Diggin in San Fran

313313 21 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Hello , next week i am going out to the bay . can anyone suggest some spots aside from amoeba , record collector, ect. thanks in advance .

Comments

• Jinx74
    Grove Merchant

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Groove Merchant

Just don't park in the back!!!

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Depends if you want to find chgeap records or records at market value. Groove merchant has teh best selection for hose old treats but you're going to pat fair market value for those records. There is a few other shops on Haight and off of haight ST. like Recycled Records, Open Mind, Amoeba SF is a good place. Oakland, go to Saturn records. Groove yard (If they're still around).

• Depends if you want to find chgeap records or records at market value. Groove merchant has teh best selection for hose old treats but you're going to pat fair market value for those records. There is a few other shops on Haight and off of haight ST. like Recycled Records, Open Mind, Amoeba SF is a good place. Oakland, go to Saturn records. Groove yard (If they're still around).

You talking about Groove Yard in Oakland or Grooves Inspiralled Vinyl on Market St. in SF?

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Groove Yard in Oakland

• Groove Yard in Oakland

where is this place? i haven't ventured in east bay record stores yet. perhaps a weekend trip is in order.

• Groove Yard in Oakland

Yeah, he's still there. I need to go to the DMV today and may stop over afterwards.

• Groove Yard in Oakland

where is this place? i haven't ventured in east bay record stores yet. perhaps a weekend trip is in order.

I've said too much already!

• Groove merchant has teh best selection for hose old treats but you're going to pat fair market value for those records. [/b]

FALSE.

Groove Merchant has ill records at fair prices and you will NOT find better record store employees *anywhere.*

And don't forget to hit up Rooky's at 445 Haight, just a few blocks down from Groove Merchant.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    actually its berkeley now... down the street from where dba browns USED to be.

and i didnt know ray named it anything more than Grooves.

and who wrote about the Record Collector? ive never heard of this place... or did you mean the Record Man down in Redwood City or whatever city that shit is in...

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Groove Merchant

Just don't park in the back!!!

What's wrong with parking in the back? (AYO?) Real Headz Wanna Know Tha Deal.

SG

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Groove Yard moved. They are now near a freeway onrap. Couldn't tell you exactly though.

take the 24 off the 580, exit claremont, make a left, drive two blocks, store is on your left.

• record collector. there was something called this right off market on the edge of the castro i think. they had a few el saturns on their wall for a minute there.

and if im not mistaken (or maybe i am)... why is it that you new local soulstrut posters never made it to one of my record sales yet? im sad...

• actually its berkeley now... down the street from where dba browns USED to be.

Don't know what dba browns is but I just called Groove Yard and he's still in Oakland. The Rockridge neighborhood which is often confused for Berkeley. You talking about some other shop perhaps? I'd like to know.

• Groove Yard moved. They are now near a freeway onrap. Couldn't tell you exactly though.

Yeah, I've only ever known it to be there but I've only been shopping their for a year or so. That's the joint.

record collector. there was something called this right off market on the edge of the castro i think. they had a few el saturns on their wall for a minute there.

you mean the gay disco and house spot in the pink bldg on 18th and sanchez? if thats what dude means thats been closed for a while. that garage full of vinyl that PRo posted a while back... that was the stock we got to go through across the street when they were closing.

Groove Yard moved. They are now near a freeway onrap. Couldn't tell you exactly though.

Yeah, I've only ever known it be there but I've only been shopping their for a year or so. That's the joint.

okay oakland... weird though because saturn is in berkeley and its south of groove yard... oh well... what the hell do i know?

and prior to the location you know, it used to be out in the 40s on telegraph. the old Boola Boola records office... or maybe thats more info than anyone needs...

rick is dude. hes selling some nice dj equipment if anyones interested.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    That area is a little funny geograpically speaking. The city lines are defined in a weird way. It's real near to Berkeley but it's in the Rickridge area of Oakland. And Saturn is on College Ave. in the Oakland side so why is it considered Berkeley??

• edubedub 715 Posts
    there's a store in the M*ss*on... isn't that one called Record Collector??

• record collector. there was something called this right off market on the edge of the castro i think. they had a few el saturns on their wall for a minute there.

you mean the gay disco and house spot in the pink bldg on 18th and sanchez? if thats what dude means thats been closed for a while. that garage full of vinyl that PRo posted a while back... that was the stock we got to go through across the street when they were closing.

sounds about the right area but it wasnt that pink joint. besides, they had a buttload of showtunes more than house and disco.

the spot im talking about was above mkt on like 14th or so next door to a laundromat.

• okay oakland... weird though because saturn is in berkeley and its south of groove yard... oh well... what the hell do i know?

Saturn is in Oakland too. Oakland starts around Alcatraz when you're heading towards Oakland from UCB.

• Record Finder: is now called FineDECOR (nice play on woids) and sells froo froo furniture and accessories

• Record Finder: is now called FineDECOR and sells froo froo furniture and accessories

that's what it was. wow. a furniture store now.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    dba brown is up the street from groove yard. just go up claremont and it's on your left just before you hit college. ok selection. sometimes he's got heaters but it's hit or miss.

• actually its berkeley now... down the street from where dba browns USED to be.

and i didnt know ray named it anything more than Grooves.

and who wrote about the Record Collector? ive never heard of this place... or did you mean the Record Man down in Redwood City or whatever city that shit is in...

Jinx, with regards to The Record Collector, you're not missing anything. It's on 14th and I believe Guerrero. I'm completely baffled how a place that wack can stay in business in a city with rents so high. As for Groove Yard, I think that is still Oakland but right near the Berkeley border.

• dba brown is up the street from groove yard. just go up claremont and it's on your left just before you hit college. ok selection. sometimes he's got heaters but it's hit or miss.

R.I.P.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    I think DBA is gone now. What I heard anyway and if you go down they it looks liek it's true.