A Scary Movie For This Weekend?

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I haven't had a chance to do any Halloween-related stuff, but I at least want to see a freak-out flick this weekend. I'm thinking about going to see Saw II[/b], anyone familiar with the first one? Was it any good? What other movies are you going to check out in the spooky holiday spirit?

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I saw SAW I with DJ Anna and I tried not to look at the scary/bloody parts. It was good, more "fun" scary than scary scary, if you know what I mean.

dunno about #2 though, sorry this post is of no help I bet

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    First one was good, except the acting was terrible, really terrible.
    I just hope that they stepped up the acting on part 2.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Matthew Barney(bjork's sig. other)-- The Cremaster -- series is playing (one per ) day at the Walker in MPLS. I challenge you to find anything more bizarre/beautiful/eerie for this weekend.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I saw SAW I with DJ Anna and I tried not to look at the scary/bloody parts. It was good, more "fun" scary than scary scary, if you know what I mean.

That's exactly what I'm looking for. My lady doesn't even want to go - I had to convince her. She covers her eyes and hides her face on my shoulder when the scary parts come on. I almost had to rip her from my sweater during The Ring II, like "YOU CAN LOOK NOW!" Opening night is always the best night for any movie, too.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    Watch a classic: The Omen

Freaks me out everytime...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    First one was good, except the acting was terrible, really terrible.

I just hope that they stepped up the acting on part 2.

i doubt it, it has that crazy bitch from Becker again ...id tap though....

That's exactly what I'm looking for. My lady doesn't even want to go - I had to convince her. She covers her eyes and hides her face on my shoulder when the scary parts come on. I almost had to rip her from my sweater during The Ring II, like "YOU CAN LOOK NOW!" Opening night is always the best night for any movie, too.

Haha, so I'm analogous to your ladyfriend now, radd.

Opening night bugs me now, too many fany families and lil kids spilling drinks. Ugh.

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    Saw is weak...

Check House of 1000 Corpes, or the new jawn by Rob Zombie

Zombie the OG itailian joint is good..

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    *****[/b]

It wasn't that scary though. Well, maybe it would work.

• *****[/b]

You liked it? I saw it with S**** this weekend and we though it was alright. It started out well, but ended up sort of lame, we thought. It had been hyped up to us as an increadable movie which I think gave us high expectations. The philly accents were really bad.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Ya'll folls are sleeping. You NEED to watch ALL the classic films of the sick ass Italian horror film master, DARIO ARGENTO! This dudes movies are CRAZY!!!!!
    Wifey got me into his movies, she saw all the classics as a kid in Japan. These are some of my favorite movies! His camera work is incredible. Crazy crane shots, overhead shots, all that. DOPE soundtracks by Goblin. Suspiria, Tenebrae and Deep Red are REQUIRED VIEWING peoples! These are all available on DVD in the U.S. and Europe.

http://www.darkdreams.org/

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I haven't had a chance to do any Halloween-related stuff, but I at least want to see a freak-out flick this weekend. I'm thinking about going to see Saw II[/b], anyone familiar with the first one? Was it any good? What other movies are you going to check out in the spooky holiday spirit?

http://jesgrew.blogspot.com/2005/10/halloween-treats-most-entertaining.html

Some suggestions here from yers truly
    all video/dvd, though, nothing out right now worth yer $$

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    The Changeling
    Carnival of Souls

Cosign, Argento makes me scared.

• Oh yeah, your girlfriend might like this one its funny enough to not be really scary. My girlfriend is not allowed to hold the remote when something is scary, because she will turn it down or change the channel during every suspenseful moment.

• Post deleted by deepbrnt

• Hands down the creepiest movie I've seen.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Matthew Barney(bjork's sig. other)-- The Cremaster -- series is playing (one per ) day at the Walker in MPLS. I challenge you to find anything more bizarre/beautiful/eerie for this weekend.

Yes, if the deal ==

Not many people want to watch a 6 hour art film about testicles on halloween. That being said, it is quite stunning. Plus there's some boobies.

I recommend:

TALE OF TWO SISTERS

Korean film, and (if that's applicable). It's newish too, so most likely heads haven't seen it yet. Scope the cover:

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Word to whoever recommended Suspiria. Is there an OST for that? The soundtrack was dope!

• yo that movie kinda sucked...

drew if ya wanna get scarred watch this...

best creepy horror movie since the shining

Weird, you're of not very many who didn't like that movie.

Oh well, Session 9 is dope too... and Canadian. I believe it was the first major release to be shot soley on digital (they pushed it out fast (ayoooo!!!) to get it out before star wars). I could be wrong.

• Weird, you're of not very many who didn't like that movie.

Oh well, Session 9 is dope too... and Canadian. I believe it was the first major release to be shot soley on digital (they pushed it out fast (ayoooo!!!) to get it out before star wars). I could be wrong.

i mean it was ok, but i heard hype on it, and it didnt live up to it, at least for me

session 9 was shot in boston as far as i know

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

yo that movie kinda sucked...

session 9 was a huge disappointment for me - so much potential given storyline and location, but NOTHING HAPPENED! i wanted to like this film so much, but was left pretty high and dry. creepy is good, but there's gotta be some follow through, no?
    some beautifully creepy moments - but all in all, i needed more.

session 9 was shot in boston as far as i know

Me ==

IMDB agree's with you. Damn video store had a Canada sticker on it!

• session 9 was a huge disappointment for me - so much potential given storyline and location, but NOTHING HAPPENED! i wanted to like this film so much, but was left pretty high and dry. creepy is good, but there's gotta be some follow through, no?
    some beautifully creepy moments - but all in all, i needed more.

you are cruisin for a brusin

this is prob my fav film of the last 5 or 10 years, you were disapointed by the ending? this is one of the very few times when an open ending did well in my opinion, and i loved the last line from the tape at the end

• jgissjgiss 42 Posts

yo that movie kinda sucked...

I'm the opposite -- Tale of Two Sisters: good, Session 9: kinda
    I still say "Audition" takes the cake for sheer creepieness.

Speaking of Argento, anyone seen "The Card Player?" It was released under "Il Cartaio" originally.

Audition made me not get funky with the Japanese ladies for about a minute. Especially if they had burlap sacks lying around.