Traffic Reissues Lord Finesse LP!

PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Traffic Entertainment strikes again. They reissued Lord Finesse's "Return Of The Funky Man" on double LP pressing. The promo version left off a couple of songs but this version has all. What do you think?? OR

Comments

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Its probably taken from CD, so its like listening to a 12", black CD. Their Electra reissues were from the CD. Very dissapointing. Their production values are , too.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    CD Reissues

• Lord finnesse is one of my favorite mc's of all time!

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Lord Finesse is one of mine too. ood producer as well. He's supposed to have a remix project coming out but who knows when that one wil surface. There is a Japanese remix EP on Soundtable that is floating around but that's about it.

• check out www.lordfinesse.net finesse posts on the forums a lot. It's been slow lately, i'm sure he'd like to talk records or whatever rather then your usual .. "What's your favorite punchline" questions.

Drop by if you can.

I helped with the site too .. sorry for the promotion.

p.s. I think any reissue is good if helps spread music. Don't know how legit it is though.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    check out www.lordfinesse.com finesse posts on the forums a lot. It's been slow lately, i'm sure he'd like to talk records or whatever rather then your usual .. "What's your favorite punchline" questions.

Drop by if you can.

p.s. I think any reissue is good if helps spread music. Don't know how legit it is though.

Do you mean lordfinesse.net?

• check out www.lordfinesse.com finesse posts on the forums a lot. It's been slow lately, i'm sure he'd like to talk records or whatever rather then your usual .. "What's your favorite punchline" questions.

Drop by if you can.

Do you mean lordfinesse.net?

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

Traffic is for all intents and purposes Landspeed resurrected - their Cold Chillin' reissues were legit so pretty sure that the Lord Finesse and Sleeping Bag (T La Rock/Just Ice) are as well... As for outstanding balances owed independent labels distributed through Landspeed, that's another matter altogether...

• mmm most of the time their shit is not legit... and the sound quality is questionable as hell too. Its good if you need it for back ups, but from my experience its never close to the original. And they changed their name to Traffic suppposedly because they were escaing being sued by indies...