Help me stop a bootlegging scumbag

Comments

• Oliver, if you can't see that Cosmo's just looking for trouble and that I ignored him the first two times... Read the thread again.

Jinx, we're doing legit reissues. One legit item already came out before I was on the scene. This is just making us work a little faster than we were before.

The person who did the bootleg made no attempt to contact the artist and his first response to being confronted by the artist's representative, who has the master tapes... was to try to get his hands on the master tapes. That's why I'm pissed off, and that's why I doubt the guy is going to cooperate.

Cosmo, your post speaks for itself.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    hey dude, I appreciate what you're doing, it is a good thing. However there are many paths to a common goal, and you're taking a rocky one to say the least. When you expect the worst out of people, that is often what you get because it's a reflection of your attitude also.

but yeah, let's not let this descend into something totally unnecessary.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Oliver, if you can't see that Cosmo's just looking for trouble and that I ignored him the first two times... Read the thread again.

Jinx, we're doing legit reissues. One legit item already came out before I was on the scene. This is just making us work a little faster than we were before.

The person who did the bootleg made no attempt to contact the artist and his first response to being confronted by the artist's representative, who has the master tapes... was to try to get his hands on the master tapes. That's why I'm pissed off, and that's why I doubt the guy is going to cooperate.

Yeah it does speak for itself

t's just that Josh brought up what seemed to be a serious point in the antagonism in the initial post, that what seemed to be borderline hostile and - because of the particular tone - might cause people to shy away from what I would consider a valiant cause. I know that it did for me, and as someone who has material that is bootlegged I am down for your efforts.

English, motherfucker. English.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Dude, you could have chosen to ignore Cosmo and that'd be that. End of story. It's not like he (or anyone else) was going after you like The Mack is getting pummeled right now. Calling someone psycho - with examples no less - hardly seems like an appropriate response especially if your overall point here is to build good will. I'm certainly down for your attempts to derail a potential bootlegger and frankly, I didn't mind your aggro tone coming out the gate but if this thread has veered off into an ugly tangent (even if only temporarily), understand that your response only pushes further in that direction.

But whatever...this is all besides the point.

Oliver, if you can't see that Cosmo's just looking for trouble and that I ignored him the first two times... Read the thread again.

• I'm sorry if I started this shit. I just happen to think many of us here have come together in enough dimensions to warrant some communal respect. I appreciate you helping this dude. That's the right thing to do.

I'm curious though, how righteous can your anger be when you've only recently met this musician?

• And again~ to be clear, I apologize for causing any problems. That was not my intention.

cheers

• wants to be the next "righteous defender of funk" in a wax poetics article

wow. that was mean. sorry. good to stick up for people. bootleggers boooooo

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hi Tone. I'm not gonna see you this weekend. Sorry.

• Hi Tone. I'm not gonna see you this weekend. Sorry.

its cool, cugino. havent seen in a bit, hope youre good meng. say whatup to the people

• What is the minimum amount of time I have to know someone to feel angry for their situation? I've known this artist for six months, his music for about a year and a half.

There's no magic machine to find out what would have happened without my "hostile" paragraph, but I am 100% certain some jackass would have accused me of trying to get this info for some other reason. That's the way it is around here. I'm not making this shit up, folks.

The problem is too many people trying to be clever by playing devil's advocate. Get over it.

I admit it was a little too strongly worded. Do I owe someone an apology for this?

I brushed aside Cosmo's remarks twice. Even when he obliquely brought some sort of strange racial shit into the mix.

Peacefulrotation, dude, I never got twisted about what you were saying and I tried to respond to you on that level. To be clear, I can't imagine you ever once trying to bug anyone in any way. You're the -righteous- peacemaker around here and you have my full respect.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Will do. Que onda con tigo, ese? Sabado es el cumplea??os a mi esposa.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    What is the minimum amount of time I have to know someone to feel angry for their situation? I've known this artist for six months, his music for about a year and a half.

There's no magic machine to find out what would have happened without my "hostile" paragraph, but I am 100% certain some jackass would have accused me of trying to get this info for some other reason. That's the way it is around here. I'm not making this shit up, folks.

The problem is too many people trying to be clever by playing devil's advocate. Get over it.

I admit it was a little too strongly worded. Do I owe someone an apology for this?

I brushed aside Cosmo's remarks twice. Even when he obliquely brought some sort of strange racial shit into the mix.

Peacefulrotation, dude, I never got twisted about what you were saying and I tried to respond to you on that level. To be clear, I can't imagine you ever once trying to bug anyone in any way. You're the -righteous- peacemaker around here and you have my full respect.

