Any Soundtrack that......

Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
.....that stand thanks to its funkiness like .....

worth to listen ?

Comments

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    Jerry Butler "Melinda" OST.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Black Fist
    Black Girl
    Patty
    Across 110th Street
    Willie Dynamite
    Savage
    Gordon's War
    Superfly

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

cheap, too!

• This record is EXTREMELY good. Jerk-psych-funk, Pierre Henry-style blips and glitches, and some braaks for your dawg P??p??. I know Loussier's done some other mindblowingly good OST work, but can't think of it of the top...

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
    Black Fist
    Black Girl
    Patty
    Across 110th Street
    Willie Dynamite
    Savage
    Gordon's War
    Superfly

mmhh........thanks a lot for the suggestions.....
    .....you know these last days I'm trying to head beyond the basics - mean the so called "blaxploitation" - to find some funk.........

for example,from a funk point of view, it's well known that the soundtrack for the first Dirty Harry movie is great..... any other "whitesploitation" ?

Black Fist
    Black Girl
    Patty
    Across 110th Street
    Willie Dynamite
    Savage
    Gordon's War
    Superfly

.....you know these last days I'm trying to head beyond the basics - mean the so called "blaxploitation" - to find some funk.........

for example,from a funk point of view, it's well known that the soundtrack for the first Dirty Harry movie is great..... any other "whitesploitation" ?

IS[/b] there a soundtrack to the first Dirty Harry? I never see one, I was under the impression that's why the 80's "Sudden Impact and Others" LP was so popular. I want an "Enforcer" soundtrack, but I'm pretty sure for some reason those early Dirty Harry joints didn't get released. www.blaxploitation.com actually has lots of non-"blaxploitation" soundtracks listed, like "Elektra Glide in Blue," etc.

Black Fist
    Black Girl
    Patty
    Across 110th Street
    Willie Dynamite
    Savage
    Gordon's War
    Superfly

IS[/b] there a soundtrack to the first Dirty Harry? I never see one, I was under the impression that's why the 80's "Sudden Impact and Others" LP was so popular. I want an "Enforcer" soundtrack, but I'm pretty sure for some reason those early Dirty Harry joints didn't get released. www.blaxploitation.com actually has lots of non-"blaxploitation" soundtracks listed, like "Elektra Glide in Blue," etc.

of course ..........the complete soundtrack has been issued for the first time on cd by Aleph (lalo 's label) http://www.dougpayne.com/aleph.htm ...highly recommended

IS there a soundtrack to the first Dirty Harry? I never see one, I was under the impression that's why the 80's "Sudden Impact and Others" LP was so popular. I want an "Enforcer" soundtrack, but I'm pretty sure for some reason those early Dirty Harry joints didn't get released.

of course ..........the complete soundtrack has been issued for the first time on cd by Aleph (lalo 's label)

no offense, but "of course" and "just released for the first time" don't really go together in response to the question of if there was a soundtrack to the film...maybe I should have said "original LP soundtrack at the time" or something, but that's what I assume people to be thinking...isn't that CD you are talking about a re-recording, and not the original music from the film? Does anyone know if there were ever OST LP's for "Dirty Harry" "Magnum Force" and "The Enforcer??" I have only ever seen the "Sudeen Impact and..." and the "Dirty Harry Anthology" recent UK 2 LP...

IS there a soundtrack to the first Dirty Harry? I never see one, I was under the impression that's why the 80's "Sudden Impact and Others" LP was so popular. I want an "Enforcer" soundtrack, but I'm pretty sure for some reason those early Dirty Harry joints didn't get released.

of course ..........the complete soundtrack has been issued for the first time on cd by Aleph (lalo 's label)

no offense, but "of course" and "just released for the first time" don't really go together in response to the question of if there was a soundtrack to the film...maybe I should have said "original LP soundtrack at the time" or something, but that's what I assume people to be thinking...isn't that CD you are talking about a re-recording, and not the original music from the film? Does anyone know if there were ever OST LP's for "Dirty Harry" "Magnum Force" and "The Enforcer??" I have only ever seen the "Sudeen Impact and..." and the "Dirty Harry Anthology" recent UK 2 LP...

my "of course" meant something like "well" . .pardon my english......
    if you talk abt LP... it's never been issued and probably will never be...

