WHAT ARE THE LIL WEEZY MIXTAPES I NEED IN MY LIFE?

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Real headz??? tell me that Weezy is killin' it on the lyrical tip lately on these underground mixtapes (well, this is what Vibe magazine is saying, and I know I can trust their opinion). I need to hear this for myself. Southern rap real headz let me know what it do 'cuz I ain't heard a' that. I may be out of touch but you can't say I don't try to understand you kidz and your new fangled hip hop music! Honestly, though, let me know what it is.

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    PREFIX

SUFFIX

SQL SOMETHING 10000 BARS

HIS DJ DRAMA GANGSTA GRIZILLZ DEDICATIONS

YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH ANY OF THESE THE SUFFIX IS THE NEWEST ONE

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    you need to check out the Squad Up shit he did...its a few years old, but that shit was blowing my mind when it dropped, CRAZY freestyles...i think i have it at the crib, PM me if you are interested and ill try dig it up and rip it for you....

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    get at me if u need this stuff, i have everything u need. U might not like his beats or even his lyrics but if u cant respect his flow and presence, then u lost. Id say weezys teh best doin it right now, not countin jay. altho, i gotta add, sum people jus dont get it

• get at me if u need this stuff, i have everything u need. U might not like his beats or even his lyrics but if u cant respect his flow and presence, then u lost. Id say weezys teh best doin it right now, not countin jay. altho, i gotta add, sum people jus dont get it

Right, right.... well, I'm gettin' atcha, mane! If you got MP3's hit me on that yousendit, ya dig? I may indeed be lost, but it's all about trying to find your way. I actually always kinda liked Weezy's style, and all those other Cash Money folls too. Weezy at the top of the game? I ain't heard a' that, but I am excited just by the idea of it.

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    i may indeed be lost

i hope you arent sayin that you can't respect his flow. I mean..he has sum real questionable lines at times, and i definitely don't share a popular opinion but dude could mumble on a track and still make it hot. U gotta decide for yourself tho, so if u want im puttin together a lil zip 4 u of his better mixtape joints from the last couple years. Btw, who would u say is at the top of the game right now?

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    check ur pm's phill. also, heres a new biggie remix wit weezy and juelz. i thought id post it up in case sum people want to hear it.
    im wit wutever

• Btw, who would u say is at the top of the game right now?

As far as the best rapper? To me it probably wouldn't be anybody who's popular right now. I really have to listen and take notes from y'all younger dudes who are into the stuff that's currently popular to know what's happening any more. The last time I got excited about a new rapper hitting the scene was way back around the time when Canibus and Eminem first came out. Since then there have been new dudes that I think are a-ight, but nobody even close to status.

But, like I said, I'm down to be schooled by y'all young folls on what it is in 2005. So thanks for the Weezy rips, I'll check 'em out tomorrow.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

yes. weezy's been killing it recently. his verses make any corny r&b song enjoyable. so his new ish made me go dig up his old ish and i almost trip harder off that ish

here's 2 of the best songs from his 'lights out' lp

tha blues: http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1U0D21AE8W7RR1KISSINBYHJPY

beef: http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3BHKI1W3N1PDJ3671KYU7GTRLY

• Yo, thanks to urrrbody who hooked me up with the Weezy MP3's. As previously stated, I always did like the style of the Hot Boyz / Cash Money folls, and gotta give Wayne a little more respect after hearing these mixtape cuts. He's got some stuff, no question. I think he sounded a little more distictive back on the older stuff I heard when he was a young bo' and now he sounds more like your generic thug rapper, but it appears the overall skills level has been raised up (been studying a lot of Hov schitt obviously... that's not a bad thing). Haven't heard it all yet, but "Damage Is Done" on the SUFFIX joint is impressive lyrically. And of course "Diamonds On My Neck" is bangin' (I think I prefer Smitty doe). And "Weezy F. Baby". Damn, I'ma be rockin' this schitt hurr, mane! THANKS TO ALL Y'ALL BIG OL' PEEMPS!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i think i enjoy listening to weezy's adlibs and him talking than the actual songs on his mixtapes

• SQ4 is thee mixtape. That being said, you should also check for the Young Money tape he put out with his new crew. The Knuck If You Buck track is

"Mama say tuck your chain son or they'll take it/I hit her with one of them stale faces/Like I be damn mama they know who I am mama/I am still ya little boy but to them I'm the man mama"

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Wait a minute, nobody mentioned the drama tape?