You take yourself way too seriously dude. Please. My Name. Pie-Hole. Shutteded. Por Favor.

• Cosmo, you talk about yourself as "someone who has bootlegged material" (presumably meaning to say you've been bootlegged) and you tell me I'm taking myself too seriously?

No one's trying to press 2,000 copies of your CD and sell them for $20 each. You're a clown, dude.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    You are really playing yourself by these failed attempts to attack me personally, dude. Who's the clown?

My Name. Pie-Hole. Shutteded. Por Favor.

• CaMKIIaCaMKIIa 269 Posts
    Oh yeah, the two Streetlight Records in SF probably don't have them, but again...worth a check.

yeah but the streetlight in san jose carries a lot of akarma stuff.

• Will do. Que onda con tigo, ese? Sabado es el cumplea??os de mi esposa.

carajo! how you get the "enye" going on?
    demasiado trabajo por esto lado. estoy siempre lunchando con el tiempo...pero me aprovecho de la vida.
    ....saludos y felicidaciones a s----y!!!!

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    OK, you asked for it.

I'm not the one who had a very public mental breakdown because the Eagles lost a football game, nor did I ever go berzerk because I felt that not enough people were looking at my sister's pictures.

And there's a big difference between your blind rage and my righteous anger (which you seem to be overestimating).

did you really use the phrase "my righteous anger"?

• What is the minimum amount of time I have to know someone to feel angry for their situation? I've known this artist for six months, his music for about a year and a half.

dude, smoke a joint, grab a brew, just chill. it isn't that serious. all you had to do was ask people about their local mom and pop spots, and believe me, fellow strutters would've been more than happy to drop names. what was the point of all this extra shit?

• "sabadabada"

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    "sabadabada"

"You're like the boy who cried wolf of stupidity."

"sabadabada"

• Cosmo, you talk about yourself as "someone who has bootlegged material" (presumably meaning to say you've been bootlegged) and you tell me I'm taking myself too seriously?

No one's trying to press 2,000 copies of your CD and sell them for $20 each. You're a clown, dude.

You're making an absolute fool of yourself homedude. I think your "righteous anger" is a little unfocused.

• this is hot. i have been waiting for the right moment to jump back in. soulstrut is red hot today. FUK A BREAK.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    this thread is awesome. soulstrut is nearly back to its beef heavy glory

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Cosmo, you talk about yourself as "someone who has bootlegged material" (presumably meaning to say you've been bootlegged) and you tell me I'm taking myself too seriously?

You're making an absolute fool of yourself homedude. I think your "righteous anger" is a little unfocused.

Ahhh, I've summoned all of my "cronies."

EXXCELLLLENT...

• this is hot. i have been waiting for the right moment to jump back in. soulstrut is red hot today. FUK A BREAK.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    this is hot. i have been waiting for the right moment to jump back in. soulstrut is red hot today. FUK A BREAK.

Okay I have to go. Later yall.

Stop buying bootlegs!!!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    dont go on this board asking to bootleg my mans shit

• And yo, if someone wants to clown on this request, fuck you up front; this is real and I'm trying to help a destitute musician. If you think this sounds sketchy be aware that I am 100% above ground (nothingexceptional.com) and those who know me and my dealings with artists know my track record is clean, so keep it to yourself. I hate having to write this paragraph but there are some idle-ass haters on this site who just love to get all suspicious & dramatic whenever someone dares ask for something like this.

To the rest, thank you.

And that's the thing with Cosmo. He always lets his passion for music take him to new places, inspiring his DJ contemporaries and the people that come out to listen to him. Whether he's spinning for an intimate group of 50 or an audience of thousands, he always knows what song will engage and, of course, move the crowd. Whatever it is that he's involved with, judging by his track record, it could easily be the next big thing.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    And yo, if someone wants to clown on this request, fuck you up front; this is real and I'm trying to help a destitute musician. If you think this sounds sketchy be aware that I am 100% above ground (nothingexceptional.com) and those who know me and my dealings with artists know my track record is clean, so keep it to yourself. I hate having to write this paragraph but there are some idle-ass haters on this site who just love to get all suspicious & dramatic whenever someone dares ask for something like this.

To the rest, thank you.

And that's the thing with Cosmo. He always lets his passion for music take him to new places, inspiring his DJ contemporaries and the people that come out to listen to him. Whether he's spinning for an intimate group of 50 or an audience of thousands, he always knows what song will engage and, of course, move the crowd. Whatever it is that he's involved with, judging by his track record, it could easily be the next big thing.

Hi!