Diggin in San Fran

2»

Comments

• dba brown is up the street from groove yard. just go up claremont and it's on your left just before you hit college. ok selection. sometimes he's got heaters but it's hit or miss.

He's gone. Not there anymore. I walked by a few weeks ago and the place was cleaned out. Dudes been there forever. I'm sorry to see him go. I must have just missed him because when I went by all his shelves were dismantled and thrown out in the back for trash pickup. I actually eyeballed it to see if there were records underneath it.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    oooooh... record finders! thats what the store was called?!?! haha, he had some cool records over the years...

the record collector that used to be in the mission and now is on 14th... thats across the street from hush hush and up the street from the wifes homegirl. that store sucks balls! oh well...

i didnt realize that saturn and dba browns was oakland... so confused.

and yeah i bought a whole bunch of shit for $1 a piece at dba three days before closing the doors.

• and yeah i bought a whole bunch of shit for $1 a piece at dba three days before closing the doors.

Did he say why he was closing? Not enough business? Retiring? Honestly, I just never thought to buy from this guy. I think it was because I worked so close to Amoebas in Berkeley and lived closer to Saturn and Groove Yard in Oakland. dba Brown was just that place right in the middle of my work and home.

and yeah i bought a whole bunch of shit for $1 a piece at dba three days before closing the doors.

Did he say why he was closing? Not enough business? Retiring? Honestly, I just never thought to buy from this guy. I think it was because I worked so close to Amoebas in Berkeley and lived closer to Saturn and Groove Yard in Oakland. dba Brown was just that place right in the middle of my work and home.

shit... i think he said he was retiring but my brain is foggy for obvious reasons. i used to not think of that spot or bedrock in san rafael that much but when they were closing i took advantage. bought about 30/40 records at dba and over 100 at bedrock in a two day dig there.

• Groove Merchant

Just don't park in the back!!!

What's wrong with parking in the back? (AYO?) Real Headz Wanna Know Tha Deal.

SG

Is there even parking there? I live around the corner and thought it was just street parking.

Groove Merchant

SG

Is there even parking there? I live around the corner and thought it was just street parking.

there was a super nice record that was released in the 70s from around the block. wonder if your address is the same one? that would be tubular...

okay... im way to high to be writing... and ive been talking to ap too much. i must leave...

enjoy the weekend kids... i have a samich that i must devour...

urrrie

• and if im not mistaken (or maybe i am)... why is it that you new local soulstrut posters never made it to one of my record sales yet? im sad...

new headz don't know the deal. pm the info?

• Groove Merchant

SG

Yep, only street parking...

and if im not mistaken (or maybe i am)... why is it that you new local soulstrut posters never made it to one of my record sales yet? im sad...

ive posted announcements of my record sale every month for the past 3 or 4 months and last month there were 4 of us selling records. ill post again when the next one is...

i think i told jesse the first weekend in december.

so far as i know that wanted to sell records:

Jesse (kid inquisitive)
    Ivan (dj ferrari)
    Ross (hogg)

• and if im not mistaken (or maybe i am)... why is it that you new local soulstrut posters never made it to one of my record sales yet? im sad...

ive posted announcements of my record sale every month for the past 3 or 4 months and last month there were 4 of us selling records. ill post again when the next one is...

Jesse (kid inquisitive)
    Ivan (dj ferrari)
    Ross (hogg)

I think I am probably down to slang. Keep me posted! Got a few crates of them $15-40 type joints that need holmes. Help me pay for grad school!

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    cosign on all the previously mentioned spots. i'd add streetlight records, but their stock's like 80% reissues.

Jesse (kid inquisitive)
    Ivan (dj ferrari)
    Ross (hogg)

PM me the details. I'll be moving to Bay area in the beginning of January.

Jesse (kid inquisitive)
    Ivan (dj ferrari)
    Ross (hogg)

PM me the details. I'll be moving to Bay area in the beginning of January.

Me too. Hope to meet some of you SF dudes then.

• the record collector that used to be in the mission and now is on 14th... thats across the street from hush hush and up the street from the wifes homegirl. that store sucks balls! oh well...

Went by there today since i was around the area. Indeed, a shitty store. A store that size needs it's niche. Either soul/funk, punk/metal, hippie stuff, etc. Lots of way overpriced dollar store stuff.

• 313313 21 Posts
    Thanks to everyone . Off to the Bay.