Real World Detroit

2»

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Don't forget about Youngstown, Ohio o

one of the midwest's weirdest towns evar...

When I was in Akron, I remember me and a buddy drove to Youngstown gettin' blazed the whole way. Damn, I've calmed down a lot. Is Interstate 76 still the most fucked up stretch of highway in the U.S.?

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Real World Youngstown could be interesting...maybe one of the cast members would get rubbed out by the Mob.

• id rather be in detroit than anywhere in ohio

I don't know why, Cleveland is shitty but Columbus is progessive and growing, centered on service industries.

• Don't forget about Youngstown, Ohio o

When I was in Akron, I remember me and a buddy drove to Youngstown gettin' blazed the whole way. Damn, I've calmed down a lot. Is Interstate 76 still the most fucked up stretch of highway in the U.S.?

I don't know anyone who actually goes to Youngstown on purpose. I don't mean that to be funny, I just have never heard anyone say, "I'm going to Youngstown today." And given the proximity, that's odd.

And who drives on I-76? It doesn't go anywhere.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yo Graf,

My cat Larry and I rode out to Y-town to check out his cousin. Dude had the blaze and I had the ride, it was simple really!!!! We were working on some music at the time and his cous wanted in on the project (dude was "ehh" on the mic though). I-76 is fucked up. It's like drivin' in a ditch.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

Shiiiiiit, Saginaw makes Detroit look like fuckin' utopia (my late grandparents and other relatives on ma'dukes side live there). Saginaw even makes Beirut look like a tourist spot. The land time, and the automobile industry, forgot. Don't forget about Youngstown, Ohio or Gary, Indiana either. Real gully!!! And, the westside of Baltimore would be interesting too. I use to visit "The Corner" weekly as a kid since my relatives lived there (I spent a lot of my growing up years in Maryland). I was there in summer of 2003 and it looks 1,000,000 times worse than in the 70's. Damn!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Word. I spent some time in Saginaw recently (peace to snakes). Worst time ever. Saginaw made me want to be back in Flint. Flint makes me want to be in Detroit.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

Shiiiiiit, Saginaw makes Detroit look like fuckin' utopia (my late grandparents and other relatives on ma'dukes side live there). Saginaw even makes Beirut look like a tourist spot. The land time, and the automobile industry, forgot. Don't forget about Youngstown, Ohio or Gary, Indiana either. Real gully!!! And, the westside of Baltimore would be interesting too. I use to visit "The Corner" weekly as a kid since my relatives lived there (I spent a lot of my growing up years in Maryland). I was there in summer of 2003 and it looks 1,000,000 times worse than in the 70's. Damn!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Word. I spent some time in Saginaw recently (peace to snakes). Worst time ever. Saginaw made me want to be back in Flint. Flint makes me want to be in Detroit.
    It's a sad, mesmerizing spiral really. I always end up leaving Detroit to look for records in both of said towns. But yes, Saginaw and Flint are both more depressing than Detroit.

Though if anyone comes to Detroit for the Super Bowl, I have a feeling that you'll be surprised by how we're coming along with development. At the same time, holler at the kid... sneak me into some private parties.

• "Tell those Real World motherfuckers to hit 8 Mile Road jack!"[/b]

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    They may be fixing up 94 between the airport & downtown, but everything else is still fucked.

what are they gonna do? throw a sheet over this thing for the superbowl?

( I couldn't find a picture of sunlight shining through the building, which is how I usually picture it)

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I always find this building . If they turn that into police headquarters, I'll eat my hat.

They have to do something. They're planning on draping some other vacant buildings downtown, but you can't miss that if you're going out for Mexican.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    the thing that is so disturbing about Detroit is that it actually seems like it used to be someplace( "The Paris of the Midwest") in a bygone age. now we have huge structures utterly abandoned like a rust-belt Mayan ruin.

---

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    the thing that is so disturbing about Detroit is that it actually seems like it used to be someplace( "The Paris of the Midwest") in a bygone age. now we have huge structures utterly abandoned like a rust-belt Mayan ruin.

---

great way to put that.

I have a love hate relationship with detroit. I love the idea of being there, for the first 3 hours I love being there. I hate to see what has happened to it as an after effect of the riots. And I love to leave. And when I get home, I hate that im not in Detroit.

• Don't forget about Youngstown, Ohio o

I don't know anyone who actually goes to Youngstown on purpose. I don't mean that to be funny, I just have never heard anyone say, "I'm going to Youngstown today." And given the proximity, that's odd.

And who drives on I-76? It doesn't go anywhere.

i used to be in a band that was popular in youngstown. the joke in the band was like..we're playing youngstown again? i mean how did we get popular there? i did meet a few cool people from those shows, (you know who you are...) but in general, the area was wack! i was lucky not to get rubbed out by the mob or fall prey to a since declined steel industry. i did however get to take all the vinyl i wanted from a youngstown radio station that no longer existed...now that was fun.

I-76 sucks..period.

now appleton, wisconsin, that's some whole other shit. pass the cheese curds.