fav versions of Jamrock?

p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
lately i've been partial to the bounty killer track on the "world a jam" greensleeves riddim comp...

Comments

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    hey you fuckheadz

• parenparen 537 Posts

but not evreybody have i-net since years

still likes Low Bee's Welcome to Diprock blend.

• I have one with Biggie on it. I am not sure where they got the verse from. OR Biggie must be alive because Jamrock is a new song.

I also have one with Ini Kamoze.

• I also have one with Ini Kamoze.

That would be the original the "Jamrock" riddim is based on.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I have one with Biggie on it. I am not sure where they got the verse from. OR Biggie must be alive because Jamrock is a new song.

I also have one with Ini Kamoze.

I was digging around for a 12" of Jamrock sans Biggie but could only find the Biggie one. It's awful. Ended up getting a 7" of Jamrock which turned out to be very baddly pressed and sounded like shit. Live and learn. Jamaican pressings are always

• not sure of my fav "version." li'l kim's cruel rip-off "push up your lighters" comes to mind as the worst song that is at least derivative of Jamrock.

That song really sucks.

• It may suck in comparison to Jamrock, but does excellent work doubling as the single Lauryn Hill will never release but should have....

• yeah but at least Lauryn was ripping off the dancehall style back in the pre-Sean Paul era. for a girl from Brooklyn to hop on this bandwagon out of nowhere in 2005 (fake JA accent on the hook and all) just seems pathetic.

• yeah but at least Lauryn was ripping off the dancehall style back in the pre-Sean Paul era. for a girl from Brooklyn to hop on this bandwagon out of nowhere in 2005 (fake JA accent on the hook and all) just seems pathetic.

Agreed. Good dancefloor cut though.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    li'l kim's cruel rip-off "push up your lighters" comes to mind as the worst song that is at least derivative of Jamrock.

Thats one of the best singles of the year, IMO. The verses are ridiculous. I think her album is a pretty big step forward for female emcees.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts

Smashes it in the club. But then I like the Brooklyn version over the worldwide version too.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

Smashes it in the club. But then I like the Brooklyn version over the worldwide version too.

is this available on wax?

also, the Tony Yayo one is actually pretty cool:

put your hands up
    give me that chain and that jacob
    one false move, you'll get sprayed up
    i'm in a brinks truck
    50 got me fucked and blingged up
    last year i was broke now my weights up

i have the 7" of jamrock too and it's kinda a crackly pressing... sucks...

• your avatar choice says it all. that song sucks.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    50 got me fucked

AAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO