Pics from your dj gigs..............

2»

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    CHECK ME OUT!

ok, so this is some gig at some dude's loft back in sf and me and my main man did our thing for a while then at the end of the night when they were kicking everyone out, we found their karaoke machine and it was on.

check out all them fools cleaning up in the background. and my boy ugly #2 looks like he's pushing out a fart. haha!

see that chick? i think she's getting hell of pissed that we're still fucking around but hey we played records for free. anyways, they never asked us to play at one of their gigs again. but that's ok cuz we rule.

Loosie in ya ear....Shig, you is a thug for real. Plus, the honies is in the building....

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    For a night on the town, it seems vertical bands are still the shirt style of choice for most men, including these clubgoers in the Meatpacking District. When most guys in New York want to get lucky, they wear the ???Stripey.??? You know Stripey. It???s the goofy-looking shirt that has become as basic as a pair of socks. Key characteristics: somewhat fitted, vertical lines, the top two buttons undone. Worn with jeans that are just the right level of tightness, not loose enough to scream ???Gap!,??? not tight enough to scream ???Gay!??? Two years ago the Stripeys were daring. Invigorating. A funky alternative to the stale look of black pants and Banana Republic. But now it???s everywhere. The Stripey has monopolized the clubbing wardrobe, assaulting the city with a fashion blitzkrieg, the likes of which we haven???t seen since the Trucker Hat.

I seriously can't tell the difference between gay guys and frat boys at all anymore.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    For a night on the town, it seems vertical bands are still the shirt style of choice for most men, including these clubgoers in the Meatpacking District. When most guys in New York want to get lucky, they wear the ???Stripey.??? You know Stripey. It???s the goofy-looking shirt that has become as basic as a pair of socks. Key characteristics: somewhat fitted, vertical lines, the top two buttons undone. Worn with jeans that are just the right level of tightness, not loose enough to scream ???Gap!,??? not tight enough to scream ???Gay!??? Two years ago the Stripeys were daring. Invigorating. A funky alternative to the stale look of black pants and Banana Republic. But now it???s everywhere. The Stripey has monopolized the clubbing wardrobe, assaulting the city with a fashion blitzkrieg, the likes of which we haven???t seen since the Trucker Hat.

I seriously can't tell the difference between gay guys and frat boys at all anymore.
    Are they they the same????

• I seriously can't tell the difference between gay guys and frat boys at all anymore.

it's that whole 'metrosexual' movement.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I don't care what movement it is, everybody in those pictures looks like they're all subject to a dress code. I'm not comfortable with looking the same as everyone else and paying a premium for it as well.

• The one girl chugging the bubbly has mad forearm hair.

• Damn young Scene is really looking real Hollywood!! I'm clowning his ass when I see him.

I wouldn't have even noticed that was Scene.
    Good eye Jake.

But you know I don't even think that is DJ Scene he's way to REAL for that, I seen that dude spin and his name is "DJ Brian" he's the offical DJ for Banana Republic. Ha,ha,ha... Naw, I'm just playin Scene's cool, cause we all got dress up once in a while. Specially if it's appropriate for the gig or occasion. You know get that papurrr.

But clowning his ass is definetly inline.

• This is the kinda gigs I been up to.

You know a fashion show or two. This one was dope cause I was playin all grooves. Imagine models walking to "Cherchez la Femme" and "90% of Me is You". Nuff said.
    Wifey has been workin with the marketing materials. She's got extra dope design.

Check it out.

HOLLAR

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I know some of you post pics from your gigs. Maybe we can do it weekly like weekly digs? It's just interesting to see as pics do tell a story. Here is a link to the pics from my gig last Friday.

http://www.jivephotography.com/Element3/

Looks like a horrible place to play out. I bet they only had the 2 bottles of Moet, that they just carried round all night.

• For a night on the town, it seems vertical bands are still the shirt style of choice for most men, including these clubgoers in the Meatpacking District. When most guys in New York want to get lucky, they wear the ???Stripey.??? You know Stripey. It???s the goofy-looking shirt that has become as basic as a pair of socks. Key characteristics: somewhat fitted, vertical lines, the top two buttons undone. Worn with jeans that are just the right level of tightness, not loose enough to scream ???Gap!,??? not tight enough to scream ???Gay!??? Two years ago the Stripeys were daring. Invigorating. A funky alternative to the stale look of black pants and Banana Republic. But now it???s everywhere. The Stripey has monopolized the clubbing wardrobe, assaulting the city with a fashion blitzkrieg, the likes of which we haven???t seen since the Trucker Hat.

Are they they the same????

They very well be the same...

But seriously, I really don't experience dress codes in nyc anymore. Maybe if I went to a mega-club in midtown I would be surrounded by those dudes, but most downtown spots don't even have a dress code.

Most people wear cool t-shirts, denim, and cool sneakers, but again, I'm sure if I went to the bougie places it would be different.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

JD,

Is that your old spot in Houston where you had to jump a fence to take a leak?

that would be it. everclear margaritas (similar to nasty's (woah) and not so similar to nasty's)...

it was just so damn crowded... the room pictured is one of four rooms, and way to crowded. and it wasn't always easy for a skinny white kid to get through all those people, while carrying two drinks, my bladder and trying not to step on toes... so i would just jump the fence, cut through the line and come back. WHEW.. only a few southern cuts give you that much time. they weren't having the "rappers delight" 8 min. extended version.

• heres some oldies-damn I should buy a camera.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I know some of you post pics from your gigs. Maybe we can do it weekly like weekly digs? It's just interesting to see as pics do tell a story. Here is a link to the pics from my gig last Friday.

Looks like a horrible place to play out. I bet they only had the 2 bottles of Moet, that they just carried round all night.

Lol! So what to you would be a great place to play at? I have done the grimey of grimey to the jiggiest it can get! Just wondering, also to the cats that know Scene he showed up and stood next to me for a good 30 min. before I even noticed him! I thought he was one of the promoters. lmao..........If your in Seatown you should check for us tomorrow night at Tabella.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    New Years Eve 2005

• I know some of you post pics from your gigs. Maybe we can do it weekly like weekly digs? It's just interesting to see as pics do tell a story. Here is a link to the pics from my gig last Friday.

how was your evening with yt??

damn i hope you are getting PAID to dj that shit. thats the kind of party i would like to dj with a remote control.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    New Years Eve 2005 [/b]

you're from the future?!... cool.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

that one dudes face is classic. identical smile in so many pictures. a little creepy

SG

• Options
    Imagine what goes on here

K in Canada.

P.S. No offense 'Preme cause I'm sure the tunes were tight, but that looked like a soul-less bunch of folk.

• urrrs, now those are some party photos.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Soul Travelers in Philly - Summer 2005

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Sweat in NYC, Summer 2005

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The Rub, Brooklyn September 2005

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    AI,
    Is a tetanus shot mandatory before entering that club?

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Milk, Night of the Remix, Oct. 7, Frisco City.

Courtesy of DJ Stef:

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    NICE PICTURES COSMO!!

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Here's what it was on friday............................

I had em' lined up for you Big Chan!!!! Where were you?