A Scary Movie For This Weekend?

2»

Comments

• I'm the opposite -- Tale of Two Sisters: good, Session 9: kinda
    I still say "Audition" takes the cake for sheer creepieness.

yes audition is a great film, but i think iam getting tired asian horror thing, they are starting to repeat themselves, i think thats why two sisters didnt do much for me, visually it was great but the story was weak

did anyone see ring 2, now that was a pile of shit (except for the deer part)

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Matthew Barney(bjork's sig. other)-- The Cremaster -- series is playing (one per ) day at the Walker in MPLS. I challenge you to find anything more bizarre/beautiful/eerie for this weekend.

Yes, if the deal ==

Not many people want to watch a 6 hour art film about testicles on halloween. That being said, it is quite stunning. Plus there's some boobies.

I recommend:

TALE OF TWO SISTERS

Korean film, and (if that's applicable). It's newish too, so most likely heads haven't seen it yet. Scope the cover:

PLEASE TO EXPLAIN THE CREMASTER ==

PLEASE TO STEP UP YOUR GRAMELIN GAME, DOOD.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    but i think iam getting tired asian horror thing, they are starting to repeat themselves, i think thats why two sisters didnt do much for me, visually it was great but the story was weak

i watched the other night:

good creepy post hippie odditty.. killer synth score by Wlater Sear too.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

session 9 was a huge disappointment for me - so much potential given storyline and location, but NOTHING HAPPENED! i wanted to like this film so much, but was left pretty high and dry. creepy is good, but there's gotta be some follow through, no?
    some beautifully creepy moments - but all in all, i needed more.

you are cruisin for a brusin

tee hee!

OK - i know i'll get ridiculed for this - but this film was amazing, don't let the title fool you. the pacing was magnificent, by the time they reveal the monsters, you're hooked. the storyline was smart and it was creepy and gorey in all the right ways. try it out!

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

PLEASE TO EXPLAIN THE CREMASTER ==

PLEASE TO STEP UP YOUR GRAMELIN GAME, DOOD.

I'm just bustin' your balls, homie. The Cremaster is on some art shit, not some spookie Halloween shit. Are you gonna rock Stark Reality if the people want to hear James Brown ?

Don't get me wrong, the Cremaster is dope if you're into testicles.

OK - i know i'll get ridiculed for this - but this film was amazing, don't let the title fool you. the pacing was magnificent, by the time they reveal the monsters, you're hooked. the storyline was smart and it was creepy and gorey in all the right ways. try it out!

I've been told by many that Dog Soldiers was heat. Co-Sign from the hype.

• session 9 was a huge disappointment for me - so much potential given storyline and location, but NOTHING HAPPENED! i wanted to like this film so much, but was left pretty high and dry. creepy is good, but there's gotta be some follow through, no?
    some beautifully creepy moments - but all in all, i needed more.

you are cruisin for a brusin

tee hee!

no ridiculin here, it was a good movie for the budget, they are making a sequel i heard somewhere, on the werewolf tip iam waiting for cronenbergs' (sp?) werewolf movie skin walkers (or something like that)

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Sure, fine, whatever. But how does that =

That's all I'm askin'.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    is this the one where she's in bed and all those hands come out of the mattress?

Sure, fine, whatever. But how does that =
    Emo rap is the closest thing to pretensious art I could find amongst the graemlins. In all seriousness, I enjoyed some of the cremasters. It's just so easy to make fun of

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    On of my girlfriend's favorite scary movies is Pig, a short, silent pseudo-snuff film by Rozz Williams.

Oddly enough, the Americanized The Grudge with Sarah Michelle-Gellar creeps her out the most. Go figure.

• Tale of 2 sisters was almost good, but in the end it was just confusing. when a movie is confusing, critics like to say "it makes you think." but no, its just some confusing shit. "makes you think" is such a goddam cop out for people who are afraid to say "Uh... I don't get it... what the fuck just happened?"

Anyways, for EDGE OF YOUR SEAT madness, I recomend "Wrong Turn". Its about these people that get stranded on some backwoods road and get hunted by crazy inbred psycho hillbilly cannibals! I thought it was gonna be cheesey, but it was intense as hell!!!!! Some people call this the worst movie ever, but they are smoking crack because this is the first movie in a long time that scared me.

The first 2 Halloween movies are GREAT, but I'm sure you've seen those.

• Anyways, for EDGE OF YOUR SEAT madness, I recomend "Wrong Turn". Its about these people that get stranded on some backwoods road and get hunted by crazy inbred psycho hillbilly cannibals! I thought it was gonna be cheesey, but it was intense as hell!!!!! Some people call this the worst movie ever, but they are smoking crack because this is the first movie in a long time that scared me.

diz have you been to west virginia, shit is really scarey, its kinda like the king kong ride at universal studios but instead its a wrong turn/deliverence ride the size of a state

• Anyways, for EDGE OF YOUR SEAT madness, I recomend "Wrong Turn". Its about these people that get stranded on some backwoods road and get hunted by crazy inbred psycho hillbilly cannibals! I thought it was gonna be cheesey, but it was intense as hell!!!!! Some people call this the worst movie ever, but they are smoking crack because this is the first movie in a long time that scared me.

diz have you been to west virginia, shit is really scarey, its kinda like the king kong ride at universal studios but instead its a wrong turn/deliverence ride the size of a state

SWEET! I've never been!

Anyways, for EDGE OF YOUR SEAT madness, I recomend "Wrong Turn". Its about these people that get stranded on some backwoods road and get hunted by crazy inbred psycho hillbilly cannibals! I thought it was gonna be cheesey, but it was intense as hell!!!!! Some people call this the worst movie ever, but they are smoking crack because this is the first movie in a long time that scared me.

shit! this reminds me of a film but i can't remember the title. it's a family in a car and they stop for a woman in white standing in the middle of the road, holding a baby, but the baby is dead. it's a mom, dad, daughter and her boyfriend and smart-ass son. there's a scene where the son goes to smoke dope in the woods and he ends up getting smoked by the lady in white (in more ways than one). there is a recurring black hearse and they just never get anywhere and get killed off one by one...some overhead shots of the road in between thick thick wood - arg! what's this film called? it's pretty good...

• is it 80's or 90's or 00's

is it 80's or 90's or 00's

2000's and everyone in it is vaguely familiar - do you think you've seen it?

Barber Shop?

is it 80's or 90's or 00's

Barber Shop?

close, but no.

Barber Shop?

close, but no.

?????????[/b]

?????????[/b]

yes! that's it! good jump in your seat moments, funny, kinda dirty - so good!

• Its about these people that get stranded on some backwoods road and get hunted by crazy inbred psycho hillbilly cannibals!

Sounds like the same plot as "The Hills Have Eyes", but switch backwoods with desert.

This shit thoroughly creeps me out.

• Hands down "Prince of Darkness" by John Carpenter......... First 30 mins is like "this shit ain't scurry" then BAM!!!! a psychological mind fuck!!!!

~Crates