Dele Abiodun his top hitters international

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
picked up one of his 80s LPs today and there is a really cool psychy groover on it..good shit...wondering what his 70s stuff is like, with the 80s stuff sounding like this, perhaps the 70s shit is even better...what ya'll know about this dood?

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

This is from 1979 I think. Really amazing. Can front on the Gauchos and the knee boots.

This site is the shit if you're into this kinda stuff.

African Heat

• I like his records. I've got three, all eighties though. One, "Adawa Super Sound" has a funk track - Adawa Super Dub. One other "Oror Ayo" (no ayo) has some cool synth thrown in. Nice juju music.

Good one. I've bought a whole pile of highlife and juju records recently (Amsterdam headz know the deal) and I need to educate myself.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

Good one. I've bought a whole pile of highlife and juju records recently (Amsterdam headz know the deal) and I need to educate myself.

would love to do some trading if there's anything in there i can use. i haven't been on the prowl lately for stuff for the collection but would love to have some new tunes.

Dele Abiodun is great! one of the top juju players in the late 70's / early 80's- and his stuff is great. Juju in its own right is highly tripped out, the guitar work is always the highlight, very off kilter, tons of effects, sort of unlike anything else.

plaese send me dele abiodun & his top hitters. i want.