Weekend Finds? RR I GUESS

124»

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    the following is all thrift/flea market purchases-- 25 cents to a dollar each---

the one above is by a angola, africa musician named urbano de castro. he was assasinated by the colonial rule government of portugal in the late 70s. the music is awesome, funky --he was part of the angola semba scene , which was like the cross mix of brazilian/portuguese smaba and african rythms with some american funk influence on this cut.

that one up there is a hot italo electro cut test press!

dimples d!!!

the following were from the record revival. didn't buy too much, tried to keep my purchases on the lower end.

didn't notice until well after i purchased it--but the lou donaldson "everything i play is funk" was autographed--

the compilation record w/ the ugly cover i found for 2 bucks. it is a dc punk comp from 82--except i got the wrong one--i got the comp that the label (limp) did in 1980--but that's ok--it's probably better--it's got bad brains!

• Plaese to send "El Malo" to NYC

• Monday digs for me was.....

Afrique - soul makossa (trade copy)
    Pete Rock & CL Smooth - Searching 12" Promo

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    went up to New Paltz with my wife today. we came back with three of these:

Dude, you went to New Paltz and didn't hit the Gunks? For shame! It's hard to beat New Paltz for good beer and better climbing. There's even a record store in town. One of things I miss the most about Montreal is having the Gunks five hours away.

A very heartfelt

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    What happened to Karlophone? I miss his mega-finds pictorials.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    yeah I saw that...it's also sold for considerably less than that, but still $10 well spent I think since it's in great shape. I'm guessing I'm gonna like it and keep it though.

make sure it's the uk press.

had no idea that record was worth money. i've passed on it at least three times over the years- all three times in detroit.

never liked how it sounded either.

can't stand most prog.

anyway... continue on....

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

Cachao - Cuban Jam Sessions in Miniature

without disrespect to all the other nice titles:

this one is

one of my favorites.

which press?

• plaese to send to Memphis plaese...I NEED this.

• Cachao - Cuban Jam Sessions in Miniature

without disrespect to all the other nice titles:

this one is

one of my favorites.

which press?

black Panart

• went up to New Paltz with my wife today. we came back with three of these:

Dude, you went to New Paltz and didn't hit the Gunks? For shame! It's hard to beat New Paltz for good beer and better climbing. There's even a record store in town. One of things I miss the most about Montreal is having the Gunks five hours away.

A very heartfelt

Word. SUNY New Paltz graduate right here (class of '96). Anyone else on the board an alumni? My homie Jason West runs shit over there now (literally, he's the mayor).

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

Dude, you went to New Paltz and didn't hit the Gunks? For shame!

it was raining. otherwise we'd have been up on those Gashildagunks

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    yeah I saw that...it's also sold for considerably less than that, but still $10 well spent I think since it's in great shape. I'm guessing I'm gonna like it and keep it though.

make sure it's the uk press.

had no idea that record was worth money. i've passed on it at least three times over the years- all three times in detroit.

never liked how it sounded either.

can't stand most prog.

anyway... continue on....

Yeah I definitely got the US press...it's cool though because sure enough I dig it big time...like early ELP with much sicker drums.

• chasechase 767 Posts

and a peck of these:

damn, brings back crazy memories from when I used to live like 15mins from there.. this time of year is when I really miss it the most..

• sold records at the philly record revival. made about $300 and blew it all haha. last one marta acuna-dancedancedance got it out diggin and cost 20 cent sealed, was going for as much as $350 at one time. prolly have to flip it. all are og, couple i upgraded to og status so if anyone needs a reish holler. oh and totally got snaked by bowser at the record show on a couple killer braizilin psych pieces because i didn't have 200 bones in my pocket at the time.

Ohhh. That Chrysalis is a great fucking record.

• Hal Blaine - Psychedelic Percussion

I alwyas wondered about that one. Is it really that nice. It quite expensive at the moment. Is it still Jazz or does Hal Blaine really play Psychedelic music? Is it an instructional LP?

It's definitely Psychedelic music. I'd post a couple tracks but the sound isn't the greatest since the record was a little scratched.

Instruments used:
    Drums, Gongs, Bird Calls, Wind Chimes, 1/4 Tone Xylophone, Whole Tone Xylophone, Cratale Bells, Tree Bells, Siamese Gongs, Chinese Gongs, Flexitone, Radocchia-phones, Gammalone Gongs, Steel Drums, Electric Vibe-Verb, Glockenspiel, Emil-Echolette, Stone Chimes, Japanese Sho, Electric Organ, Celeste, Beaver Electric, Modulation Apparatus, Contra Bass Drum, Conga Drums, Bongo Drums, Mexican Shakers, Brazilian Shakers, Tambouro, Bamboo Chimes, Pistol(!), Gloss Chimes, Christmas Sleigh Bells, Tubular Chimes, Rhymes Chimes, Buggy Whip, Wobble Board, Whistles, Tympani, Bean Bags(!), Castinets, United States Navy Gas Alarm, Electric Novachord, Traumatonium, Sub Bass Canary, Clavinette, Sub-Contra Bass Canary, Electric Harpsichord, Band Box, American Tambourine, Blaine Tom-Tom-Timbales, Vibra-Fuzz Tone, French Taxi Horn, Tahitian Pooee Lee Sticks, Latin American Cow Bells, German Harpsichord, Klaxton Horn (Country Ford Motor Co.), Train Whistles.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

If you can't see it, the top left is that first Nina Simone, Keith Jarrett is upgrading to mintness, which you have to do when it's sitting at a flea market for $2. All these were from the very last stall I hit at a fleamarket on the weekend, I thought it was gonna be a waste of an early morning but found these nestled amongst stacks of country & Cliff Richard lps at this last stall, all were $2 ea. Still kinda a waste of time but at least I found something.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

Dude, you went to New Paltz and didn't hit the Gunks? For shame!

it was raining. otherwise we'd have been up on those Gashildagunks

Ok, you're excused. Man, how i miss the 'dacks, the catskills, and the gunks. i hope you guys appreciate how good you have it.