Mike Westbrook- Hype or Not?

lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I recently visited a shop that had Metropolis and Solid Gold Cadillac- S/t, for $20 a pop. I haven't checked his stuff before. Is it any good? Did the obligatory popsike check, but I don't want to buy these to sell, I want to enjoy.

Comments

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    I recently visited a shop that had Metropolis and Solid Gold Cadillac- S/t, for $20 a pop. I haven't checked his stuff before. Is it any good? Did the obligatory popsike check, but I don't want to buy these to sell, I want to enjoy.

buy metropolis and if you don't like i'll buy it off you, i need i need...

don't know anything about solid gold cadilac, but metropolis has at least one great modal track on it

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    dude cop those and flip for $100+ profit

• don't know anything about solid gold cadilac, but metropolis has at least one great modal track on it

Yup. A friend of mine played me some tracks from his "marching songs" 2lp....

Yup. A friend of mine played me some tracks from his "marching songs" 2lp....

does he have the toy soldier cover 2lp set or the crayon drawing covers?

• Yup. A friend of mine played me some tracks from his "marching songs" 2lp....

does he have the toy soldier cover 2lp set or the crayon drawing covers?

The toy soldier one. Very reminiscent of the artwork by those brothers which bruned down last year.

Are those the same 2lp or different alltogether? i know "love songs" has a crayon cover as well

The toy soldier one. Very reminiscent of the artwork by those brothers which bruned down last year.

Are those the same 2lp or different alltogether? i know "love songs" has a crayon cover as well

well i have the toy soldier one, and parts one and two were released seperatly with covers like this...

and as you can see they were also combined with the above cover

i have heard the whole metropolis album and didn't like a whole lot of it except for the one modal waltz track the rest was

love songs lives up to the hype, it is a really good record all the way through, "original peter" is insane

• MrSeanMrSean 57 Posts
    "Metropolis" has one nice but short track I remember, I dont recall "Solid Gold Cadilac" being any good though. Keep a lookout for "Love Songs", that's his best album imo. "Celebration", his first LP, is excellent also. "Marching Songs (Vol 1 & 2)" was issued as a double in the US but as separtate LPs in the UK.

• MrSeanMrSean 57 Posts
    Keep a look out for the rare UK Deram (promo only?) 45 version of "Original Peter", better than the LP version.

• Keep a look out for the rare UK Deram (promo only?) 45 version of "Original Peter", better than the LP version.

Care to share?

Keep a look out for the rare UK Deram (promo only?) 45 version of "Original Peter", better than the LP version.

which version of original peter was on giles' impressed comp?

• MrSeanMrSean 57 Posts
    Gilles' Impressed compilation includes the LP version.

Gilles' Impressed compilation includes the LP version.

so there is one better than that

• MrSeanMrSean 57 Posts
    I just have the Love Songs LP version of Original Peter myself, I knew of the existence of the 45 a while ago but always thought it was just the same track or an edited version of what's on the LP. But when I finally got to hear the 45 I swear it was a totally different (better) take.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    aybody see that nfl highlight where washington redskin michael westbrook was beatin stephen davis' ass in practice a few years back? i didnt think so.