Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Some nice stuff came into the shop yesterday. Pleasant surprises

Comments

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    I'm broke.
    No records for me.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    89 views and 1 post? Y'all making me mad. I'm not posting my finds until I see a few more of you step up. This thread should be poppin' off. JP even kicked this one off, come on!!!

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

And a new stylus from Jerry Raskin's.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    found one of these today (for a dollar)

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4028231467

not in top condition though...

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    found one of these today (for a dollar)

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4028231467

not in top condition though...

whats the music like on it?

• This is what i came up with

Tommy Broman - Really funky Swedish instrumental LP with some dope breaks and nice flute by Bj??rn J:son Lindh (spare)

Terje Rypdal - What comes after LP on ECM fantastic jazz, just discovered this record - found it cheap compared to what my friend paid for it.

Osanna LP great Italian prog that uses classical music and a nice flute funk thing. A nice find, only heard the 45 form the album earlier.

Mellow Candle - Swaddling Songs LP OG.....nah, well the OOP reissue, even this have gone for around 70$, the OG once went for almost 3000$ Nice UK acidfolk. (Spare)

Astrud Gilberto & with Turrentine LP on CTI Astrud teams up with the CTI folks, nice one

Elis Regina & Toots Thieleman - Elis & Toots LP sweden only bossa/latin LP
    (spare)

Wind - Make Believe LP some good funky drumming going on.

Francy Boland - Fellini 172 LP OK jazz, was only 10 SEK = $1,5

A nice day for shopping

this is the second time ive caught this, i sold the first one, i'll probably sell this one too although its far from mint, its vocal psychrock, theres a bit of (rock)funkiness here and there, also some mellow moments....i like psych records but for me this is not a keeper.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

SEALED +

Phyllis Hyman sings IN A SENTIMENTAL MOOD

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    This is what i came up with

Astrud Gilberto & with Turrentine LP on CTI Astrud teams up with the CTI folks, nice one

Nice one! I like it a lot!

this is the second time ive caught this, i sold the first one, i'll probably sell this one too although its far from mint, its vocal psychrock, theres a bit of (rock)funkiness here and there, also some mellow moments....i like psych records but for me this is not a keeper.

also found the boogieman eats frikadeller 2lp by natdamperen, its a trade copy...and its dope!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• this is the second time ive caught this, i sold the first one, i'll probably sell this one too although its far from mint, its vocal psychrock, theres a bit of (rock)funkiness here and there, also some mellow moments....i like psych records but for me this is not a keeper.

also found the boogieman eats frikadeller 2lp by natdamperen, its a trade copy...and its dope!

How do you like the cover? pretty bucked out;)

I also have two copies of this:) it is suppose to be their rarest. They made two others....a self/titled and and the third one was called visions or something like that.

Only downside to boogieman.....is that it sounds like a live recording and the equipment was in the other end of the room. Maybe an upside to somebody I don't know?

Some of my finds....

-Cox Orange - Same
    -Near mint copy of the Baby Huey LP but I had to pay!
    -Ekseption - Windmirror with pick up the pieces
    -joe thomas - Flash .....on same label as James Mason. can't remember how to spell it now.

How do you like the cover? pretty bucked out;)

I also have two copies of this:) it is suppose to be their rarest. They made two others....a self/titled and and the third one was called visions or something like that.

Only downside to boogieman.....is that it sounds like a live recording and the equipment was in the other end of the room. Maybe an upside to somebody I don't know?

yeah i know what you mean
    heres a bit of boogieman:

http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=13Q6I9OHVQ59V31AYJAXAXP3EX

psychfusionjazzrocksteez!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I found quite a few sealed Light label and assorted Christian LPs at the thrift today, but these are the ones I took (some at least for the covers)...

The one on the top left is Chicago-based folk rock which includes jazz guitarist Ron Steele. The one below it is an anti-Vietnam War choir deal. The one with the blue wave is spoken word radio spots that say things like "The Bel Air Presbyterian Church presents to you a man walking to a store to buy a Bible" or "Jose is an outlaw who put down his gun to pick up a Bible and learn about Jesus"

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    no pictures, but I picked up:

Donny Hathaway Live, which I'm listening to right now,
    Lonnie Liston Smith - Expansions
    Black Sheep - Non Fiction
    Cotton Comes to Harlem OST - unf. this is the 1980 "MCA Classics" pressing.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

• Record Ray! That dude had HEEEEAAT when I checked him up here.

• Drew Ski:

Did you like this? I found a re-issue for a buck (meh) and was thinking it was going to be that heat but I just ended up rather dissapointed. I'd figure I'd ask for your input because I think you have one the better musical tastes on the board.

I found a bunch of cool records for cheap this past week (whattup jinx). Most notable the little boy blue record for a buck (kinda beat but plays) and this music minus one joint that Day hipped me to like 7-8 years ago that I finally found.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

nice! cost you much?

and Electrode, if you dont want that Jonathan and Charles, i'd be interested in trading for it.

not much this weekend

Breakwater-S/t

Jimmie Spheeris-Isle of View

in the mail:

Walter Zuber Armstrong-Alpha and Omega(private spiritual jazz facemelter)

Whole Darn Family-Has Arrived(bongo version)

Record Ray! That dude had HEEEEAAT when I checked him up here.

You know it, man. He had all kinds of mess!! But this, and a $1 Delfonics LP where all that I could finance today. Pictures and a breakdown of the show coming tomorow...

nice! cost you much?

Definitely below market value. Not an arm and a leg, but enough for me to call it a day at that point.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    is the vinyl nice?

is the vinyl nice?

So, I was searching for a crafty to say "minty" and came across this. ???

This is for sure one record I wouldn't having a bit of grit to it, however.

Reminds me of home.

• Reminds me of Ray's ass-acne.

GNARLS

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Nice find. I've been wanting that.

• how's that Le Cop Le Roc joint paycheck?

today i got:

Gi Gi "Daddy Love" 45 on Sweet
    Thunder and Lightning "Bumpin' Bus Stop" 45 on Private Stock
    Jimmy Cliff "Synthetic World" 45 on Beverlys...Jimmy Cliff covering my fave Swamp Dogg tune!?
    Tommy McCook & the Supersonics "boys and girls reggay" / "love was all i had" 45 on Treasure Isle

Dj Food "jazz brakes" vol 1. lp on Ninja Tune...very nice comp with 24 Carat Black.

Tribe 2 "What I like" 12" on Celluloid...electro joint similiar to the fab 5 freddy "change the beat". french/english lyrics too.

Marvin Gaye "what's going on" lp...white label promo copy!

Johnny Hodges and John Coltrane lp on Impulse...nice rainy fall listening.

Al Green "still in love with you" lp...couldn't pass up a dollar copy.

• how's that Le Cop Le Roc joint paycheck?

It's really really good man. Both sides are great.

• kind of a boogie joint?

• kind of a boogie joint?

I don't know all of your newfangled subgenres!

It's just really good disco.

• you need to be up on these subgenres sine you have a store!

boogie...disco post-1980 or so...you know it when you hear it.