FMU Record Fair

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Is it worth it? I lived just about my whole life here and never went? Is it a mob scene?, whats admission?, can you really pick stuff up at a bargain?, do they have collectible brazilian, or is it all dollar bins? when is the best time to go?

Comments

• can you bring shit to swap?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    can you bring shit to swap?
    I don't know. I never attended that record show. Ask one of the dudes who have (Check the link).
    Peace,
    bc

• this is what my fiance said when I asked her if she minded if I went to the record fair on Friday instead of out with her.

YaXXXXXya: can i go to the WFMU record fair on Friaday at 7:00 PM. Pleeeeeeeeeze.

tXXXXX13: what's that?

YaXXXXXya: its a place where record dealers meet once a year with lots of records

YaXXXXXya: its at some pavilian on West18th street

tXXXXXE13: is it at nite?

tXXXXXE13: only if i can go to a club to listen to some phat beats ......

tXXXXX13: this looks like such a dweeb-fest

tXXXXX13: like someplace comic book guy would take edna crobbaple on a friday nite

tXXXXE13: I AM NOT GOING WITH YOU

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Will she still marry you?

• I'VE ATTENDED THE ONE IN THE SUMMER TIME IN THE OUTDOORS BEHIND THE STATION,ITS PRETTY MUCH ALL DOLLAR BINS,MEET AND GREET,ECT.AS FOR THIS ONE,I THINK IT MIGHT BE ALITTLE DIFFERENT.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

YaXXXXXya: can i go to the WFMU record fair on Friaday at 7:00 PM. Pleeeeeeeeeze.

WTF is that? Is she your mother or your fiance? This would be correct:

YaXXXXXya: I'm going go to the WFMU record fair on Friaday at 7:00 PM. Wanna come?

• YaXXXXXya: can i go to the WFMU record fair on Friaday at 7:00 PM. Pleeeeeeeeeze.

WTF is that? Is she your mother or your fiance? This would be correct:

YaXXXXXya: I'm going go to the WFMU record fair on Friaday at 7:00 PM. Wanna come?

you would think so wouldnt you.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    I'VE ATTENDED THE ONE IN THE SUMMER TIME IN THE OUTDOORS BEHIND THE STATION,ITS PRETTY MUCH ALL DOLLAR BINS,MEET AND GREET,ECT.AS FOR THIS ONE,I THINK IT MIGHT BE ALITTLE DIFFERENT.

no no no
    this is way different

• FMU is the real deal. Fri is a total mob scene. lots of sharks, Matt Dillon, and other assorted folks. SERIOUS RECORDS...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, but you don't have to be a to find good deals..

Look out for the Indian dude near the back wall I believe. He gets lots of sealed overstocks from back in the day. Brohannon had like 40 sealed copies of that Oneness of Juju LP, pretty cheap.

There are some peeps that just bring crazy rare records, with ridic price tags on them just to be Flossin'.

I am at my wits end deciding if I should go ( I may have to regulate at my store)

Most likely goin Sat..

Any strutters wanna meet up, or am I too much of a newbie here to be that inviting?

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

FMU is the real deal. Fri is a total mob scene. lots of sharks,
    Most likely goin Sat..

Any strutters wanna meet up, or am I too much of a newbie here to be that inviting?

the party starts at table # L-1

this show looks to be the best ever
    so many dealers & collectros wanting to sell, dealers on wait lists,
    folks only able to score a table for a single day,
    this time it will be more like 3 different shows !!!

• (As I mentioned in the previous FMU thread) I'll be there in buyer mode. To recognize me look for the guy with bright blue running shoes. If you want to point out funk 45 dealers you'll make me

• Is it wrong to steal records at fairs? During a moment of desperate brokeness, I'm ashamed to say I took some over priced $75 records at a total discount.

Thats not cool is it...

• we cut off hands for anything over a $5 theft.

i'm surprised you'd even post such a stupid thing here.

"overpriced" is a relative term. for you i'm assuming anything over $3 is overpriced right??

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Is it worth it? I lived just about my whole life here and never went? Is it a mob scene?, whats admission?, can you really pick stuff up at a bargain?, do they have collectible brazilian, or is it all dollar bins? when is the best time to go?

this one is expected to be off the hook, as it's the first one they've had since they switched to once a year. if you dig enough, you can score some serious shit.

• girgir 329 Posts
    thanks to the awesome power that is the chinatown bus i will be attending tomorrow.

hopefully i'll be able to score a copy of "endless flight" for pretty cheap.

• Is it wrong to steal records at fairs? During a moment of desperate brokeness, I'm ashamed to say I took some over priced $75 records at a total discount.

Thats not cool is it...

BAN