I feel very badly for foxy brown

mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
to give your life to making music and then lose nearly all of your hearing is truly tragic...Foxy Brown is suffering from severe hearing problems. "I started breaking down in tears and screaming and I couldn't even hear myself scream," the femcee told People Magazine. Foxy is apparently going to stop touring and work in order to face surgery for these recent problems. Foxy won???t say what the cause for the hearing loss is, but says she will rhyme again. The problems date back to May 23 when she says she couldn???t hear a sound. " I ran outside to my truck and honked the horn. Nothing. I ran back inside and dialed a number on the phone. Nothing. Then I started breaking down in tears and screaming and I couldn't even hear myself scream. That's when I knew there was a problem." After seeing Foxy, Dr. Anil Lalwani stated, "Her case is severe." Foxy suffers from sudden and severe sensorineural hearing loss. Although not too many people have this, (only 1 in 10,000) it is known that the condition is mainly caused by viral infection. According to reports, the rapper made the condition worsen after trying to hide the hearing loss in hopes that medication could help restore everything. Foxy also added that she had been deaf for four months without speaking out.The problems have also hurt her recording sessions. According to Foxy, Jay-Z said her new stuff was ???ridiculously loud??? and that it didn???t sound ???normal.??? After others in the studio claimed ???This is crazy loud,??? Foxy asked them to turn it up. However, they couldn???t turn it up any louder.Through the turmoil, Foxy remains optimistic. She is prepping a new album and hopes to be fine after surgery."I know God is working on me," she says. "I'm on a personal journey. I believe God wants to be the only voice I hear right now. I know I will be all right."http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/print/t.sitellite_news/id.3603are they serious with "femcee"?

Comments

• damn

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    yes they are.

and that is sad.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

that is sad.

• I bet I'm not the only one on this board who is worried about hearing loss. I don't think I will get a viral infection, but I also haven't ponied up for those fancy earplugs for when I've got my ear pressed up against the monitor for 4 hours. Sometimes I can't hear right for hours after a gig.

I hope foxy gets her hearing back, that's terrible.

Sorry to say but once you lose your hearing, it's gone for good.

• I bet I'm not the only one on this board who is worried about hearing loss. I don't think I will get a viral infection, but I also haven't ponied up for those fancy earplugs for when I've got my ear pressed up against the monitor for 4 hours. Sometimes I can't hear right for hours after a gig.

dude, you need to stop that pronto. that shit is not gonna be kosher in the longrun...

I bet I'm not the only one on this board who is worried about hearing loss. I don't think I will get a viral infection, but I also haven't ponied up for those fancy earplugs for when I've got my ear pressed up against the monitor for 4 hours. Sometimes I can't hear right for hours after a gig.

dude, you need to stop that
    pronto. that shit is not gonna be kosher in the longrun...

For real....

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    to give your life to making music and then lose nearly all of your hearing is truly tragic...

Foxy Brown is suffering from severe hearing problems. "I started breaking down in tears and screaming and I couldn't even hear myself scream," the femcee told People Magazine. Foxy is apparently going to stop touring and work in order to face surgery for these recent problems. Foxy won???t say what the cause for the hearing loss is, but says she will rhyme again. The problems date back to May 23 when she says she couldn???t hear a sound. " I ran outside to my truck and honked the horn. Nothing. I ran back inside and dialed a number on the phone. Nothing. Then I started breaking down in tears and screaming and I couldn't even hear myself scream. That's when I knew there was a problem." After seeing Foxy, Dr. Anil Lalwani stated, "Her case is severe." Foxy suffers from sudden and severe sensorineural hearing loss. Although not too many people have this, (only 1 in 10,000) it is known that the condition is mainly caused by viral infection. According to reports, the rapper made the condition worsen after trying to hide the hearing loss in hopes that medication could help restore everything. Foxy also added that she had been deaf for four months without speaking out.
    The problems have also hurt her recording sessions. According to Foxy, Jay-Z said her new stuff was ???ridiculously loud??? and that it didn???t sound ???normal.??? After others in the studio claimed ???This is crazy loud,??? Foxy asked them to turn it up. However, they couldn???t turn it up any louder.

Through the turmoil, Foxy remains optimistic. She is prepping a new album and hopes to be fine after surgery.

"I know God is working on me," she says. "I'm on a personal journey. I believe God wants to be the only voice I hear right now. I know I will be all right."

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/print/t.sitellite_news/id.3603

are they serious with "femcee"?

one of my worst fears. that and my further deteriorating vision.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    after surgery, foxy regained like 20% of her hearing.

i bet within 20 years this will not be true

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

The problems have also hurt her recording sessions. According to Foxy, Jay-Z said her new stuff was ???ridiculously loud??? and that it didn???t sound ???normal.??? After others in the studio claimed ???This is crazy loud,??? Foxy asked them to turn it up. However, they couldn???t turn it up any louder.
    funny sad.

• Ive been experiencing mad hearing loss in my left ear lately,funnily enough it is the very ear i used to monitor/headphone with all the time.

Definately gotta get it checked out, this thread has prompted me for sure.

feelin for foxy!!.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    I don't go out without a pair of these:

I stopped deejaying in clubs, because of hearing problems and tinnitus. That shit ain't no joke.

• The problems have also hurt her recording sessions. According to Foxy, Jay-Z said her new stuff was ???ridiculously loud??? and that it didn???t sound ???normal.??? After others in the studio claimed ???This is crazy loud,??? Foxy asked them to turn it up. However, they couldn???t turn it up any louder.
    funny sad.

You your online persona is a piece of shit

• NutsNuts 44 Posts
    I got myself a pair of custom made earplugs. They cost you a bit, but that's a small price to pay for hearng after 35.
    They have a pretty linear frequency cutoff, so everything just sounds about 15db lower. You can also get earplugs with built in monitor. Some, like mine, have removable filters (so you can change the amplitude cut).

• Sad...but did they actually use the word femcee[/b]????

• spcspc 534 Posts
    I got myself a pair of custom made earplugs. They cost you a bit, but that's a small price to pay for hearng after 35.
    They have a pretty linear frequency cutoff, so everything just sounds about 15db lower. You can also get earplugs with built in monitor. Some, like mine, have removable filters (so you can change the amplitude cut).

I also got those and the lost them 3 weeks later. 165 EURO gone

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    [

one of my worst fears.

no schitt. mine too.

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts

Well not really, I had the same thing happen to me over a year ago.. I had a high fever and head cold and woke up one morning hearing nothing but ringing in my ears with my right ear I couldnt hear anything. They gave me steriods and antibiotics to help my ears drain, I had fluid blocking the ear drums. Eventually it sorta of cleared up, with me losing 35% in my right ear and 15% in my left ear, and I live with a constant ringing in both ears. They say a virul infection can set off years of hearing damage due to djing and just loud sounds.

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    The custom made earplugs are tight but damn near impossiable to dj with in a club, unless you get the in plug monitor ear piece... and then it takes quite a while to get used too.

I rock the -10db and they are pretty nice..

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    if you regularly can't hear right after a gig it's time to invest in some damn plugs or time to stop spinning out (as much).

i've struggled with hearing issues in the past and my heart goes out fox. it pains me to even think about waking up one morning like that. one of the most devestating things that can happen to a music fan.