Alice Russell appreciation thread.

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Girl is one of the only newer soul artists that I can really stand and she's been killing it for the past year or so. I'm really bad at describing shit, so I'll just post up a few songs for people who haven't peeped her work yet.Quantic Soul Orchestra - Pushin' On (featuring Alice Russell)Alice Russell - High Up On the Hook Quantic - Sound of Everything (featuring Alice Russell) Alice Russell - Hurry On Now (featuring TM Juke)

Comments

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    hell yeah!

and this one is real dope:

http://www.breakinbread.org/BNB019.htm

dont have an mp3 tho. you guys:

buy the record!!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Yeah, I definitely need that in my life. I picked up some 12" this weekend with the acapella for Pushin' On, but I don't even think I'm going to try anything with it since I can't possibly match the original.

• Cosign on all of the above,She does a 'not too shabby' version of '7 nation army', as well.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Yeah, I definitely need that in my life. I picked up some 12" this weekend with the acapella for Pushin' On, but I don't even think I'm going to try anything with it since I can't possibly match the original.

Yeah I got that one too, thinking I was going to do something with it, but came to the same conclusion. I was just listening to the latest album this morning with wifey. Solid.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    hell yeah!

That's a really nice cover. Reminds me of Meiso.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Shorty kinda cute, to boot:

• Yep, she's fresh as a just baked muffin.
    I'm playing at this event in a few weeks in Sydney. Saw her last year with QSO. Was fantastic.
    The Bamboos will be posing as the QSO once again.. Only Will Holland is coming, but dude is off hook.
    Mad Mats is also coming repping Raw Fusion/Gamm label.

• she lives across the road from me, i'll pass on my regards from you all next time i see her, she is a very talented young lady - paul

• Alice Russell is great...

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    she lives across the road from me, i'll pass on my regards from you all next time i see her, she is a very talented young lady - paul
    tell her if she wants to get married that she can live in hawaii with me

• hell yeah!

!

that one kills. Played it at every gig since I copped it.