NY Heads: What it do this weekend?

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I just came into town on a last minute trip. It was sort of job-hunt-related but long story short it fell through. Staying with a buddy of mine in Park Slope. What goes on this weekend?Any Strutters around?Y'all "the Rub" folls throwing a Sat night gig?

Comments

• i was kinda wondering the same thing myself cuz i'll be in the city this weekend as well. in any case, if you're staying in park slope you should stop by the park slope chip shop at 5th & 6th for some good eats yo. only thing i know for sure this weekend is pete rock spinning at table50 at bleeker & broadway. you can't go wrong with that.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I'll be in Philly and VA. Rich Medina is @ Triple Crown 2night, I believe.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    dj spinna is playing a party tomorrow night. tribute to james brown and the meters. i'll probably find my way there.

check it out

• I stay in Crown Heights which is just on the other side of the park from where you are staying. we got a hot little digging spot over in my neighborhood if you wanna link up...

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    I just came into town on a last minute trip. It was sort of job-hunt-related but long story short it fell through. Staying with a buddy of mine in Park Slope.

What goes on this weekend?

Any Strutters around?

Y'all "the Rub" folls throwing a Sat night gig?

nah. the next rub is halloween - saturday october 29. i'm at BAM Saturday night doing this Brazillian dance performance afterparty but I think it is private and maybe even dressy.

Friday (tonight) there is a Baltimore Club party with Low Budget & Aaron LaCrate that I'm going to. It's going to be realy fun, if you like Bmore Club. that's at:
    Luke & Leroy
    21 7th Ave. South
    West Vill, NYC

• Aaron LaCrate

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Friday (tonight) there is a Baltimore Club party with Low Budget & Aaron LaCrate that I'm going to. It's going to be realy fun, if you like Bmore Club. that's at:
    Luke & Leroy
    21 7th Ave. South
    West Vill, NYC

um I'll be at this shit too assuming I can convince my friends that b-more house isn't "house" like low lighting $12 grown people shit.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

i'm at BAM Saturday night doing this Brazillian dance performance afterparty ...

grupo corpo? when is that?

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    i have to be there at 8. the party is from 9:15 until about 1 AM. PM if you want me to try to put you on some sort of guestlist...

It is the afterparty for Daniela Mercury's show

Brazilian techno/samba/pop diva Daniela Mercury is one of the most prominent singer-songwriters to emerge from Latin America in a generation.

Born in Bahia, where she???s known as the Queen of Ax?? (her native music), Mercury got her musical start as a teenager singing bossa nova in nightclubs. Soon she became the reigning star of the trios el??tricos, bands that perform on flatbed trucks during Carnaval. Next came her flourishing solo career, and big hits showcasing her unique fusion of samba, reggae, rock, pop, house, drum???n???bass, dub, and rap.

http://www.bam.org/events/06CARN/06CARN.aspx

she's pretty fit though:

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

I'm going to come to this!

• I'm going to come to this!

I'll be dude in blue cords flossin a beard handin out crunk promos.