Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    no.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    not a fan?

• awallawall 673 Posts

If I Were

sorry, no breaks

• I just bought this and it's surprisingly good. Really beautiful arrangements and her voice sounds just like it did 35 years ago.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Beautiful song.

Simple, yet rich.

• i need to give this album another listen, but at first blush it kind of sounded like some elf music to me

• i need to give this album another listen, but at first blush it kind of sounded like some elf music to me

I mean, it's not necessarily going to be everyone's cup of tea but I dig this kind of shit. Also it's great to hear someone who makes a comeback album after a long break that doesn't suck.

• Yeah...it's a really nice album. In fact, the second song, called "Here Before," is about as beautiful as folk gets. I'm really happy that she has found a new audience. She seems very genuine.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    i need to give this album another listen, but at first blush it kind of sounded like some elf music to me

I mean, it's not necessarily going to be everyone's cup of tea but I dig this kind of shit. Also it's great to hear someone who makes a comeback album after a long break that doesn't suck.

seriously. i think it has a lot to do with the fact that she has been more or less totally removed from the music world for 30 years or so and is not attempting to connect with any modern standards for what it should sound like. i also like that the guest artists don't get in the way or have singing parts. that shit could have ruined the album.