My Haloween Nightmare!!!!!

2»

Comments

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    I figured they were gonna try to front on my money so I unplugged their turntables and was going to take them as payment.

i really admire this approach.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    I figured they were gonna try to front on my money so I unplugged their turntables and was going to take them as payment.

i really admire this approach.

for real. i would have snatched the CDJ's, though. you can slide one of those in a record bag, right?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Well handled, Dee.

Respect.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Typical Seattle, so glad I don't dj anymore in this town.

Where was this at anyways?

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts

Typical Seattle, so glad I don't dj anymore in this town.

Where was this at anyways?

You know what, you said it all right there. This is so true. I have only had these types of things happen in Seattle, never ever when I'm on the road. We have a history of this here. Our clubs suck and so does our radio. It was at the last supper club. Funny thing is how I got an apology call from the GM today and I have a meeting with them on Thurs. to straighten everything out.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Our clubs suck and so does our radio[/b] .
    Do you guys out in Seattle still have KUBE 93 as the main hip-hop radio station?
    Everytime I listened to it, I got sick to my stomach.

• i dj'd this party on sat. and i saw a girl dressed up like a french whore totally kick her man's ass who was dressed up like a ghostbuster. she threw all kinds of glass champagne cups at his ass and threw him into the side of a car. then a dude dressed up like jesus broke it up.[/b] it was pretty funny but i think you had to be there. ghostbuster dude just kept saying "why? why?" and the chick was all yelling "IS THIS GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU!!!" oh man. halloween rules!

I was laughing so hard spit flew on my computer monitor. This is the funniest s#it I've heard in a long while.

It's a good thing the dude dressed as Jesus knew how to play the role, ahhhh you gotta love good samaritans.

• True story on KUBE 93. This was about ten years ago or so. I was working in a machine shop at the time and the only thing I had to listen to was a radio(no tape deck). So I was checking out their old school lunch, were at least they play something other than the ten songs they play over and over and over and over and over and over..... and over. You catch my drift. Anyways I get the bright idea to call up and request Eric B. & Rakim. What can I say I was needing a hip hop fix, and in Seattle at that time aside from Rap Attack(that was the shit) on Sunday nights there wasn't really any hip hop on the radio. Well when I asked her on the phone the show host was like "who"? I was like you don't know who Eric B & Rakim are? She got all heated at me and asked if I was from a record label. She was a joke. Anyways I just love it when they talk how they always been hip-hop. Cracks me up. Cause at the same time I called for this request they were playing that disney song from Pocahontas as one of those 10 songs they played. That's the straight B-boy anthem right there. So yeah Seattle got some issues as far as radio go. Things have gotten better as far as radio and club go, but it's far from a perfect world. They were really crackin down on clubs after that Ice Cube concert back in the day. If it was hip hop they were not tryin to hear it. Yet they supported the king of grunge who borrowed X-zibit's gun and didn't give it back. Seattle's a strange place.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    That story is dope!
    I had a friend of mine who was from Renton, tell me about how there was station that played underground hip-hop but the stationed dissolved and eventually became Funky Monkey. Can you confirm/deny this?

Dee Rock,
    I would've still[/b] taken those turntables, on the strength.

• That story is dope!
    I had a friend of mine who was from Renton, tell me about how there was station that played underground hip-hop but the stationed dissolved and eventually became Funky Monkey. Can you confirm/deny this?

I'm not sure on that one. I never was aware of a station like that. Funky Monkey would play some hip hop joints once in a while, but it was kinda all over the place. Kinda like you would hear Beastie Boys on there and maybe like a Snoop joint or somethin. There were a couple dope shows on the radio mostly collage stations back in the day, I think it was DJ Crush down at Evergreen state, and Rap Attack at UW. There really wasn't a all hip hop radio station for sure. KFOX used to be dope same way back in the day. The Z twins was cool also but AM reception sucks.

Me and the hommies did a nice internet station back in the day. It was called skratchcast.com It was pretty fun and dope. We could play whatever we wanted and it was a good spot to come toghether and meet. People were always coming through and cuttin it up and playin mad underground joints. Big thanks to all the people that came through. Thanks to Prymetyme, Kutfather, B-mello, Dice, Rayzor, Vitamin D, Jake-One, Soul, Tazeek, WD-40, Rob Nice, KERB, Shin & Dia, Jason, JFX and R-son, Tone, Tre, Kamikaze, Swami, Sho Nuph, Topspin, DVone, DJ Midas, Phys Ed, DJ Drez, Aceyelone, Ab Rude and Abstract Tribe Unique, Chopps, Second 2 None, Elronius, Supreme, and anyone I forgot to mention. It was dope while it lasted.

For the most part us Seattle Hip Hop cats have really had a long hall at gettin shit goin. I'm glad it's been gettin poppin up here.