Madison Green Bay WI digging

yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Anyone been thru these parts??? Any insight would be most helpful. PM or put on blast!!!thanks in advance,Georges

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    You might wanna hollar at Big Stacks up in Milwaukee.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

And see if Bizzo has any N WI spots he wants to give up....

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Madison

Mad City Music, corner o willy and johnn nolan.
    Pasture Music, 600 block e johnson
    st vincent de paul, willy st next to co-op

no, no records in madison

• You might wanna hollar at Big Stacks up in Milwaukee.

No time to swing thru Milwaukee, but next time!!! paging Big Stacks!!!!!

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

And see if Bizzo has any N WI spots he wants to give up....

There are not really any records in Wisconsin any more.

• There are not really any records in Wisconsin any more.

NONE??!?!??!?!?! you mean I won't find a single copy of The Bob McGrath there????

There are not really any records in Wisconsin any more.

NONE??!?!??!?!?! you mean I won't find a single copy of The Bob McGrath there????

Fon Du Lac aka Fondy might still have some records. I heard there are still boxes of Penny Goodwin LP's at the goodwill there.

• Fon Du Lac aka Fondy might still have some records. I heard there are still boxes of Penny Goodwin LP's at the goodwill there.

hooray beer!!! I have to drive thru there to get to Green Bay anyway on saturday so maybe I'll cop a Penny for my thoughts!!!!

Fon Du Lac aka Fondy might still have some records. I heard there are still boxes of Penny Goodwin LP's at the goodwill there.

hooray beer!!! I have to drive thru there to get to Green Bay anyway on saturday so maybe I'll cop a Penny for my thoughts!!!!

For real though, stop in all the rural towns. The goodwill's around there are pretty surprising at times.

I've actually found some crazy folk/psych shit in Fon Du Lac.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Theres Amazing Records in Green Bay, but the dude was a total asshole when we were there. He has an invisible line he draws of stuff thats "not for sale". Basically, the line blocks out 60% of the stores vinyl from being purchased. I found some cool stuff beyond that line, but it wasnt in the designated "for sale" zone. I'm pretty sure thats all there is in Green Bay. I fucking hate record stoers like that. If its not for sale, don't put it in plain view on the floor!!!!

oh, I forgot to mention the Amazing Records dude was sweating us hard for a "want list", and feverishly writing down every piece of info about records we were talking about. total dingleberry, and I'll never go to this shop again.

• I'll never go to this shop again.

Was it that bad???

I'll never go to this shop again.

Was it that bad???

I mean, I ended up buying maybe 10 decent records. If you have nothing else to do, you might as well hit it up. Plaese to post your experience there if you do end up going. I'm curious if you will get the same treatment we did.

• I mean, I ended up buying maybe 10 decent records. If you have nothing else to do, you might as well hit it up. Plaese to post your experience there if you do end up going. I'm curious if you will get the same treatment we did.

When were you last there????

People told me all kinds of horror stories about that spot in Vegas and I had decent experience with him. He was kinda shady at first, but then he let me into some heat stash and i ended up getting a decent amount of stuff fairly priced. Hopefully this will be the same!!!

I mean, I ended up buying maybe 10 decent records. If you have nothing else to do, you might as well hit it up. Plaese to post your experience there if you do end up going. I'm curious if you will get the same treatment we did.

When were you last there????

People told me all kinds of horror stories about that spot in Vegas and I had decent experience with him. He was kinda shady at first, but then he let me into some heat stash and i ended up getting a decent amount of stuff fairly priced. Hopefully this will be the same!!!

this was about 5 months ago. He sells on Ebay too, under the name "amazingrecords"

• He sells on Ebay too, under the name "amazingrecords"

No wonder he's trying to cop all types of knowledge!! He's trying to get his on!!!! He's prolly got every record with a black person on the sleeve at $20+ dollars now.

• There are not really any records in Wisconsin any more.

I don't know if what records were here in the past to gauge expectations, but highlights of the day one 4 hour search unearthed:

LPs:
    Lou Fisher Rehearsal Band - The Legend (Dallas private press Jazz with choppable Burley's Business)
    Terry Riley - In C
    Roberto Roena Y Su Apollo Sould 9 - self titled (Latin ish on International)
    Jean-Claude Pelletier - Boogie Woogie & Soul (double Lp on French label Vogue)
    Milt Jackson - Olinga
    The Redeemer Choir - God's People Give Thanks (soulful xian outta Houston)
    George Shearing - The Way We Were
    Roy Meriwether Trio - Jesus Christ Superstar Goes Jazz
    Duke Williams - Monkey In A Suit
    Heart - Have A Heart

45's
    Chuck Carbo - Can I Be Your Squeeze (The Canyon pressing - 2 copies)
    Joann Garrett - I'll Always Remember

an old-school 50 records holder plus 25 other joints.

not great, but also doesn't seem below the curve of some of the weekend find posts.....

I'm hitting up Pasture today before I try & hit up Fondy for my Penny joints.

• Plaese to post your experience there if you do end up going. I'm curious if you will get the same treatment we did.

I didn't get the same treatment you did, though the place is indeed a total waste of time. He wasn't a dick, but I also didn't attempt to talk to him much. Only after I looked at everything and he already told me if the records didn't have a price on them they were $4 I pulled the Angela Davis Soul & Soledad off the wall and said "four buck right???" he just took it back and said ti's not really for sale unless you want to pay $100 bucks for it. To which, I said, "Enjoy looking at the record."

No inquires of lists, but I was surprised how few records we actually in the racks and how many he preferred I didn't look thru. He just strikes me as a guy who's the only game in town and doesn't have much stock so he hoards what he thinks is dope for ebay. it's just clearly a store that was happier when people were still looking for Hendrix & Floyd bootlegs.

A.B. Skhy - st, Aquaboogie 12" and Bob James Two were really the only records I brought.

Am I the only one who feels compelled to buy dolla bin commons at stores where there's nothing so you won't feel like it was a total waste??? LOL

Plaese to post your experience there if you do end up going. I'm curious if you will get the same treatment we did.

Am I the only one who feels compelled to buy dolla bin commons at stores where there's nothing so you won't feel like it was a total waste??? LOL

nope, I do the same. You're dead on with your assessment of the store. There is indeed no game in Green Bay.

• there is indeed no game in Green Bay.

though I think I did quite well in Madison. Now I wish to run (there needs to be a Rev. Run graemiln!!!) Fondy & Appleton.

went to Appleton too. theres one decent shop, but I don't think the dude buys all that much. THeres another incence hippy fuck shop where hip hop promos start at 9.99 and run up to 19.99. Its right around the other shop. Have fun.

• and to make things even better, I just traded one of the Chuck Carbo's I got in Madison for a M-/VG++ Lee Moses' Time & Place