone has this plaese to reposte?

• thanks

• Here we go folks:-

Kenny G (feat. Daryl Hall) - Baby Come To Me

Looking forward to hearing the creations... Strictly

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Here we go folks:-

Kenny G (feat. Daryl Hall) - Baby Come To Me

Looking forward to hearing the creations... Strictly

Um. Wow.

*predicts mad filters and plugins will be used*

• waow ... this is my first kenny G listening experience ... hope this was the last

• Um. Wow.

*predicts mad filters and plugins will HAVE TO[/b] be used*

Actually, I just wrapped one up without too many filters. Just a ton of chops.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Actually, I just wrapped one up without too many filters. Just a ton of chops.

Let's check it out.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Yikes. Do I even dare? I'm kinda busy and stuff. but then again....

Here's what I have so far.....I'll work on a hook and other stuff later.

http://members.cox.net/pac0naut/pacman%20-%20baby%20rock%20that%20beat%201.mp3

• Here's what I have so far.....I'll work on a hook and other stuff later.

That's ill. You should hold out till the final mix.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts

That is nice. We got one! What song did you sample from?

Thanks all! I just chopped up the baby come to me that was posted!

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts

Thanks all! I just chopped up the baby come to me that was posted!

MPC?

Computer - soundforge to chop and making waves to sequence.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    I see. Nice so far.

• this is my personal nightmare.