Maybe Gay-What's Going On?

JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
edited October 2005 in Announcements
What upp with people you suspect are gay but they won't tell. How do you deal with them? Do you still make gay-jokes when they are around? Do they make you feel uncomfortable? Would you prefer that they come clean? Is this your business?

Comments

• Do you get headaches, 'cause that's quite a load you're carrying!

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    yea I'd prefer them to come clean, rather then hiding it.

i don't make jokes on them as who they are, but i'd make jokes that would hopefully make the situation less awkward, especially if there are other people there.

hopefully to them understand that its ok that he's gay as long as he don't do anything to me

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Do you still make gay-jokes when they are around?

Do you get headaches, 'cause that's quite a load you're carrying!

How insensitive.

• ummm, no.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I have several gay friends. I've found out that some old classmates of mine were gay too. Never bothered me. As far as gay jokes go; I've never really cracked gay jokes before but I have been known to offend my gay friends because I can be quite candid with my opinions. Some are just easily offended and some aren't.

• "The cards tell me this post will not be a good look for Soulstrut"[/b]

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

"The cards tell me this post will not be a good look for Soulstrut, but you wouldn't trust a person with red eyes, would you?"[/b]

• loginlogin 52 Posts
    yea I'd prefer them to come clean, rather then hiding it.

i don't make jokes on them as who they are, but i'd make jokes that would hopefully make the situation less awkward, especially if there are other people there.

hopefully to them understand that its ok that he's gay as long as he don't do anything to me

Yeah thats cool but you don't walk around saying

Ohh I'm straight do you.

I understand why people keep there preference to themselves. If they don't wanna tell you then accept that and move on. If dude is gay he most likely knows that your not he's not gonna make a move on you. This is like the biggest Gay Myth ever until people get drunk.

If you really care get all your mutual friends together and behind dudes back talk all types of shit and eventually some one will break down and tell you that yes

"Your Diggin friend is gay. Don't go into dark sweaty basements with him ever again if you value your anal virginity. Gosh your such an unobservant person ever since you started spending all your time talking about music on the internet instead of talking to real people."

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Is this your business?

no.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Does anybody really give a fuck if a person is a homosexual?? I mean, come on. There's a whole bunch of other stuff that I'm concerned about and a person's sexual preference damn sure isn't one of them.

• There's a whole bunch of other stuff that I'm concerned about and a person's sexual preference damn sure isn't one of them.

• Does anybody really give a fuck if a person is a homosexual?? I mean, come on. There's a whole bunch of other stuff that I'm concerned about and a person's sexual preference damn sure isn't one of them.

Co-siggy. It's none of your business, and if you stop telling "gay jokes" alltogether, it won't be an issue...

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    If dude is gay he most likely knows that your not he's not gonna make a move on you. This is like the biggest Gay Myth ever until people get drunk.

I think dudes like to use the "as long as they don't do anything to me" line in order to establish the fact that despite being tolerant of gays, they are most certainly not a homosexual. It's completely unecessary and only makes the person uttering it look uptight.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    If dude is gay he most likely knows that your not he's not gonna make a move on you. This is like the biggest Gay Myth ever until people get drunk.

I think dudes like to use the "as long as they don't do anything to me" line in order to establish the fact that despite being tolerant of gays, they are most certainly not a homosexual. It's completely unecessary and only makes the person uttering it look uptight.
    And really insecure of their identity (sexual).

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    if it was a close friend i wouldnt mind knowing but beyond that i don't really give a shit because it's their deal

• Gee, it's been around for how long now...????

• You should fuck him in the ass, and if he gets a boner, then he's definitely gay.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    whoa