I got my Funk Lexicon Book Invoice today. You?

idiotproofidiotproof 880 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Thanks Pete. You're a pro...I'd better send some $$$ off quick smart...Funky & Groovy Music Records Lexicon[/b">a href="http://imageshack.us]

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    So what can I expect as far as content in this book? Just titles and album covers? Are there articles or is it just a reference guide.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    'bout to PayPal my $100

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    dawg. $96???

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    dawg. $96???

Yeah.. it's a bit painful. But seeing that I do slang records on the side, it'll be a good companion. A lot of blood, sweat and tears went into this thing.

• I just paid for my ishhhhh

• getting ready to pay tomorrow when my lasy paycheck from my last job comes in. definitely looking forward to it.

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts
    dawg. $96???

and dude's got ebay shipping prices.

• ^^ Nah man, the dude has been pretty much working on it by himself for a few years. It's a mammoth task with a limited print run. I give him props for his effort & dedication. The previous edition was swapping hands for 4 times the amount. Besides many would glady pay that amount & more for just one record on Ebay. Or getting pissed on the weekend.

...and welcome to the world of ordering shit from overseas.

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    got mine....will put in an order tomorrow as well

• I'm copping one too....

• It's a mammoth task with a limited print run. I give him props for his effort, dedication and quality [/b]

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    I've already emailed Peter, but am I the only one who hasn't heard from him yet? I'm listed as a contributor, and I'm sure I've sent in a reservation in the past......damn. I feel so left out.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    got it....

• Yup Peter is the MAN!!!!!

Lookin forward to mine gettin here.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    got it....

So, how is it...?
    I've received the invoice but I can't buy it now.

• Sorry if not all received an email. Most of the reservations I didn't replied to only recorded them. So all those should have received an email by now. Some mails were returned due to different mail failure like unknown user, mailbox full and more. Also some might not yet have received the announcement by email as I only mailed out to those who I have received an explicit reservation. And not to forget I may :-( simply have mixed up some addresses.

Thanks to all the positive feedback I've already got in advance. I've got to go now and look that dealing with the orders make progress :-)

Peter

PS) send me an email and I return with the details I've sent to all others :-)

I've already emailed Peter, but am I the only one who hasn't heard from him yet? I'm listed as a contributor, and I'm sure I've sent in a reservation in the past......damn. I feel so left out.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Hey, there's gonna be a new edition of the color version, right? How much is that gonna be and when is it going to be out? If my pockets can stand it i think might hold off on the b&w book and just cop the full color.

(or just live with all these low-res color pages i downloaded off of the site years ago)

• Hey, there's gonna be a new edition of the color version, right? How much is that gonna be and when is it going to be out? If my pockets can stand it i think might hold off on the b&w book and just cop the full color.

(or just live with all these low-res color pages i downloaded off of the site years ago)

No, I'm pretty sure it has turned into a B/W version from now.
    So you might as well be waiting for a disabled lesbian black president along with it. (to the PC police: no racial/sexual/impairment insult meant)

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    Sorry if not all received an email.

No worries! I'm paid up now

• First big pile of lexicon books has been sent off Oct 28th, to all who's payments have arrived until Oct 27th. THANKS! Delivery can last 10-18 working days to USA/CAN (depending on custom), so you know when you can expect it to arrive. Sent all registered/insured. Best, Peter

• First big pile of lexicon books has been sent off Oct 28th, to all who's payments have arrived until Oct 27th. THANKS! Delivery can last 10-18 working days to USA/CAN (depending on custom), so you know when you can expect it to arrive. Sent all registered/insured. Best, Peter

"I've sent out the invoice for the reserved/subscribed new lexicon book (black & white edition 2005) to all on Oct 20th. According to a couple emails I've got now, it seems that many have not received that email (maybe because it had an attachment with the payment-instructions or the included picture may have be the problem). I will send a new email, sorry to those affected by the delay caused by this problem."

Peter