Magazine Subscription - Suggestions?

canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Hey, anyone have any recommendations on magazines. I'm lookin to get a subscription. I'm lookin into Wax Poetics, but Fader and Scratch look pretty decent as well. I need someone who will ship to Canada and I ain't afraid to give my credit card too (no fan zines ).I mostly need it for work, since I can't carry a laptop into the shitter and/or backroom for the pittance of a break they give me. Thanks!

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    unless you shit really fast I'd go with a magazine thats bi-monthly or weekly

4 wax poetics a year means you'll have memorized all the articles and still have a month to go before the next one arrives

• Isn't wax poetics going to come out 6 times a year from now on? Thought i read that somewhere..

• i just got some stuff off this site

i was looking for scratch as well, but no luck...they always have new shit though.

a href="http://
    [url=http://www.all-freemagazines.com">www.all-freemagazines.com]
    www.all-freemagazines.com[/url]

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    aren't most subscriptions like $1-1.50/issue in the US? At that rate I'd consider getting several mainstream magazines: Scratch is alright, Vibe is usually ok. Got Urb free with my last TTL order, didn't like it that much but I guess it depends on what genres you're interested in.

I was surprised to see two Soulstrut-related releases in the review section...

• Ahem, I can't forget to mention our little ol' magazine from down under. STEALTH MAGAZINE[/b]

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

STEP THAT GOSSIP GAME UP DOGGIES!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

XXL

• On the non music tip Believer Mag. is a good read. Always has some really interesting articles sometimes it gets a little too out for me, but I usually read it cover to cover when I get it. I have so much shit in my to read pile right now though I haven't read an issue in a few months.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

STEP THAT GOSSIP GAME UP DOGGIES!

wow that cover look like a parody - but it isn't. brits and kevs look crazy - they look like the types to freeze themselves for the future.

• JUDJUD 82 Posts
    Excellent bathroom reading!

Anyone else read this?

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

DAMN i still have the first two issues of Stealth...glad I kept them!

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Thanks everyone, I think I'll go with two subscriptions: Wax Poetics and perhaps Scratch or Fader gotta decide between both. I'm lookin at this Stealth mag too.

I wish subscriptions were $1.50, the wax poetics one is $50 for one year!

• https://www.anadynesystems.com/servlets/frhclientformdisplay?xr4=&formts=2005-02-24%2014:42:15.515001

Free Subscription to SYNC magazine. good time killer on the train ride or taking a dookie

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    XLR8R

• hey idiotproof, do you happen to have a stealth with a group from houston called lowerlifeform?? they are my friends and said they had an interview in there a few months back. i think they still need a copy, as far as i know no one in houston carries it.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I'm surprised nobody mentioned this mag...

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Commentary

• I'm surprised nobody mentioned this mag...

Huge Co-Sign. anything Rickey Powell related is worth it, and their monthly "duck hunt" collumn is hilarious. A good balance of humor with "we ain't trying to be to cool for school" attitude.

vapors
    complex
    and elemental (even though half the interviews are boring).

• personally, i like chocolatier magazine. its this magazine about chocolate and a bunch of foo-foo chefs and shit but the pictures are pretty good. plus chocolate is pretty good.

cutie & nonno magazine. its these japanese girlie fashion mags and yes i like womens fashion magazines. its all in japanese but there's all these girlie lil doodads and trinkets and shit and i like that crap. plus some of the models are kawaii. some of them look like martian tho.

sunset. doggz i dont care. i know this is a crap magazine for like suburban housewives and shit but i grew up on this shit. its got like corny recipes, ideas to do with your kids, how to build a porch and my favorite part, the travel section where they talk about good day trips in cali, or where's the best hiking, etc. the pictures are great but there arent enough of them.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I'm surprised nobody mentioned this mag...

Huge Co-Sign. anything Rickey Powell related is worth it, and their monthly "duck hunt" collumn is hilarious. A good balance of humor with "we ain't trying to be to cool for school" attitude.

vapors
    complex
    and elemental (even though half the interviews are boring).
    Damn, Vapors is still in production?

• Yo, I heard these online free things were scams. Has anybody ever gotten one or do they just give you tons of junk mail

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Isn't wax poetics going to come out 6 times a year from now on? Thought i read that somewhere..

Hasn't it always been bi-monthly?

• nope, quarterly.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I just subscribed to Scratch a few days ago. I will probably do Tablist, Fader and Wax Poetics too.

• Excellent bathroom reading!

Anyone else read this?

Just subscribed to this one on a friends recommendation.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    there's only a few you really need:

• dang rashied!

• I remember Guzzo mentioning this before; but if you search Ebay for magazine subscriptions, you can get almost any mag for like a couple bucks a year. I just subscribed to Mother Jones this way. Whiccch is a great magazine by the way.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

Co-sign on Tokion