Forget records, get your raer cassette blanks on

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
http://hanazuc02.ld.infoseek.co.jp/cassettes/cassettes.htmand a personal favorite over the years:

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    grey tapes

• word. this threads reminds me of that mobile that Romanowski did. He used all these old orange cassettes and painted on 'em. real fresh.

I've always been a fan of mixtapes that where on colored tapes (Z-Trip had some b-boy tape like this that was on red). An old 1200 hobos tape had this ill-ass graff stickr wrapped around it.

I was a fan of the black "cd-it 70''minutes" cassettes. They came in this fly slim case as well.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

These were/are my joint all day, every day.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    These look like they'd sound nice:

SG

• I remember these didn't sound so good.

But these on the other hand sounded great, frickin made of metal.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I remember these didn't sound so good.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I used to love those Teac jonts though, the reels came in different colors and everything. Looked way impressive in my Panasonic Platinum boombox. As a youngster I would tape the World Famous Supreme Team show on those things and know damn well I was

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

I had some of these. What was so special? They were supposed to be for CD copying but fuck if I noticed a difference. Plus, I always thought the gray was wack; clear tapes were always what was popular.

• i wish i had a digital camera so i could post a pick of my cassette collection-- i've been doing radio shows for about 12 years, but only good about archiving airchecks for about the last 6. even so, i have upwards of 500 cassettes of radio shows dating back to about 1993. the shits are stacked in a brick about 1.5' by 1.5' by 1.5'.