best earbuds?

SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
gotten tired of waering cans on my head,have looked around for earbuds but they don't seem to have the bass at all. anyone know of some good models?

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Sony has a model for $40 that kicks fuking ass. I lost a pair and bought them again. My hearing hates me for it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    sennheiser mx 500s are about 15 bucks and pretty nice for the price. i think they're one of the best reviewed, under 100 earbuds

edit: whoops wrong model

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I HIGHLY recommend these:

Sennheiser MX-500 Stereo Earbuds

They sound as good, if not better than Sony's most expensive buds and will run you a grand total of $20.

- Strong bass
    - Clean and clear highs
    - Comfortable

How could you go wrong?

Seriously - the best twenty-spot I ever spent on headphones.

• autezautez 404 Posts
    i think i cried watching the basketball one back in the day

• I HIGHLY recommend these:

Sennheiser MX-500 Stereo Earbuds

They sound as good, if not better than Sony's most expensive buds and will run you a grand total of $20.

- Strong bass
    - Clean and clear highs
    - Comfortable

How could you go wrong?

Seriously - the best twenty-spot I ever spent on headphones.

Sennheiser buds last way longer than Sony.

I had a pair of those Sony 50 dollar ones. The ones that go to your brain and shit. Second pair I have owned. First ones broke because it was my fault and second ones were practically the same thing but the wires got flimsier those messed up on their own.

Sony is bad at making headphones IMO. Most will mess up mad quick. Go with the Sennheisers. You don't even really need to get the 20 dollar ones you can get the MX300 or MX400 and they are the same thing except no volume slider on the wire.

• I'll praise the Sonys as well. They are super super comfy, excellent at cancelling noise, and sound pretty damn good too, great bass. I had the same issue as others though, the wire covering has worn down and is starting to tear all up and down the cord. I can do a patch job with electrical tape but ...I guess thats what happens when you wrap the wires around the IPOD all the time when not in use but thats the only way to keep those shits from getting into a tangled mess.

• I laugh.

Check out the Shur e2's. They're great.

• puchitopuchito 374 Posts
    I'll praise the Sonys as well. They are super super comfy, excellent at cancelling noise, and sound pretty damn good too, great bass. I had the same issue as others though, the wire covering has worn down and is starting to tear all up and down the cord. I can do a patch job with electrical tape but ...I guess thats what happens when you wrap the wires around the IPOD all the time when not in use but thats the only way to keep those shits from getting into a tangled mess.

I've auctually patched them with electrical tape! But the tape evnetually losens. I am on my third pair I got tired of buying or exchanging them. The reason they get all ripped up is that the wire twist and eventually the inner wire breaks.

• as far as i know it's physically impossible for earbuds to reproduce bass properly...too small and since they are wedged up in your ear they negate how the curvature of your outer ears responds to bass. and it's really not a good idea to have a mini speaker lodged in your ear anyway. stick with real headphones!

• The Etymotics ER-6 ($130-150) will rock your world. If you want to sell your speakers...move up the ER-4S ($330). Also, a great resource for cans: http://www.headphone.com/

Nuff said.

• I find that the Sennheiser earbuds lack bass. I've tried a few ear buds and haven't liked the sound of any of them. I think in ear phones may be the go, but the good ones are pretty pricey. I'm looking into the Westone UM2 at the moment but I'll stick to my Senn HD 25-1 headphones for the time being.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    yall seriously. earbuds are not good for you.

• If you go with some portable headphones I have heard that PORTAPROS are some of the best sounding ones that aren't too pricey.