Am I Podcasting? (Help from big dudes, please)

Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
I think I set things up properly on my site, but I'm not sure. I'm not so hip to the new technology. Can someone verify that things are kosher?www.waxingdeep.org under 'radio'.Any advice on how to make this better/get lots of exposure?

Comments

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Get ready people: I just got an insane Brazilian disco/funk/boogie/funk mix from the one and only Adrian Leach. It is going to destroy the internet airwaves during tomorrow's Waxing Deep. I'm listening to it now--so insanely nuts! First meatyogre's huge latin rock mix, and now this? Waxing Deep is in full effect, for sure.

• Sorry, cant' help with the stuff you asked. I've question about the copyrights issues.

Here in Finland, it seems that most of the people are really afraid to post Podcasts with music. If I remember it right, Podcasting started on with the huge amount of little radioshows with music, but for some reason there isn't that many radioshow Podcasts offered in iTunes...

What's everyones view on this? It's basicly the same thing as uploading mixtapes or mp3's, but this time it's done in really personal level on your own website... Could man get some legal harm about this or not?

bump!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Get ready people: I just got an insane Brazilian disco/funk/boogie/funk [/b] mix from the one and only Adrian Leach. It is going to destroy the internet airwaves during tomorrow's Waxing Deep. I'm listening to it now--so insanely nuts! First meatyogre's huge latin rock mix, and now this? Waxing Deep is in full effect, for sure.

Looking good is that on today then?

100+ views no one has an opinion on podcasting? Come on folks. Hey newbies, make yourselves known! I promise not to ban you tomorrow if you offer me good advice.

No Waxing Deep today on account of some truly bizarre regulations at the station. Stealing records from the library no longer seems so wrong...

I bet K can relate to me on this one...

• Options
    I was simply the stations downtown division. Nothing more, mothing less.

K.

• Are you using an rss feed to distribute the mp3 then you will be podcasting.

Here's an example of a podcast feed.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/Tazacacao

you cut and paste that into your news reader like NetNewsWire and you are subscribed. I'm lucky that i got in the game early. My podcast is in the iTunes podcast list, although I think anyone can get theirs added.

Maybe you know this and are already doing it but if not and you have more questions, feel free to ask.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Any advice on how to make this better/get lots of exposure?

This may help you advice/exposure
    http://www.podcastingnews.com/forum/

Seems popular enough and there is prolly and FAQ thread (didnt have time to look deep into it)and you canpromote your show.Try getting on the ipod/podcast list.
    Good luck and hope this elps
    Also when will you be airing that brazilian/boogie set sounds great!