PREDICTIONS FOR JAY-Z'S NEXT ALBUM

2»

Comments

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Showing love or capitalising?

Why do you act like they're exclusive?

In the case of "Big Pimpin'," giving a look to a group whose biggest album--then already four years old--had only gone gold was hardly an intuitively money-making move for a multiplatinum rapper.

Jay has been able to capitalize on a lot of different trends and movements within rap because he is a scholar of the schitt, and nobody that doesn't love it studies it as closely as he does.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    I expect some more of this

if he ever records another album.

somebody bring back that i'm a biter not a writer mp3....

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    I expect some more of this

if he ever records another album.

somebody bring back that i'm a biter not a writer mp3....

but i still got love for jay....

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I think that people will always be down for some new shit by him, since no one has really stepped up to the plate and taken his spot.

[sarcasm]Not even this dude?

[/sarcasm]

• puchitopuchito 374 Posts
    Why should anyone really care? Last time I checked the only people who listened to Jay-Z were junior high kids, frat boys, and baby's mamas. As far as I am concerned
    (and a lot of other people) if Jay-Z died tommorow of aids, it would be too soon. I mean it's jay-z?? what kind of clown ass shit are you expecting?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Why should anyone really care? Last time I checked the only people who listened to Jay-Z were junior high kids, frat boys, and baby's mamas. As far as I am concerned
    (and a lot of other people) if Jay-Z died tommorow of aids, it would be too soon. I mean it's jay-z?? what kind of clown ass shit are you expecting?
    yea dude its not that real shit and wishing aids upon that not real shit is super cool

yea dude its not that real shit and wishing aids upon that not real shit is super cool Oh, sorry it was not meant to be taken literally. Here I'll re-phrase, if he died
    tommorow of the killer bird flu I think it would be too soon. Eat some asian chicken jay-z....grrrrr!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    if you wish death upon someone cos you don't like dude's raps, i hate to see how it would be if someone actually did something to you

if you wish death upon someone cos you don't like dude's raps, i hate to see how it would be if someone actually did something to you

Tell it to your therapist johnny emotions.

It's Jay-z here.

• Jay is better than you.

Jay is better than you.

Okay, Okay. He is. I hope you are happy now. You big jerk!

• Now post your physical address.

• You are a very argumentive fellow, aren't you? I was just asking questions. Relax yourself, please settle down. You are bordering on disrespicfellatin', hommie. I am serious about that.

Can we get a "Don't Make Me Put Bass In My Voice" graemlin?

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    he he he

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Next Album will be Death Star Pimpin'

• So basically I was right and Phill was wrong

• if its anything like his impersonation of lil wayne on brooklyn go hard, he can keep that shit.
    JAY IS BITING LIL WAYNE SOOOOOO HARD. GET OFF HIS DICK, HES A FRAUD.

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts

Man this guy has quietly been putting in work as king of the soulstrut dumb fucks for a few years now. Puchito, your work in the Elliot Smith and Cypress Hill threads is top notch as well. Keep up the good work.

So basically I was right and Phill was wrong

Jonny... tell me how my ass taste

i have NEVER been wrong in any soulstrut poast i have ever poasted (not counting football predictions, of course) and i DARE you or anyone else to provide the ghostbump to prove me wrong

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Despite the fact it's bound to contain some more weak-ass Chris Martin shit (Jay is opening for Coldplay at Wembley next summer, fight fans), a new Jay record remains a must-check at the absolute minimum. Kingdom Come wasn't really up to snuff, but there was enough "my swag goes up to eleven" type shit on the American Gangster album to have me thinking he'll be fully-focused and taking no prisoners on this next one.

• So basically I was right and Phill was wrong

i have NEVER been wrong in any soulstrut poast i have ever poasted (not counting football predictions, of course) and i DARE you or anyone else to provide the ghostbump to prove me wrong

I kind of skimmed this thread last night, so if you were talking about Kingdom Come you were most definitely correct that it was teh wack. Also, I agree you were right about the levels of garbation in the game. HOWEVER, I think in 2009 you can see that a lot of cats are going for it lyrically. A lot of underground "real schitt" influence is creeping back in and records like that are not only getting made but actually getting some shine. And if we were talking about American Gangster, well I think that record was on par with anything Jay's ever done (except maybe Blueprint and Reasonable Doubt). So.... personally... IMHO.... I am right, on points, TKO FTW!

So basically I was right and Phill was wrong

I kind of skimmed this thread last night, so if you were talking about Kingdom Come you were most definitely correct that it was teh wack. Also, I agree you were right about the levels of garbation in the game. HOWEVER, I think in 2009 you can see that a lot of cats are going for it lyrically. A lot of underground "real schitt" influence is creeping back in and records like that are not only getting made but actually getting some shine. And if we were talking about American Gangster, well I think that record was on par with anything Jay's ever done (except maybe Blueprint and Reasonable Doubt). So.... personally... IMHO.... I am right, on points, TKO FTW!

point out to me the specific thing i said in this thread that was wrong. can't be done. hey, i love Hov as much as anybody (well... except some folks with overly stan-ish qualities maybe)... i was never even really debating in this thread, just asking what other people's opinions were more than anything. i understand that some soulstrutteurs in the past have liked to challenge my olden style wisdom to gain some sort of a plume in their helmet... i don't mind this, just always remember that you are dealing with the true and that God is on my side... not yours.

btw, how's everything with the store, hommie? i am trying to make it a point to get my azz back to NYC this year, so i will most def try to come thru (even though i don't buy records anymore)

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    My question is: how do you think it will be received and how successful do you think it will be?

Well received and lukewarm success.(The streets didnt care even if it went Plat)

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

Man this guy has quietly been putting in work as king of the soulstrut dumb fucks for a few years now. Puchito, your work in the Elliot Smith and Cypress Hill threads is top notch as well. Keep up the good work.

Hehehe...

• calkutacalkuta 160 Posts
    has anyone heard that Victory track supposedly off of Blueprint 3? it is horrible!! and i actually like Jay-Z

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Hehehe...

• as i said in my prior post, jay is now at the point where others are influencing him ( weezy wants his shit back ) where as it used to be the other way around.
    seems while hes still relevant...hes not influencing anybody anymore.