How can I be down?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Miss Bassie's mixtape: Last night 2.

Nice music to begin with the day.

How can I be down?

mix

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I love this record.

When I was doing the radio show with my friend ??? we would put on a longish song, go downstairs, get high and come back to do the rest of the show. My friend didn???t smoke as much I did/had, so everything was a little more intense for him.

One time, I put this record on right after we came back from smoking and he had to leave and regroup because he thought the record was giving him a heart attack

• i listen to the "capital tax" album right now, it??s been over ten years ago that i heard it last time. woah, "the masha" nice one

• Cobra and Phases Group Play Voltage In The Milky Night - Stereolab (for about the millionth time)

• Rawfusion/Jugglin' Records sampler

fuck[/b]

some of this stuff is really good. makes me feel like a talentless loser.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• Animals - I'm Going to Change the World

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Don't cha get mad when I swerve and I twist
    Ridin', ridin' down yo' block I got my charm out the window
    Don't cha get mad when I swerve and I twist
    I ain't braggin' on myself, but I deserve this, miss

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• Soft Machine 1

Gong- Magic Teapot

A Number of Names - Sharivari

Capt. Beefheart - Unconditionally Guaranteed

James White & the Blacks - Off White

• That LP is ill my friend. If you like that, check out ethier Lily & Maria on Columbia, or Daughters of the Albion

• Did you ever hear the other Lps she put out? All of them are hype...

Her collaborator was from that band the Mandrake Memorial...

• tsotso 39 Posts
    Octopus - The river 7"

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    right at this moment:

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

• I'm up late doing coursework (it's 5:30am UK time...) so the soundtrack has been Miss Bassie's really nice mix followed by Phill Most's Coolin' mix, and now i can finally go to bed...

• Milk 12" "spam" f/ adrock...

whose this white boy knockin' at my door?

well my names adrock and I'm a goddamn fool
    don't give a fuck about a golden rule...

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    since i got home:

cosmo/ayers/eleven - mfinremix pt 2 (in the car on the way home)
    ramones - s/t : a-side (at home)

that mix cd is fucking dope. that crooked shit is wack and made me skip through to the next track and ayers did some shit i wasnt feeling but overall it was a headnodder from start to finish. i really hope yall are doing a show when im out there. yall are some amazing djs and producers. im beyond impressed and if i still worked for a trade mag i would of promoted the shit out of you two... and eleven who i dont know.

ramones... shit, i slept on this and ive spoken about it before. amazing... simply one of the best records from start to finish. i love it and ive picked up their other records because of it. i play this every four or five days and fuck the neighborhood up...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Jinx, check out this record, the female equivalent of the Ramones. That and the Donnas s/t.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

i'm listening to the new warrior king "hold the faith" and i like it a whole bunch so far. sounds more solid than the first one (which i like about 2/3 of a lot).

• Undisputed Truth "Ball of Confusion"--going through records for shingalings and I's psych soul night tonight...I havent listened to this in a long time...pretty bangin'...too bad the 45 is so quiet...

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

i'm listening to the new warrior king "hold the faith" and i like it a whole bunch so far. sounds more solid than the first one (which i like about 2/3 of a lot).

well damn, the album completely falls off 2/3 of the way through again. it starts off so fucking strong. i wish he'd make a full album of excellent new roots one of these days.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    My wife yelling at me that i spend too much on records.

Whats up all, First Post.

(and i aint kidding, shes pissed!)