..if you are still interested to hear the original soundtrack(mean all the tracks recorded for the movie - mean THOSE SAME tracks you hear in the movie, not re-recording shit) that cd it's the deal.

hope i gave some help

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    any other "whitesploitation" ?

Schifrin's "Bullit" and "Enter The Dragon" are both funky in spots(Bullit more jazzy)...check "Hell's Belles" and "Vanishing Point" OSTs for some funky, almost country-funk joints.

Oh, and this:

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Are you asking if there are any soundtracks as funky as Shaft in Africa? This post confuses me...

Are you asking if there are any soundtracks as funky as Shaft in Africa? This post confuses me...

mmmhhare right.......you know I started the post with "Shaft in Africa" in mind but then after the first reply irealized that probably I covered most of the blaxploitation "territory" yet ,

so I could rename the post

"up to your knowledge, is there any soundtrack that has funk-as-hell tracks like the ones in shaft in africa, besides the obvious blaxploitaton ones ?"[/b]

cheers

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    ahhhh....

"On Any Sunday" comes to mind...

ahhhh....

thanks, unfortunately, I got it yet.......and so the aforementioned schifrin soundtracks like "bullitt" and "enter the dragon".......maybe we are heading in the "OBSCURE SOUNDTRACK" field ?

ahhhh....

thanks, unfortunately, I got it yet.......and so the aforementioned schifrin soundtracks like "bullitt" and "enter the dragon".......maybe we are heading in the "OBSCURE SOUNDTRACK" field ?

Nah, those are not really 'rare', maybe kinda spendy though. But I guess a definition of non-blaxploitation 'funk' is required. Are you looking for breaks or just funky OST stuff?

ahhhh....

Nah, those are not really 'rare', maybe kinda spendy though. But I guess a definition of non-blaxploitation 'funk' is required. Are you looking for breaks or just funky OST stuff?

.........no breaks required.......I just like that kind of big band funk that movie scores ,back in the day, often provided......

the "on any sunday" ost and "electra glide in blue" ost are along the lines of what I'm lookin for.....

any other name that maybe I am not aware of ?

check "Hell's Belles" and "Vanishing Point" OSTs for some funky, almost country-funk joints.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    The Gator OST is kind of a one tracker but damn if that isn't a dope track. Czech it out. Oh and the A Hero Aint Nothin but a Sandwich ost has a nice cut as well.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    check "Hell's Belles" and "Vanishing Point" OSTs for some funky, almost country-funk joints.

that vanishing point has one fuckin BURNER

that vanishing point has one fuckin BURNER

I myself like the Jerry Reed number best, but 'Super-Soul Theme' is probably what heats up folks 'round these parts. Good classic rock rounds it out, and a nice sleeve too.

Speaking of Jerry Reed, for "whitesploitation'-related stuff, check "East Bound and Down", which doubles as a Jerry Reed solo LP and the "Smokey and the Bandit" OST. Country funk for a country mile.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    is super soul theme the long psyched-out burner? thats the one i like. that shits wild

is super soul theme the long psyched-out burner? thats the one i like. that shits wild

Now yer gonna make me go dig it out when I get home from work, I am thinking that the 'Super Soul Theme' is more of a funky chase. Trying to remember the cut you are referring to. Have you seen the film? A must see bleak 70s car chase(pretty much invented the genre 'existensial car chase film')flick. Put it on a triple bill with "Electraglide in Blue" and "Two Lane Blacktop".

• spcspc 534 Posts

cheap, too!

I love that soundtrack, I think that's his best work.

thanks for the suggestions..........here the soundtracks I have so that may you can add some other to recommend ...this list also include some limited edition cds and some not straight funk ones but always 70's cool ost

Across 110th Street,
    Bare Knuckles
    Black Belt Jones
    Black Caesar,
    Black Mama White Mama
    Blacula,
    Brannigan !
    Breakout !
    Brother on the Run,
    Bullitt
    Cleopatra Jones,
    Coffy,