NEVER SCARE A BROTHER

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central

Comments

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    the funniest part is the way he backs away scared after he just wet that dude

• Damn guy got stole quickly! BOOP

• peace, stein. . .

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Wow, remind me NEVER to do the whole dress-up-as-a-scarecrow-and-scare-people-come-halloween trick.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    hahahahaha. funniest part is when he goes back to see if hes alright haha. i woulda been like "peace bitch!"

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    this video was floating around the office last week and had me busting up. Dude got knocked real clean too.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

peace, stein. . .

He was just lucky it wasn't a gun toting Soulstrutter he scared.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

peace, stein. . .

He was just lucky it wasn't a gun toting Soulstrutter he scared.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

black dudes have the quickest reflexes. ouch!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Hey Phill,

One of the administrative assistants at work sent that to me last week. That was hella funny, man!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    This stupid clip doesn't strike anyone as mildly offensive?

"Hey look at the black man and how quick he is to punch this guy!"

Sure it's funny, but that doesn't mean it's not effing ignorant.

I'm kinda confused as to why the two most vocal supporters of "the real schitt" are big uppin' this, too.

-e

• black dudes have the quickest reflexes.

are you the coach from the air force football team?

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

I'm kinda confused as to why the two most vocal supporters of "the real schitt" are big uppin' this, too.

-e

cause its not that deep son.

the guy just HAPPENED to be black. Is there any racial implications if the guy was white?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

-e

I am not offended by this video. Now, yuichi's comment, that's a little different.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

the guy just HAPPENED to be black.

Um, the clip is called "Never_Scare_A_Brother." The implication is that the dude's "blackness" has something to do with him punching the guy. If the video was just called "funny clip," I wouldn't be tripping.

Blah.

-e

Um, the clip is called "Never_Scare_A_Brother." The implication is that the dude's "blackness" is the reason he punched the guy, right?

Blah.

-e

well i believe that tile comes from Phil? (yes/no). So there is a can of worms there.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

Um, the clip is called "Never_Scare_A_Brother." The implication is that the dude's "blackness" is the reason he punched the guy, right?

Blah.

-e

well i believe that tile comes from Phil? (yes/no). So there is a can of worms there.

Sorry, I edited my post slightly while you were responding. My bad. Not intentional.

I don't think it's Phil's titling because I got the clip at work, independent of Phil and it was called "Never_Scare_A_Brother."

Even so, even if it was Phil that named the flick, just because a black dude names it doesn't mean it is or isn't offensive.

-e

• This stupid clip doesn't strike anyone as mildly offensive?

-e

You are mildly offensive for finding that mildly offensive.

-e

You are mildly offensive for finding that mildly offensive.

seriously. what if it was a white dude doing the punching and it was titled "Never scare a redneck" or honkey or whatever?

offensive then?

• On the other hand the 'black dudes have the quickest reflexes' comment was very unnecessary.

On the other hand the 'black dudes have the quickest reflexes' comment was very unnecessary.

yeah.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

seriously. what if it was a white dude doing the punching and it was titled "Never scare a redneck" or honkey or whatever?

Dude, do you really think it's the same thing to make that comparison? It's a completely different power dynamic.

Just like it's completely different for a white guy to call a black dude a "ni**a" and a black dude to call a white guy a "cracker." They are utterly different phenomenon. You just can't make that comparison.

-e

no dude. Im asking, "What are the implications or would you be offended if it was the other way around?"

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I get a little bit too much pleasure out of constantly calling people ???racist???

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I'm offended by scarecrows !!!!
    too much straw and flannel !

by the way the video was funny

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I get a little bit too much pleasure out of constantly calling people ???racist???

Hah! I'm not calling anyone "racist" at this point. It's a funny video. I just think it's irresponsible to circulate videos like this that imply that this dude's blackness is somehow responsible for and/or linked to this reaction.

-e

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Just like it's completely different for a white guy to call a black dude a "ni**a" and a black dude to call a white guy a "cracker." They are utterly different phenomenon. You just can't make that comparison.

Guzzo!

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    no dude. Im asking, "What are the implications or would you be offended if it was the other way around?"

No, I wouldn't be offended if the video was a reference to white folks because there isn't a history of marginalizing the white man by exoticizing his "otherness." But, there IS a history of marginalizing black folks by exoticing his "otherness." In other words, the implication in this video is that this guy's "blackness" is somehow linked to him punching this guy.

And, fact of the matter is, this video would NOT be titled the other way around. It wouldn't make any sense if the video was titled "Don't mess with a honkey." Nobody would even think to title it that. It'd just be "Funny video" or something.

Basically, it's offensive for the same reason that white folks dressing up in black-face is offesnive while black folks dressing up in white-face isn't: history.

-e

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    what if the guy who threw the punch is actually the guy who posted the video's brother?

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I don't care what anyone thinks. That shit just had me crying. I haven't laughed like that in eons. Thank you Phill. It's downright therapeutic right now.