the last good show you went to..

2»

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Kinski, not spectacular but a fun, rocking good time. Too bad it was like 4 months ago.

• Hank III in asbury park, nj

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Soil & Pimp Sessions[/b] @ Ueda Jazz Festival last autumn.

Although a small venue, they totally ripped the place a new hole to fornicate to. Most excellent. From the looks of their London gig, that sounds as to have been just as banging as well. If I won't get my fix of Soil&Pimp live performance until next summer I will be most disappointed but they are set to tour early next year.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Where can I get that jacket?

• I custom made those for the cover of Raashan and I's "Doin' It" 12". Then mine was stolen right off the stage in Melbourne. That one still hurts to think about..arrgh.

• It's a shame but I rarely go to shows anymore.

I saw The Roots this past summer at Pier 54 in NYC. That was fun.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    The last great show i went to, apart from the Puts show a couple weeks ago, was actually in Ibiza. The Avishai Cohen trio performed at a jazz festival there. They fuckin KILLED SHIT.

The real treat though was watching them set up and test levels a couple hours before the show. The keyboardist, Sam Barsh, led them through some the funkiest Alain-Goraguer-Meets-Head-Hunters type madness ive ever heard. Amazing upright bass from Avishai, Barsh with one hand on the rhodes, the other on an acoustic piano/and or synth, while all the while the drummer is banging out ridiculous braekz.

All with a fantastic view of the buitiful city/beachside, to boot.

I wish i would have been able to record that. The stuff they have on cd is of the more straight-ahead ahead variety, though very good.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    ok, just got back from seeing Bembe Segue do a small pa set..............she's really good live, a very pleasant voice. Check "Mother of the Future" out.

damn dog you saw soil n pimp, me so jearous....

• Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings, last Spring. I had never experienced such an intense show before.

Five Corners Quintet. Amazing musicians play early 60's sounding jazz that you can dance to.

• Coheed & Cambria Nov. 1 at Rocketown in Nashville.

though I didn't get to see much of it cuz it was my show, a huge co-:scion: on BB King. Did the Louisville show a few days after his b'day and only got to see him for like 15 minutes.

• binky griptite and the dee kays - only 10 people showed up but they still played and were fucking sweet

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    DJ champion in the montreal Jazz Fest
    This guy was playing an outside show and killed it all night. Him(turntable/sampler) and his band (4 electric guitars). He orchestrates them into different harmonious riffs that he samples and loops back and then they switch.+ plus adds beats to the whole thing its crazy cause its a rocking instrumental buildup+killer guitar solos. He wrecked it.

• saw The Hold Steady last week and it was ok - been a long time since I've gone to a rock show and was kinda fun....saw Sharon Jones about a month ago and she put on an amazing show but, honestly, I woulda liked to have her open for Binky Griptite's set instead.

• I went to see Jim Dandy and Black Oak Arkansas last friday!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    first show I really wanted to see since Sigur Ros at the Hollywood Bowl
    I saw them and I almost fell asleep. Plus there was no violin or cello or any of that shit. This was a smaller venue though, the bowl should be better.

The guy didn't even talk the entire time. I know he's Icelandic but not even a "Hello"?

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings, this summer in cologne. I had never experienced such an intense show before.

she was killin it. the band was very tight and she got guys and girls on stage to dance with her, took her shoes off and her earings and tought the people about dances like the funky penguin and stuff.
    We chilled a bit outside after the show and this girl came by waering boots with high heels and sharon was like "look at those boots" and starts singin "these boots are made fore walking" and I drop the bassline in acapella...we had a good laugh. . Incredible band. One of my favourite concerts evar...
    Also pretty dope was Queens of the stone age in prague this summer live at Roxy.

• I went to see Jim Dandy and Black Oak Arkansas last friday!

Here's an actual picture of the show I was at.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I went to see Spinal Tap last friday!

Here's an actual picture of the show I was at.