Donny Hathaway live???

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
How many LIVE lps are there?I have an Lp w/ an instrumental track called Nu-Po. The cover doesn't look like this one. I think it's a painted cover. I'm @ work so I can't pull it for reference.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Disregard the question. I just dont see this version alot. Copped it years ago
    when J&R Music still had 99 cent record racks.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    I have that one too, I think its called "In Performance" or something, it's recorded at 2 performances one in LA and 1 in NY I think. Some tracks the crowd is audible some they aren't. Still haven't found "Live" yet though.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    "Live" turns out - it's not that raer. And it has the most amazing cover of "Jealous Guy" you've ever heard.

• "Live" turns out - it's not that raer. And it has the most amazing picture of DJ Wisdom playing bass on the back cover!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    someone please post the cover (and the mp3's) for the Live @ the Astrodome Hathaway bootleg plaese

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    someone please post the cover (and the mp3's) for the Live @ the Astrodome Hathaway bootleg plaese

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    I will cry sweet sweet tears of joy if someone does this!

• "Live" turns out - it's not that raer. And it has the most amazing cover of "Jealous Guy" you've ever heard.

Definately my favourite version of 'Jealous Guy','Live' not that raer you say!!,
    Ive needed to mint this one up for a while,anyone? trades pending.

• "Live" turns out - it's not that raer. And it has the most amazing cover of "Jealous Guy" you've ever heard.

You're right, absolutely incredible cover of "Jealous Guy". The rest of the album's good, but that particular cover kills it. I always liked the Lennon original too, but Donny just took it to a whole other level on the live album. That song along convinced me to buy the album on vinyl, and then I was really happy when I managed to find a copy of it on CD as an import. I paid a fair amount for it but it was worth every penny. I love that live album.

• this came out earlier this year or last year, can't recall, on mid price cd. it has selections from both live albums plus 6 unreleased tracks including a version of stevie wonder 'superwoman' which is worth the cd price alone

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    "Live" turns out - it's not that raer. And it has the most amazing cover of "Jealous Guy" you've ever heard.

cosign o dub...i LOVE that record!

• I just dont see this version alot.

i've only seen this record twice. once in a public library, and the other is the copy i own. I think it might be a promo only, both copies i've seen were promos and i've never heard of an official release of it.

is your's a promo too?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I just dont see this version alot.

i've only seen this record twice. once in a public library, and the other is the copy i own. I think it might be a promo only, both copies i've seen were promos and i've never heard of an official release of it.

is your's a promo too?

I think so. It's listed @ allmusic as an official Atlantic release.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

I just dont see this version alot.

i've only seen this record twice. once in a public library, and the other is the copy i own. I think it might be a promo only

DEFINITELY not. I used to see this LP around all the time when it was still in print. It's only started becoming scarce in the last five years or so.

• DEFINITELY not. I used to see this LP around all the time when it was still in print. It's only started becoming scarce in the last five years or so.

. i've only seen it the two times (in the last 12 years) but that might just be some fate shit.

"i love you more than you'll ever know" on this one is my favorite hathaway song ever.