Help me stop a bootlegging scumbag

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i dont understand what is going on in this thread now

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Neither do I. I guess he's trying to use parts of my bio that's on my website to dis me or something.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Okay, really got to go now. Let the slander of my name continue, "bros."

Until I return, I remain your faithful boy who cried wolf of stupidity.

Peace In The Streetz. Break A Bootlegga Neck!!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Uh, how did this thread spiral into personal shit flinging?

This is about to get superugly.

OK, you asked for it.

I'm not the one who had a very public mental breakdown because the Eagles lost a football game, nor did I ever go berzerk because I felt that not enough people were looking at my sister's pictures.

And there's a big difference between your blind rage and my righteous anger (which you seem to be overestimating).

I am not going to allow this to spiral out of control, Oliver.

OH NOOOOOOO...

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I don't know what's more hilarious. This thread or the 'baggin on the Mack' thread.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    this thread is awesome. soulstrut is nearly back to its beef heavy glory

But I ain't said shit yet

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

fuck you

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Guzzo's here...The game just got realer.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

fuck you

I...can...feel....it....happening..

• And yo, if someone wants to clown on this request, fuck you up front; this is real and I'm trying to help a destitute musician. If you think this sounds sketchy be aware that I am 100% above ground (nothingexceptional.com) and those who know me and my dealings with artists know my track record is clean, so keep it to yourself. I hate having to write this paragraph but there are some idle-ass haters on this site who just love to get all suspicious & dramatic whenever someone dares ask for something like this.

To the rest, thank you.

And that's the thing with Cosmo. He always lets his passion for music take him to new places, inspiring his DJ contemporaries and the people that come out to listen to him. Whether he's spinning for an intimate group of 50 or an audience of thousands, he always knows what song will engage and, of course, move the crowd. Whatever it is that he's involved with, judging by his track record, it could easily be the next big thing.

I was fascinated by 'Opposites Attract,' dancing with a rapping animated character called "MC Scat Cat."

I was fascinated by 'Opposites Attract,' dancing with a rapping animated character called "MC Scat Cat."

I also liked DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, especially the stoned out second side (second LP) with all the beatboxing and the live track where the Fresh Prince gets a cheer from the crowd by yelling, "All the people who got AIDS, be quiet!" I hated rap, always will. It's just weak musically. Whereas someone like Bowie or Morrissey were always able to balance flagrant attitude with killer musicality, with hip hop you just can't argue that one's waaaay more important than the other.

By now people started calling me gay because I wore t-shirts with Morrissey's picture on them.

Just a few KILLER nuggets of knowledge I've gleaned from BeardedD's website. Those who sleep in glass houses of foolishness should not throw stones methinks. [/b]

• shit is about to get super ugly.

• Yeah dude, way to quote an essay where I spend half the time making fun of myself.

• Yeah dude, way to quote an essay where I spend half the time making fun of myself.

Sorry, one as plebian and uncouth as myself has a hard time discerning when you intellectuals are displaying "irony" and "wit". You started your thread with a bad attitude and things kind spiraled from there homeslice. You need to get over yourself.

• other NYC spots:

Bleeker St. Records
    Etherea
    and Earwax in Brooklyn

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Cosmo is a good dude. Douglas is a good dude. Hate to see you both go at each other over nothing.

Both of you have a lot to contribute (and already have contributed a lot) to the board.

I believe this "beef" (like most) should be quashed. Please don't forget the original intent of this thread, regardless of the tone.

Long live good music,
    M

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    No one's trying to press 2,000 copies of your CD and sell them for $20 each.

Duh, they just download them from the Internet like everyone else. Who buys CDs anymore?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Boston
    Twisted Village
    Forced Exposure

Both In Your Ears (617-787-9755 BOS 491-5035 CAM) carry psych "reissues" incl Akarma, etc.

• I'm really grateful for all the suggestions so far. Let's finish this shit. Anybody in Europe have anymore stores or distributors?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    this is hot. i have been waiting for the right moment to jump back in. soulstrut is red hot today. FUK A BREAK.

peaceful solutions, back up in this.

THAT, was funny.

• Morrissey definitely had the best chin in Rock N Roll.

Give a call to Rocket Scientist in Greenwich Village!

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Seriously, I think that RAJ should hire a team of professionals to oversee this board. One of those professionals should be a family therapist because the bickering here is like some wierd dysfunctional family that has never met...

