bruce cloud CALIFORNIA SOUL r.r.

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
i was just looking at the cover for this album and i think the model on the cover is the same girl from terry calliers-what color lp. anyone else have this album? peace, stein. . .

Comments

• i was just looking at the cover for this album and i think the model on the cover is the same girl from terry calliers-what color lp. anyone else have this album? peace, stein. . .

I don't have it, but I've seen in used shops on occasion, so I'll pay closer attention to the cover model next time.

And the reason why I haven't bought it?

I kinda got the impression from looking at the song titles that it was kinda loungey, and I'm not in the market for a male Barbara McNair. How is it? Straight-ahead soul, or really slick and poppy?

• its a bit loungy. but. . .i love that stuff man. he sounds a bit lou rawlsy. its a good record i'll leave it at that. peace, stein. . .

• Naw, def not the same chick, stein. Ma on the Bruce Cloud lp looks a little older and kinda has a Vivica Fox thang goin' on. Plus I don't think she hittin' the pipe quite as hard as ol' girl on the Terry Callier joint (or so I hear that she looks like a bony drug fiend... I always thought she was kinda bangin' at least face-wise, but what do I know. I'm not picky.).

I like the Bruce Cloud record, too. At least one song on it if I remember correctly, which is all I need to like a record.

• that album cover (callier) was the cover of my sexy picnic flyer with dj un- g in the les..everybody was askin about homegirl..

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Naw, def not the same chick, stein. Ma on the Bruce Cloud lp looks a little older and kinda has a Vivica Fox thang goin' on. Plus I don't think she hittin' the pipe quite as hard as ol' girl on the Terry Callier joint (or so I hear that she looks like a bony drug fiend... I always thought she was kinda bangin' at least face-wise, but what do I know. I'm not picky.)

That's what I'm saying; the girl on the Bruce Cloud looks a lot better.

The arrangaments on that record are cool, but I can't get into his singing at all. Cover's probably the best thing about it.