who's not embarrassed to cop to being a frat boy

mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
i started college at gwu, where i hated on all my friends who joined frats.then i transferred to berkeley and joined a frat some of my HS homies were in. kappa sig for life, frat or die batches! jk.berkeley sorrority gals are much better looking than the co-op ladies. that, plus a lot of free booze.

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    i started college at gwu, where i hated on all my friends who joined frats.

then i transferred to berkeley and joined a frat some of my HS homies were in. kappa sig for life, frat or die batches! jk.

berkeley sorrority gals are much better looking than the co-op ladies. that, plus a lot of free booze.

The entire Greek system is wack. Go to school and study.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    frats are ok w/ me. i didn't join one but i bet plenty of struters did. lets see who's brave enough to fess up...

• my frat experience lasted about 20 minutes...I was at a rush party and this dude told me "you know, if you wanted to pledge, you'll have to cut your hair", I laughed and said, "I dont think I would cut my hair for a frat"(not knowing shortening fraternity to "frat" is a bad thing) dude looked at me like I just told him I cornholed his mom...I left shortly thereafter. Actually I hung out more with the brother's frats...they had more fun...Nupes and Alpha Phi Alphas...those were some parties...

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    just to clarify...
    long hair and free speech, including the word "frat", was fine by my house, and frats like this are completely ridiculous.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i'm sure there are some wonderful people who are frat members - that shit is for life right? - but straight up - they scare me.

• I went to a community college, but I doubt I would have been in a frat had I been at a University. That's just me. Maybe i woulda joined Mecha or something, but as much ball I played in the park, I was never a jock type.

• berkeley sorrority gals are much better looking than the co-op ladies.

but berkeley co-op ladies are way more fun. trust me I have extensive experience in both.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Reprazent Theta Chi at Santa Clara University

Not ashamed at all, in fact it was pretty awesome... that is until we got booted from campus my junior year. We weren't a meathead frat at all and no one took it very seriously so it was fine. There were only 4 frats and 2 sororities. It was a great way to meet people, but the best were the events. Mixers with sororities, date events, formals, etc. A lot of my friends now were in my frat and the other frats too. There wasn't too much exclusivity. Good times y'all... no need to knock the whole system, it's different at every school.

So hey Big Chan... you can do both homie. I managed to graduate early with a very technical degree even while running my own business I started as a sophomore and made the cover of entrepreneur magazine as a senior. Work hard, play hard.

Now somebody make me a frat boy graemlin!

DJ Ferrari

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    . that, plus a lot of free booze.

um, don't you pay a shit load of member fees for all that "free" booze?

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    My inability to understand web-space is the only thing keeping me from posting a pic of Skeeter and DP from ATHF.

"Dude. My dad owns a dealership!"

• phi psi represent

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    when I went to UNLV I was asked several times to join Alpha Episolon Pi (the Jew frat)

I got kind of excited and had visions of John Belushi type crazy shit in my future, then I called my hippie sister and told her the news.

Her response "All fratmembers are rapists"

I decided not to pledge

• Reprazent Theta Chi at Santa Clara University

Not ashamed at all, in fact it was pretty awesome... that is until we got booted from campus my junior year. We weren't a meathead frat at all and no one took it very seriously so it was fine. There were only 4 frats and 2 sororities. It was a great way to meet people, but the best were the events. Mixers with sororities, date events, formals, etc. A lot of my friends now were in my frat and the other frats too. There wasn't too much exclusivity. Good times y'all... no need to knock the whole system, it's different at every school.

So hey Big Chan... you can do both homie. I managed to graduate early with a very technical degree even while running my own business I started as a sophomore and made the cover of entrepreneur magazine as a senior. Work hard, play hard.

Now somebody make me a frat boy graemlin!

DJ Ferrari

yo I was about to say "paging DJ Ferrari" when I saw the title of this post!!! something about those pics of yourself you posted a few weeks back sorta confirmed it. no offense. rep your house, brother.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

berkeley sorrority gals are much better looking than the co-op ladies.

but berkeley co-op ladies are way more fun. trust me I have extensive experience in both. [/b]

Nice pun.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

berkeley sorrority gals are much better looking than the co-op ladies.

but berkeley co-op ladies are way more fun. trust me I have extensive experience in both.

troooo
    co-op parties always got freeky deeky. no shit, every one i went to or heard about always turned into an orgy. but it wasn't exactly the type of orgy you would want to join...