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    At the moment I can't tell you who the artist is because there's an outside chance that by applying all this pressure the guilty party will step down and stop their stealing.

Wouldn't that be the best thing to do for all parties? Make him stop his bootlegging ("stealing"), rather than have his shit bootlegged then try to stop it? To be honest with you, I doubt "SOME" stores will care... and why spend the money and stress on a worldwide mission?? Try stop the dude BEFORE it gets booted (if you know who it is...)... the artist cant be "THAT" big if you're on soulstrut tryin' to get numbers for stores hommie....

I was with Shadow when he found his Live in Austin bootleg in a store in Brisbane... the store kindly gave him one copy of the record, even though there were more copies on the shelf... he was cool widdit.

Anyhow... good luck!

Bevan

• what is the name of the artist?[/b]

i think it would help us avoid a boot

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Fuck this little fucking cocksucker.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Fuck this little fucking cocksucker.

Sabadabada INDEED.

• I'm really grateful for all the suggestions so far. Let's finish this shit. Anybody in Europe have anymore stores or distributors?

If it??s cheap bootleg stuff (in sight of prices) like ARKAMA it??s all about record fairs !!

• At the moment I can't tell you who the artist is because there's an outside chance that by applying all this pressure the guilty party will step down and stop their stealing.

Wouldn't that be the best thing to do for all parties? Make him stop his bootlegging ("stealing"), rather than have his shit bootlegged then try to stop it? To be honest with you, I doubt "SOME" stores will care... and why spend the money and stress on a worldwide mission?? Try stop the dude BEFORE it gets booted (if you know who it is...)... the artist cant be "THAT" big if you're on soulstrut tryin' to get numbers for stores hommie....

I was with Shadow when he found his Live in Austin bootleg in a store in Brisbane... the store kindly gave him one copy of the record, even though there were more copies on the shelf... he was cool widdit.

Anyhow... good luck!

Bevan

as most folks, we are mistaking "pirate" and "bootleg"..a pirated record would be a release that has/had a legitmate release but has illegal copies produced, ie. this unnamed psych reisssue that this thread is about..these actaully take money out of the pocket of the artist, because someone will buy the pirate and not the legitimate release, thus the artist loses a sale...a "bootleg" is a release that does not exsist as another release, ie "live in (somewhere)"(like the Dj shadow one)...the artist really does not lose money on these releases, because they do not have a similar release that folks can buy in lieu of the bootleg, and plus, most people who buy bootlegs, like the "live in such and such", are usually huge fans of the artist so they also buy the artists legitimate releases. Not to say that the people who profit from the "live in somewhere" are the ones who should, but no money is being taken out of the pocket of an artist for bootlegs, but they do get money taken out of their pocket for pirated records.

I know it is just semantics, but it is just one of those little word things that kinda bug me when folks misuse them, like entitled, I hate it when someone says a book, record, movie is "entitled"...it is not "entitled" to anything, it is an inaminate object...it is "titled", but I digress...

ok I am done with my little pet peeve..back to the discussion at hand.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    all this makes me want to now BUY this album... it would of been better for me (anger wise) to have just said dudes name.

ive called folks out on other forums by name... yeah sometimes they get mad, sometimes they dont, sometimes they apologize... but really this thread is a fucking huge waste of my fucking time and my anger is now being directed at you BD. see... thats wack... and we had a nice exchange of PMs too. and you were hella cool to break down bits and pieces of new age/insertgenrenamehere as well...

just say the goddamn name or attach a pad to those panties you got on underneath that skirt youre rocking... for fuck christs sake...

its like theres a bunch of pussy children on here that want to fuckin start beef with dudes but got no fucking balls to back up their rage...

i think patrick the mack is a bitch for bidding on shit and not coming through with payments... youre a fake ass wanna be gangster youngster. you need to grow the fuck up with that stupid gun talk before it gets your shit blown wide open... internet words are still words yo... and niggas like me travel.

i think marklatency had too much authority to handle being a moderator at first... hes come into his own though... but freal... son, you were fucking up in the beginning...

me... well, im pretty negative and can be a raging asshole when i dont have food in my system. i like to be in control and tell people what to do (even if theyre doing things better without me). when shit doesnt go my way or the way i planned something i get irritated and grouchy.... like a bitch! call it being an only child or what the fuck... cause really i dont care.

love me or fuck off...

see... isnt that shit easy...