Gangsta Grizillsss! Dj Drama presents : lil wayne: dedication. Thats the hot one.

Probably what vibe was talking about anyways.

PREFIX
    SUFFIX
    SQL SOMETHING 10000 BARS
    HIS DJ DRAMA GANGSTA GRIZILLZ DEDICATIONS
    YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH ANY OF THESE THE SUFFIX IS THE NEWEST ONE

my bad. brian got it already.

Hows the Suffix?

What the hell is he talking about with all that prefix, suffix crap? Mabye it just sounds cool.

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    ^^^pretty sure the young money tape is teh same as the dedication, but yea whoever mention knuck if u buck, co sign, ridic. suffix is solid but not touchin the dedication tape, i can get u it if u need it, damage is done

check ur pm's phill. also, heres a new biggie remix wit weezy and juelz. i thought id post it up in case sum people want to hear it.
    im wit wutever

yo, is that the one on allhiphop.com? that shit is straight terrible. Will that trash be on the biggie duets album?

Real headz??? tell me that Weezy is killin' it on the lyrical tip lately on these underground mixtapes (well, this is what Vibe magazine is saying, and I know I can trust their opinion). I need to hear this for myself. Southern rap real headz let me know what it do 'cuz I ain't heard a' that. I may be out of touch but you can't say I don't try to understand you kidz and your new fangled hip hop music! Honestly, though, let me know what it is.

i think its very cool that you still are open minded enough to check in and see whats poppin.

i think its very cool that you still are open minded enough to check in and see whats poppin.

I know many people younger than you that dont anymore.

• Real headz??? tell me that Weezy is killin' it on the lyrical tip lately on these underground mixtapes (well, this is what Vibe magazine is saying, and I know I can trust their opinion). I need to hear this for myself. Southern rap real headz let me know what it do 'cuz I ain't heard a' that. I may be out of touch but you can't say I don't try to understand you kidz and your new fangled hip hop music! Honestly, though, let me know what it is.

I know many people younger than you that dont anymore.

Well, thank you, Bsides. I know some people probably get me all wrong with my riding for "that real schitt"... believe me, I'm not stuck in the past. I try to listen to as much new stuff as possible and want to like it, be it from the east west, midwest, south, wherever. Although I'm just not gonna feel the Laffy Taffy's of the current music scene (and there were Laffy Taffy type joints BITD too, believe me), I do recognize that some dudes are trying to step it up and come with some lyrical schitt. It'll never be like 1988 again, and it shouldn't be, but dudes can still come with quality lyrics and beats in their own new way in 2005,and I think some people are doing that (I do want to see more than just all this thuggish talk, though... that's cool, but there isn't nearly enough balance right now IMO). The more I listen to the Lil Wayne stuff the more I'm likin' it. I need more, mang!

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Weezy is the dude. Everyone's already mentioned the craziest stuff. The Gangsta Grillz "Dedication" mixtape is probably the one you need most in your life. Dude is just killing it on that. Don't sleep on "The Carter" LP, too. It's pretty great.

Dude's got lyrics.

"I gargle gummo and spit out jambalaya"

-e

• "From the soul to what type wheels you roll,
    She's hip-hop; from the luv of my life, to my discruntled wife.
    I turn my back at her, laugh at her on t.v.
    frontin' in a Phantom, prolly fuckin' Lil Weezy..."

You know where I stand on this topic. Not that you asked. Just an excuse to show my new avatar. Peeeaaaaaccee!!!!!

• "I gargle gumbo[/b] and spit out jambalaya"