• berkeley sorrority gals are much better looking than the co-op ladies.

troooo
    co-op parties always got freeky deeky. no shit, every one i went to or heard about always turned into an orgy. but it wasn't exactly the type of orgy you would want to join...

everytime I went to a party at loth-lorian I got subtly asked as to whether I wanted to "get naked." shit happened to me like three times. I would always politely decline and then eventually get wierded out and leave. why did I keep going back to those shits? not sure why I did a lot of stuff back in college. for real though mostly castro and casa z ho's is who I'd mess with...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    my schools greek system is RIDICULOUS. im in my third year at indiana university and id honestly say its a greek campus whether the artsy kids want to believe it or not. when you walk to class all you see are uggs, big sunglasses and bmw suvs, its scary but true. i never tryed to join one, and i never will, i am good friends with people in the greek system and there are definately cool people, but overall the image they portray and the shit i hear on a daily basis, mixed with the attitudes most of the people involved hold, just aint my thing. but hey im at a big ten, midwest campus, so i guess thats expected....right?

HOLLUR AT THE JERSEY SLUTS!

• We used to crash Berkeley frat parties, drink the beer, smoke the weed, and get in fights with the meatheads.

Then I went to college

And I went to NYU where frat culture is virtually nonexistent and yes that was part of my decision.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    yo I was about to say "paging DJ Ferrari" when I saw the title of this post!!! something about those pics of yourself you posted a few weeks back sorta confirmed it. no offense. rep your house, brother.

Haha! Yeah, I imagine those pics would give me away! Although now that we're out of college, it's more of an Old School type thing going on

DJ Ferrari

• I was a FIJI at Penn State. Pledging was some crazy shit .
    I lived in the house for a year, it was nice having parties all the time and having your own cook, but I moved out when I realized most of my friends were outside of the frat.

• I went to Emerson College in Boston where frat life was close to nonexistant. There was this one frat that threw some of the worst parties ever. They would have tons of beer and only let a 30 pack out per hour, cus they didn't want too many people there. Needless to say i used to enjoy clowning all of them and then fuck something up in their frat house.

• i started college at gwu, where i hated on all my friends who joined frats.

then i transferred to berkeley and joined a frat some of my HS homies were in. kappa sig for life, frat or die batches! jk.

berkeley sorrority gals are much better looking than the co-op ladies. that, plus a lot of free booze.

But for real Chan don't you wanna join up with these cats?
    I know I'm down with the movement.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

But for real Chan don't you wanna join up with these cats?
    I know I'm down with the movement.

We used to do shows with them all over the state in the late 80s. The hommies Attitude Adjuster and PLB are from the East Side of Tacoma. Those were some good times. Mix-A-Lot, High Performance and Criminal Nation shows. Nastymix posse folls! We did shows in Yakima, Sunnyside, Longbeach, Bellingham, Tacoma, Seattle, Olympia, etc. We used to roll DEEP cause High Performance and Criminal Nation were all from Tacoma. We'd roll with a 15 passenger van and two Blazers. We were doing a show in Yakima one time opening for Young M.C. at the height of his popularity. One of Young M.C.s dancers started acting tough at the venue during the sound check and told one of the cats in our crew to get off the stage. Young M.C.s dude looked like he was gonna start a fight and next thing dude knows he's surrounded by like 20 hommies from Tacoma Hill Top! That was comedy. Dude said he was sorry and started acting real cool real quick! Those 80s Hip-Hop shows were hella comedy mane.

• coming from an engineering school (colorado school of mines), the party scene there was almost non-existent. as the freshman the greeks were the only game in town. consequently, i ended up joining sigma phi epsilon, which was pretty cool for the first two years. definitely not your stereotypical frat. after two years, the frat got into some serious shit over underage drinking which messed everything up. all sorts of new rules and restrictions. at that point it just wasn't worth it anymore. i wasn't really into the whole paying for brotherhood thing. i just wanted to meet chicks and party. fortunately, university of colorado was just up the road...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    There was a sizeable Greek presence at my college, but it didn't dominate the social scene--one could easily go for four years and have negligible contact with the Greeks. But I decided to be fair and not prejudge and actually go to a couple frat parties to see what they were about before I started clowning. So I went. They were everything I thought they would be, which is to say stupid, lame, and kinda skeevy. When I was po', I DJed a couple--and felt horribly unclean for days afterward.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    I DJed a couple at rutgers in a basement--and felt horribly unclean for months afterward.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I used to judge sorority bikini contests. Those girls are freaky. Bondage, Anal beads. Some crazy shit. The frat/sorority mixers are like orgies...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

when were you at gwu?

i heard schnipper rushed SAE.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

i heard schnipper rushed SAE.

SWEET!