Heading Back To New Orleans Tomorrow

aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
It will be my first time back in 7 weeks. I am bringing 5 gallons of water, 1 pound of trail mix, 3 apples, 2 dust masks, my camera, 20 moving boxes (records are already boxed, still on the 3rd floor stairwell of an apt. building) and a 10' moving truck.i will stay in my apt. which i imagine will smell awful but it is intact- not so much as a broken window. my plants died though. i'm sure the fridge will be pretty damn gross. three nights in the city to pack, load, tie up loose ends, drink as much alcohol as i can til curfew. Then straight back to Texas (i still can't believe i am moving to fucking texas.... no offense to native texans). not bringing a digital camera but hopefully can take some photos with my old trusty nikon (we've been together for 8 years). if all goes well perhaps i'll have some to scan and post up on the board for your viewing. the only problem is that mobility will be an issue as a Penske truck will be my only vehicle on this voyage and i'm paying .20 per mile (ouch... that's approx. 1100 miles round trip, you do the math and don't forget i pay a daily rate on the truck too).now you know where all those set sale $$$ are going. now i'll head to sleep so

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    stay safe homie

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    A*i, I have nothing but the best wishes for you. It must be tough having to start life somewhere else at the drop of a dime like that. I admire your positivity. Good luck hommie.

• Good luck man. Things will get better over time I'm sure, and Texas will grow on you. Lotta digs at least.....keep that dust mask ON when packing up your place, no telling what craziness has formed as dust.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    take care, and post some photos when you get back..

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    A*i, I have nothing but the best wishes for you. It must be tough having to start life somewhere else at the drop of a dime like that. I admire your positivity. Good luck hommie.

A*i,
    Let me echo Tsega's sentiments. I can't imagine. Please let us know if there's anything you need. Be careful and good luck.

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Good luck Ari. Hope everyting works out for you. Now I've got an excuse to visit Texas!!!!!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Good luck Ari!

• NuggsNuggs 14 Posts
    Ari-

Good luck with everything, I hope the apartment is not too bad off. I hope all goes well.

R

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Good luck Ari!

Downside, Texas, upside I hear there's records in Texas.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Good luck man.

What you're going through is damn near unfathomable to me.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    stay safe homie

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    A*i, I wist you the best of luck. I'm glad you can get your recs and get going in TX, but I'll always remember the good times in New Orleans.

I hope everything goes smoothly and "mold city" treats you well on this trip. Watch out for that long stretch between TX/LA.

Sip some Abita for me,

Mark

• Good luck man.

I second that,

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Good luck man.

I second that,

I third that.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    good luck
    see you in austin next week

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I can't say anythingdifferent than anyone else here but I think I speak for others when I say that many of us wish you a safe trip and the positivity to carry on well.
    I never met you but you seem like a truly good person and your outlook on life after recent events only helps to solidify that beleif.
    I admire your courage though this all. good luck with everything

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    If you need some time off traveling to and or from on your trip remember your more than welcome to crash on my couch as long as need be. Hell at least call me when you buzz through town and let me buy you lunch.

In my book everyone on here should know that this man called me out of the blue during Rita and gave me his hotel room to stay at whlie he was out of town. Amazing act of faith.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Thanks for the words people.

CNN is saying i can smother my face in powdered sugar at cafe du monde. the news is so silly.

a long few days ahead. but spirits up, yes.

remind me to send you my new forwarding address, so you can send your raers.

don't rag too hard on while i'm out of town.

Thanks again.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Good luck, Ari - be safe!!! All the best.

• Best of luck Ari. I wish there was something I could do to help.

• A*i, I have nothing but the best wishes for you. It must be tough having to start life somewhere else at the drop of a dime like that. I admire your positivity. Good luck hommie.

Aleit, i couldn't have said this better myself. power be with you...

p.s. i received the Grant Green record yesterday from your set sale- sounds beautiful. thanks, its highly appreciated!!

edit: SABADABADOOOOOOO!!

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Ari, for what it's worth, my sister's apartment was completely untouched and virtually without mould. Hopefully your place will be the same. Best of luck!

• You mean it's not all coffee and powdered sugar?

Good luck homie.

PS: got that package you sent. Good stuff!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Good luck man, and try to not let hard times get you down. Good things can come out of the worst situations.
    Peace
    T.N.

• Good luck dude (move to nashville!!!!) Ito ditto the rest of the thread - if you need anything.....

• Best wishes, Aleit man...hope things go smoothly down there homie.

• Options
    My thoughts are with you, Ari. Wish I could be there to help.

Kevin in Canada.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Tse, didn't you do just that? Plus you could teach classes on positivity.

Ari, good luck. And listen to Tse, he has a lot to teach.

Dan