DJ Ayres in SWEDEN, NORWAY DENMARK

ayresayres 1,452 Posts
edited November 2005 in Announcements
Friday, November 11Ayres in Malmo, Sweden The Rumble opening nightBuddha LoungeDj??knegatan 9, 211 35 Malm??Saturday, November 12Ayres in Stockholm, Sweden at "LE" at BernsBerns Club (Basement of Berns Hotel)Berzelii Parkhttp://www.berns.se/english/hotell/index.phpWednesday, November 16 Ayres in Copenhagen, Denmark at Mid Week BrakesGuldbergsgade 8http://www.midweekbrakes.dk/Thursday, November 17 Ayres in Olso, Norway 17, Nov 2005 Klokken:21:00CC:60Sikamikanico, M??llergata 2, Oslowww.sikamikanico.no

Comments

• Bra foer dej, Ayres!

Har du Gyllene Tider - N??r Vi Tv?? Blir En?

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    ayres for president! best gig in a while

although... PA threats

5am chillout time

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    ayres for president! best gig in a while

although... PA threats

5am chillout time

haha wha? elaborations are in order

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    haha. oh man.

Malmo and Stockholm were both really fun. But I've learned that people in Sweden love to request bullshit at the club. I've been kind of immune to this lately at home, I think because most people know what I do. Nevermind that the Swedish promoters brought me over to play Baile Funk, Baltimore Club and Bass and Grime and shit. This crew of dudes from England kept coming over one by one and requesting club bangers at like 12:30 and I kept telling them, I'll get to it later, or I don't have that. Of course I'm going to play all the bangers (I was doing heavy warmup hip-hop at the time - not In The Club, more like Outta Control). But the party goes until 3 and I have to do weird shit too, so I'm not going to blow my load so early.

This dude was getting real funny with me, like why can't you play Lean Back NOW and kept grabbing my arm while i was djing so i pushed him real hard in the chest and said back off, and he got real agro, like I'm waiting for you outside. I told him I would kick his fucking ass if he did and he doesn't want it from me. He was way bigger than me so I would have gotten stomped out but I was on a riser and he was on the floor so he may not have realized I'm not as big. All the while, I need to be mixing out of the record I'm playing.

The scene at Berns is it used to be a big huge club but it got too crazy and they had to shut down the main room - capacity 2000 - and now they have it in a capacity 800 room that used to be like the cooler room in the basement. They try to do it guestlist only, but the cheesy crowd from the upstairs still comes downstairs so the crowd is half cool and half corny.

Anyhow i got on the mic and said something along the lines of "My name is DJ Ayres. I came all the way over here from Brooklyn New York to play music for yall". - the crowd cheers - "Is everybody having a good time?" more cheers "I came here to rock the party, I didn't come over here to play a bunch of bullshit requests, and the next person that puts their hands on me is going to get punched in the fucking face. I don't play that shit." then the crowd really cheeres - i think they thought it was part of the show, or maybe I was talking fast and they didn't understand what I said. It wasn't even a big thing and obviously that dude didn't wait around to fight me.

The party went off, I played Lean Back and all that later on and it was all good. Next is Copenhagen, then Oslo Norway then London. I hope the rest of the parties are as good as the ones in Sweden were.

PS What Planet What Station is a fucking phenomenon. Everywhere I go, that kills it. Good luck topping yourself on that one, Day!

• lol....thats a trip man. I wonder if they understood what you were saying!?

regardless though, thats effing hilarious.

• Holla through PM if you want to meet up while you're in Copenhagen...

Best,

Dress

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    "My name is DJ Ayres. I came all the way over here from Brooklyn New York to play music for yall". - the crowd cheers - "Is everybody having a good time?" more cheers "I came here to rock the party, I didn't come over here to play a bunch of bullshit requests, and the next person that puts their hands on me is going to get punched in the fucking face. I don't play that shit."